Sim Brother UK 2011 (on hiatus - see within)

Post your fansite advertisments here. Please read the rules first.

Sim Brother UK 2011 (on hiatus - see within)

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:43 am

Last edited by Tom on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Teenager

Re: ?

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 am

Great...

This won't be going up on SimTV. If you insist on doing a SB series can you not at least change the name? The series on this site is called Sim Brother.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:50 am

Sam wrote:Great...

This won't be going up on SimTV. If you insist on doing a SB series can you not at least change the name? The series on this site is called Sim Brother.

a) I've previously said it's not on SimTV.
b) As you said yourself last night, you didn't create the idea of Sim Brother. You can't tell people whether or not they're allowed to use the name. If you don't wish to view it you don't have to view it.

Thank you.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 am

Wow, welcome back to the forum. First you complain no ones around then you're rude.

I just don't know if people are gonna view ANOTHER Sim Brother series. There's already three series that's gonna be on SimTV this year including the one that's just finished but then there's SB5 in the summer and Global Sim Brother in the winter.

Why don't you just try something different and unique? From what I remember you wanted to do a SB when you used to be around and you were rude to Nathan about him wanting to do one too.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm

If you don't want me back here fine. Don't bring up anything I did before please, I used to be so annoying. I'm trying to start fresh.

I didn't complain no one was around, I just asked if things were a little quiet.

I don't understand all this. Why are you being so touchy? What is your problem? All I was planning to do was a short Sim Brother series on my own website to follow up my previous (admittedly crap, but kind of popular) attempt to do a series as I'm going on holiday early this year and have more time in the summer.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm being touchy because we're your "audience" for the series and this "audience" already has a good Sim Brother to watch on this own site.

I'm just saying I'm not sure many people will follow it. And it is quite annoying for me because I just don't see why you can't do something different and more unique, your show could even be on SimTV that way. The demand for SB was high in 2008-2009 but it's not any more because there's a series on this site now.

I doubt you'd be able to cope with the workload to be honest. If great show runners like Absolute and Stewart couldn't do it then you have no chance. Very few people have been able to do it.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 pm

OK, whatever, just give me this. It's unlikely I'll be able to do another one any way.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Tom wrote:OK, whatever, just give me this. It's unlikely I'll be able to do another one any way.

You can do it, I just don't see the point of it! :roll:
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Alright. I have an idea for an original show which I've written half a script for for this site as I've said. I've got the first week of Sim Brother out of the way so I'll develop more of the show I've planned.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 pm

So are you doing this or not?

I'm just saying people (including myself) attempted to make a SB series elsewhere other than this site and they all failed and crumbled. I just don't recommend doing it. There's not much point.
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I wouldn't recommend doing it, unless it was on youtube and I've seen really amazing creators struggle with Sim Brother on youtube. It just doesn't get the attention it used to any more. SimTV's gets attention because it's already got a fan base (if thats the word), but any other wouldn't get that much attention to be honest.
I don't think we're having a go Tom; you should try making a completely different show :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Sam wrote:So are you doing this or not?

I'm just saying people (including myself) attempted to make a SB series elsewhere other than this site and they all failed and crumbled. I just don't recommend doing it. There's not much point.

I am doing it, yes.

Thanks Sam and Nathan, I've got it all planned and the first week written so I might as well go ahead with it and at least try. I hope you all enjoy it, but I have taken on board what you have said and will make this one probably my last series.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Fine, do it then. I doubt you'll get many following it.

What a great way to start with your return. :roll:
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Sam wrote:Fine, do it then. I doubt you'll get many following it.

What a great way to start with your return. :roll:

Just see how it goes.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Why did you have to come back? You're clearly still immature and you don't listen to what people say, just like before.

I don't see why you insist on doing an SB series. We're your audience and your potential viewers and we already have an SB on the main site which will have TWO more series' this year. Yours isn't needed.

Go away for another year and then try again.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Sam wrote:Why did you have to come back? You're clearly still immature and you don't listen to what people say, just like before.

