2012 "Apocalypse"

General talk about real life.

2012 "Apocalypse"

Postby Sam » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Nobody believes in this mumbo jumbo, right? I don't for sure but I'd be lying if I told you when we get to December 20th I won't be slightly nervous. LOL. Even though I know it's complete rubbish and this planet has been getting along just fine for billions of years but some ridiculous part of me just has to believe the hype; even though I don't. Meh, I can't explain it. It's like before Christmas I had a dream and it was just someone shouting "March 17th" over and over and over and over again. Now I'm nervous about tomorrow!? I mean for f*ck sake, what's wrong with me?

Anyway, a few people have been posting this on Facebook and I think it's hilarious. I made this thread as I didn't really know where to post it. It probably doesn't even belong in the Debates thread but where else could it have gone? :lol:

There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago.

I love that. :P
Sam
Elder

Re: 2012 "Apocalypse"

Postby Jack » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:05 am

Hey, didn't some guy in a church in America say that the world was gonna end not too long ago? It'd be weird if it was 7 months ago but I can't be bothered looking it up. :lol:

I don't believe it, but I'm the same, I'll probably be really nervous when the time comes around. :lol:
Jack
Adult

Postby Sam » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:32 pm

That nut job is hilarious. He keeps saying dates and when they pass he keeps saying "oh, I'll be right next time". :lol: Really is hilarious how people think they get genuine messages from "God".
Sam
Elder

Postby MelKaya » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 pm

I think I heard somewhere that they'd miscounted the Mayan calendars and that the end of the world was supposed to be like last year or something, lmao!

This also does not stop me being paranoid around that time though :S
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Sam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm

MelKaya wrote:I think I heard somewhere that they'd miscounted the Mayan calendars and that the end of the world was supposed to be like last year or something, lmao!

This also does not stop me being paranoid around that time though :S

LOL. I heard this, also. Apparently, the Mayans didn't take leap years into account, because they didn't exist at the time! :lol: You'd think they'd know that, wouldn't you?
Sam
Elder

Return to General Chat