SIMBROTHER.NET

Post your fansite advertisments here. Please read the rules first.

Re: 1 House, 8 Contestants, 1 Winner...

Postby Lance » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Sam wrote:
Tom wrote:
Sam wrote:I don't see why Tom has such a big deal regarding the presenter?

I don't have a big deal. I just find it a little far-fetched. Its not going to spoil my enjoyment of the show.

Yeah, but as you said, it won't ruin your enjoyment of the show so why bring it up? :P :lol: I thought it was good.

You're welcome, Lance. Are these actual real life celebrities or celebrities you've created within the world of the Sims? Be funny if Bella Goth walked in. LOL.

LMAO, controversial interview wouldn't it. :P They're real-life celebrities a la TSZ, Simdemol etc. Although one thing I didn't like about their use of celebs is they were so cliched, I'll be trying my best to avoid that. i.e. If Graham Norton was in it, I wouldn't be making his dialogue purposely camp.

With it being only 15 days long, it's not very long to build made-up housemates from scratch in that time. By the time you've got to know them, it's over.

And thanks Conor, really glad you like that I've tried to experiment with different stuff! :)
'"Stop dreaming", people who say that are blaspheming' - Mike Skinner.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 pm

The live launch show is now up!

I hope you enjoy it. Btw, I'm not claiming the housemates are a brilliant replica of their real life counterparts but I only have World Adventures and I forgot how limited CAS is. So I did my best, I added name-tags to one photo just to make sure everyone knows who is who. As for the housemate selection, I went for something fairly realistic, but not too realistic. I.e. not a house with Lady Gaga and David Cameron in, but a selection that most people will be aware of. I also chose them because I feel I will be able to create good characters for them.

So yeah, let me know what you think!

I've also added all the links to the house, housemates and voting page, but I still need to finish off those pages, I will get that done very soon. And just to let you know, tomorrow's episode will only cover from the evening onwards as we've already seen the rest of the day's earlier action in the launch show and there are no episodes on Saturdays or Sundays - a huge re-cap show on Monday instead.

Thanks!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Anton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Great launch show! It was pretty impressive for the first episode and I like the housemates and the twist. I'm still trying to get over the shock of my bias of Bigbang being in there. Thank you for putting the "smiling angel" in the house. :D They all seem great but for now Daesung's my favorite.
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Anton wrote:Great launch show! It was pretty impressive for the first episode and I like the housemates and the twist. I'm still trying to get over the shock of my bias of Bigbang being in there. Thank you for putting the "smiling angel" in the house. :D They all seem great but for now Daesung's my favorite.

Thank you, Anton! I knew you'd like Daesung :P I do like Big Bang and I had him on my shortlist but when I saw you saying you'd follow my show I thought I'd definitely put him in there for you haha!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Anton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Well thanks for putting him in there Lance. :) "I LOVE YOU" now for this.
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:55 pm

I've changed my mind. I really like the house. The housemates are also realistic, which is good.

Good job! :D
Tom
Teenager

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Good launch show, lance! The house is really nice. :)

I have to admit, though, I'm not really familiar with any of the celebrities other than Stephen Fry and Professor Green.

Obviously, I'm rooting for Fry, since he's unspeakably awesome. :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby Sam » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Pretty decent start, Lance. I'm not a huge fan of actual celebrities going in, I'm not gonna lie, I never liked it with the one series Jon did it with in The Sims 1 and I didn't like the series' on The Sims Zone either. Regardless, it was a good start and I'll continue to watch the rest of the series. All of the celebrities pretty much look like their real life counterparts, except for Stephen Fry, but it's not really a big deal. I'm looking forward to the rest. :)
Sam
Elder

Postby Joel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Good first episode, Lance! I personally like that there's only 7 of them and that it's for 2 weeks. It makes it a lot more manageable as a casual reader of Sim TV shows.
SimTV Forum-Member for over 10 years
Joel
Child

Postby Conor » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Quite enjoyed the launch show, Lance. Liked the twist and knew all of the housemates except that guy from the Korean band. :lol:

Look forward to more. :)
Conor
Toddler

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am

Tom wrote:I've changed my mind. I really like the house. The housemates are also realistic, which is good.