I don't see why you insist on doing an SB series. We're your audience and your potential viewers and we already have an SB on the main site which will have TWO more series' this year. Yours isn't needed.

Go away for another year and then try again.

I'm not being immature. I've taken on board what you've said and it's highly likely I won't do another one unless I get a fantastic reaction to this. I've already planned lots of it and written the first week right up to the eviction and I'm not going to scrap something I've worked on for quite a while and put lots of effort into right at the last minute. Capiche?
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Who the hell do you think you are? You're not going to do well on this site if you act like that! You've been back for what three days!? Why do you insist on sharing a Sim Brother with us when there's already one on the site?
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Sam wrote:Who the hell do you think you are? You're not going to do well on this site if you act like that! You've been back for what three days!? Why do you insist on sharing a Sim Brother with us when there's already one on the site?

What, I'm not allowed to advertise something in the Fansite Showcase? Calm down. It's a Sims show. If you don't like it you certainly don't have to view it.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:06 pm

But you're sharing basically the same show with a site that already has the same show? What's the point!?

Three series of Sim Brother are set to air in 2011. A lot of people will even struggle to follow them all the way through as some people find the idea overused. What makes you think they're going to view a fourth one?

We've all got deep into projects we've had to cancel because the reaction wasn't what we hoped for, I just can't see what you're aiming to achieve? Why can't you work on another project that could even be aired on the main site which means more viewers and more feedback?

Sim Brother is truly back on the site now so there's no demand for it here! So why even bother?
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm doing this series. Stop getting so worked up about it. I appreciate it's more than a tad overused but I think I can at least do one last series even if it's only viewed by me. It's a Sims show, not some major million pound production. A bit of fun.
Tom
Teenager

Postby zotler » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Let's not get nasty here - I think that Sam and Nathan are trying to tell you to not get your hopes up, Tom. If you're making this show for the experience or whatever, then fine. Although I'm not sure what you expect to gain from it.

It doesn't make much sense to make such a show, but mainly because you won't be able to prove any sort of originality or imagination from it, when it's more than a little obvious that you took the idea from elsewhere. :? Surely it would be better for you as a writer to try and think of something else, anyway?
zotler
Young Adult

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Tom wrote:I'm doing this series. Stop getting so worked up about it. I appreciate it's more than a tad overused but I think I can at least do one last series even if it's only viewed by me. It's a Sims show, not some major million pound production. A bit of fun.

Yes but it's a waste of your time.

I'm allowed to get worked up. I work hours and hours on Sim Brother and it's my show within this community. If it was for another sim show community then it would be fine but it's not.

There wouldn't be another FSB made, there's already one. There wouldn't be a sitcom allowed about Bob and Betty, there's already one. There wouldn't be another series about contestants on an island, there's already one. Do you not see my point!?

Why did you PM me yesterday and ask for my approval then if you're so insistent!? What was the point in that!?
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:15 pm

zotler wrote:Let's not get nasty here - I think that Sam and Nathan are trying to tell you to not get your hopes up, Tom. If you're making this show for the experience or whatever, then fine. Although I'm not sure what you expect to gain from it.

It doesn't make much sense to make such a show, but mainly because you won't be able to prove any sort of originality or imagination from it, when it's more than a little obvious that you took the idea from elsewhere. :? Surely it would be better for you as a writer to try and think of something else, anyway?

Thanks zotler. :)

I guess I probably am making it for the experience. I do have a something all together different that I've thought up and have half a script for it. I don't want to gain anything out of it. If people enjoy it, that's great. If I get little reaction to it, that's fine too.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Why don't you just work on that then? :roll: We'd all be excited with something new!
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Sam wrote:Why don't you just work on that then? :roll: We'd all be excited with something new!

I am working on it. My Sim Brother doesn't start until the summer and with the first week already done I have quite a bit of time to work on this.
Tom
Teenager

Next

Return to Fansite Showcase