The TV Discussion Thread

Talk about TV, from Game of Thrones to The X Factor.

The TV Discussion Thread

Postby Jason » Mon May 28, 2007 12:02 pm

I wanted to make a general TV conversation thread because there are things I'd like to talk about without having to make new threads about programmes that were only on last night or something like that.

Still, feel free to make a new thread for a longer-running show - this thread sort of defeats the whole point in there being a forum dedicated to Media Topics, lol. But I'd rather not clutter it up with threads with no replies.
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Thu May 31, 2007 9:40 am

Don't you hate it when you get to the last episode of a TV series and then feel that sudden withdrawal after thinking that there are no more episodes to watch?

That has been rather bad lately, what with Desperate Housewives and Lost finished, and Ugly Betty to finish in the coming weeks.

And I've just finished watching all the episodes of an older TV show online - I find that worse because there aren't going to be any more series of it. :(
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:18 pm

Mean Girls has just started on C4 now.

I'm going to degrade myself by spending my Saturday night watching it... :|
Jason
Adult

Postby Will » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Lol, you always make me laugh Jason.
Will
Child

Postby Jason » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:10 am

willum wrote:Lol, you always make me laugh Jason.

Lol, if it makes the situation any worse, I can say that I also watched "Get Over It" straight after that. Another typical teen movie I suppose.

Mean Girls was actually alright. It was funny in places, and the characters were interesting. I also liked the constant references to being run over by the school bus. :P
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:03 am

The Friday Night Project was quite good tonight. I think Chris Moyles was an ace guest host. It was probably one of the best eps I've seen for a while - although the FNN wasn't that funny.

I usually lose interest after the first half hour though. It just gets boring after a certain point.
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Has anyone here seen "The Butterfly Effect", and if so, is it worth watching tonight?
Jason
Adult

Postby Adrian » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Jason wrote:Has anyone here seen "The Butterfly Effect", and if so, is it worth watching tonight?

it is a very good film, but very hard to follow.

I do recomend it to you though Jay, because I think your someone who would enjoy it. :mrgreen:
Type something cool here :P
Adrian
Baby

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Adrian wrote:
Jason wrote:Has anyone here seen "The Butterfly Effect", and if so, is it worth watching tonight?

it is a very good film, but very hard to follow.

I do recomend it to you though Jay, because I think your someone who would enjoy it. :mrgreen:

Okay, thanks Ade. It's on at 10:15 I think, so I should be back home in time to watch it.

Ah, I'm sort of glad BB isn't on Saturday nights actually. It gives people a chance to go out. :P
Jason
Adult

Postby Stewart » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm

I really liked The Butterfly Effect.

I didn't expect to like it - that probably helped a lot.

There are 4 endings to the film - the one seen on C4 last night was the version shown in cinemas. The DVD has the ending as the directors version and there are another 2 versions on top of that.

And there's a Butterfly Effect 2. :roll: Like most sequels I imagine it's a bit crap but I'll no doubt check it out just incase.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Jason » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:51 pm

Argh, I missed it. I didn't get in until about 2AM last night, so my chances of watching it had totally gone out of the window.

Perhaps I could rent it or something, if it's worth it. Then again, I don't usually take much of an interest in films that aren't really shown on TV.
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:45 am

Last night's FNP with Kanye West was excellent. It was one of the best for a long time, I think.
Jason
Adult

Postby Lance » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:45 pm

Jason wrote:Last night's FNP with Kanye West was excellent. It was one of the best for a long time, I think.

I bloody missed it. :(

Will catch the repeat, and anything has to be better than the David Gest one, that was awful. :roll:
'"Stop dreaming", people who say that are blaspheming' - Mike Skinner.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Stewart » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:03 pm

With Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives returning in America in about a month, adverts have started airing.

The adverts are great. It's hard to say whether they contain spoilers or not - the adverts don't contain any footage from the upcoming series but feature some characters who's lives were at risk in the previous series. Some people would say that means they're alive and therefore the advert's a spoiler but since there's no proper footage of the series then it isn't giving anything away. Anyway, the adverts Channel 4 will air in December will only feature clips from the new series so they'll probably spoil things anyway.

The Ugly Betty advert is, as you'd expect, bright and cheerful whereas the Desperate Housewives advert is dark and glamourous.

Desperate Housewives Season 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Led2aa5383Q

Ugly Betty Season 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqb9uZFcBtE

Here's a different promo for Ugly Betty which features clips from series 2 and a few tiny spoilers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwAVNbMEEP0

There's no advert for Lost since it doesn't return until February in America and UK.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Andrew » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:23 pm

Ooooh, can't wait! Might watch it on the internet though cause i cba to wait for it to come out in the uk.
Andrew
Baby

Postby paul » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Omg :D That looks well good. I can't wait for it :D
paul
Baby

Postby Stewart » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Actually, Ugly Betty is returning to C4 sooner than expected. The first 11 episodes will show from October with a break somewhere between December and March after which the concluding 12 episodes of series 2 will air.

Doesn't look like the same is happening for Desperate Housewives - expect a straight 23 episode run from January.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Ajay » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm glad Ugly Betty's returning sooner. The advert is good, even if Mika annoys me...
I prefer the DH trailer though, David LaChapelle's a really good director, he did the trailer for Channel 4 to advertise Desperate Housewives before it actually started as well, and he did the same for LOST I think.
Can't wait for Desperate Housewives or Ugly Betty to start.
Ajay
Toddler

Postby bigphilwest » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm

Stewart wrote:Actually, Ugly Betty is returning to C4 sooner than expected. The first 11 episodes will show from October with a break somewhere between December and March after which the concluding 12 episodes of series 2 will air.

Doesn't look like the same is happening for Desperate Housewives - expect a straight 23 episode run from January.
getting sick of channel 4 doing that infact i'm getting sick of british tv
bigphilwest
Baby

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:32 pm

I watch Fox News now instead of Granada. I know what you mean, Phil.
Danny
Teenager

Postby Will » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm getting sick of American television. The news seems too biased and the picture quality of the shows is terrible compared to the average British show.

And I never watch anything other than BBC, otherwise it's a one-off.
Will
Child

Postby Stewart » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:49 pm

bigphilwest wrote:
Stewart wrote:Actually, Ugly Betty is returning to C4 sooner than expected. The first 11 episodes will show from October with a break somewhere between December and March after which the concluding 12 episodes of series 2 will air.

getting sick of channel 4 doing that infact i'm getting sick of british tv

Getting sick of C4 doing what?
Stewart
Adult

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:57 pm

willum wrote:I'm getting sick of American television. The news seems too biased and the picture quality of the shows is terrible compared to the average British show.

And I never watch anything other than BBC, otherwise it's a one-off.

Ages ago, you said you didn't watch it AT ALL. Hmm...
Danny
Teenager

Postby Will » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Hmm...I don't have a clue what you're on about.
Will
Child

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:08 pm

You said you never EVER watch American shows so how can you be sick of it all?
Danny
Teenager

Next

Return to TV & Film