The Sims 4 - What would you like to see?

Talk about all variations of The Sims, from the original game to the upcoming Sims 4.

The Sims 4 - What would you like to see?

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Alright, so picture this. The Sims is created by a decent company, they don't hold back on half the game in order to sell you it later. They announce The Sims 4. What would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see the graphics greatly improved. They released this artwork before The Sims 3:

If The Sims 4 looked like that, it'd be awesome. The sims themselves looking more realistic would be great too, but it's not just a game about sims, people also use it a lot for creating houses, and being able to see your creations in great graphics is very rewarding. (it'd actually be quite nice if you could bring over your sims 3 houses too; it'd be rewarding to see them with the new graphics without having to build them again, though i'm not hedging bets on them doing that).

Lighting has big problems in the sims 3, especially with light not travelling between floors. Those problems should've really been fixed before The Sims 3 was released. I'd look forward to seeing it work properly in The Sims 4.

I remember some Sims 2 promos which emphasised the family role, with scenes of a toddler taking its first steps with the help of a grandparent, but when we got the game it turned out that family members aren't supportive of or in-sync with each other (nor are they in sync with daytime). I'd love to see that turned up, so you could have relationships such as that naturally evolve.

For customisation options, the sims 3 let you customise the colour schemes of everything, but in the sims 4 I think it'd be good if you could essentially make your own standard objects. For example, a sofa. You could decide on the amount of sections, height/style of the armrests, number of squares, size of the seat, size of the back etc. and then you could colour it the way you want too. If they had a number of these creators for various things such as chairs, beds, tables, counters etc. it'd be awesome.

Other than that, I can't really of think of what I'd like to see in The Sims 4.

Also, a new name - The Sims HD. I think that sounds pretty cool.
Andrew
Baby

Return to The Sims