The Movie Discussion Thread

Talk about TV, from Game of Thrones to The X Factor.

Re: The Movie Discussion Thread

Postby Stewart » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Oh I completely agree with you. I thought the vast majority of people liked Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker? Was certainly a definite improvement on Tobey and much closer to the comic book version than he was.

Also Emma Stone as Gwen was fantastic. If I had to pick a standout moment from any of the first 5 Spider-Man films, I'd go for the clock tower scene at the end of the second film with Peter/Gwen/Goblin.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Agreed. With all of the above.
Sam
Elder

Postby Jack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:06 am

Saw's back, in a campy way. Jigsaw is out this halloween. Trailer is out below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPP6aIw1vgY

So, I actually love the Saw movies. They're gory, but the story is actually fairly decent and thought provoking for a horror movie. I hope they don't ruin this, but the trailer doesn't look promising.
Jack
Adult

Postby Stewart » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 pm

I watched the first Saw for the first time at the end of July. It was alright. I'll get around to the rest of them before Jigsaw is released in cinemas, but I'm not expecting much.

I don't feel like anyone was crying out for another Kong film (and certainly not a movie universe that is set to feature both Kong and Godzilla), but Kong: Skull Island was decent enough.

Annebelle: Creation was thankfully a vast improvement on the first film, and much more in line with The Conjuring movies. Hopefully they can keep maintain this level of quality for The Nun spin-off next year (and the inevitable 3rd Conjuring film).

Really, really liked Atomic Blonde. Charlize Theron totally kicks ass. Great 80's soundtrack, fantastic action sequences. It's a little bit more style over substance than I'd like, but it's definitely a movie I''m gonna enjoy rewatching when it's released on DVD.
Stewart
Adult

Previous

Return to TV & Film