Good job! :D

Glad you've had a change of heart and thanks, I tried to make them semi-realistic!

Rob wrote:Good launch show, lance! The house is really nice. :)

I have to admit, though, I'm not really familiar with any of the celebrities other than Stephen Fry and Professor Green.

Obviously, I'm rooting for Fry, since he's unspeakably awesome. :D

He is awesome :P I can understand you not being too familiar with them all. And thanks!

Sam wrote:Pretty decent start, Lance. I'm not a huge fan of actual celebrities going in, I'm not gonna lie, I never liked it with the one series Jon did it with in The Sims 1 and I didn't like the series' on The Sims Zone either. Regardless, it was a good start and I'll continue to watch the rest of the series. All of the celebrities pretty much look like their real life counterparts, except for Stephen Fry, but it's not really a big deal. I'm looking forward to the rest. :)

Me neither, I prefer normal housemates when viewing BUT on a short series like this it really does seem pointless. Jon's teen series was short and had normal housemates and the character's personalities had to be so over exaggerated it was unrealistic, to make them stand out in such a small space of time. Good thing about celebs is, people can root for someone instantly as Rob and Anton have, there's not much time in two weeks to root for someone without, like I said, making their personalities ridiculously OTT which I don't want to do.

And Stephen Fry was impossible :P glad you think the rest look pretty similar and thanks! :)

Joel wrote:Good first episode, Lance! I personally like that there's only 7 of them and that it's for 2 weeks. It makes it a lot more manageable as a casual reader of Sim TV shows.

Thank you! Yep, it is a lot easier to follow, especially in such a short series. Glad you feel that you can dip in and out casually. :)

Conor wrote:Quite enjoyed the launch show, Lance. Liked the twist and knew all of the housemates except that guy from the Korean band. :lol:

Look forward to more. :)

Good stuff! Glad you enjoyed it and enjoyed the twist. It needed something to get the game going, again, with it being so short.

--------

Today's highlights will be up later this evening/tonight, I'll update when it is up! Hopefully will have the housemates and house pages uploaded too and there's a little extra gimmick in tonight's episode!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:05 pm

Change of plan guys, I originally planed to have weekend re-cap on a monday night, covering saturday and sunday. But now I'm going to have recap on a sunday night covering friday and saturday (so I have fri and sat night off - as that's when I do stuff and I don't want days missing, plus any sb series I've ever considered doing wouldn't have weekend episodes). So because of the launch on sunday you will get thurs night higlights with reaction after the launch, friday higlights and saturday highlights, meaning NO episode tonight.

Hope this doesn't dissapoint anyone but it makes sense to have a weekend recap at the end of the weekend and then back to daily episodes for weekdays. I already had tonight's episode written up btw, just so you know I'm not slacking :P

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Show will be online tonight :)

Lance
Teenager

Postby Joel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Cool, looking forward to it buddy :)
SimTV Forum-Member for over 10 years
Joel
Child

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Should be uploaded within half an hour, thanks! :)

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Okay, the weekend round-up is in two parts just so it's not too much and confusing. I will stagger them. Just uploaded the first part which contains the rest of day 1 (Thurs night) and day 2 (Friday). I'll put the second part with day 3 (Saturday) on a bit later tonight.

Then after tonight it'll be nightly episodes re-capping the previous day as per the usual BB format until the weekend.

Enjoy! http://www.simbrother.net :)

Lance
Teenager

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Cracking episode, can't wait to see the bit coming later tonight.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Anton » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Pretty nice episode. Sometimes, I already want to tell who the moles are to them. :lol: I'm still unsure with who I like other than Daesung but I'll get used to them once the other parts come up. Will they have a task soon? :)
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Tom wrote:Cracking episode, can't wait to see the bit coming later tonight.

Thanks Tom, glad you liked it!

Anton wrote:Pretty nice episode. Sometimes, I already want to tell who the moles are to them. :lol: I'm still unsure with who I like other than Daesung but I'll get used to them once the other parts come up. Will they have a task soon? :)

Thanks! Haha, we'll see what happens regarding the moles. :P And yep, the characters will start coming out soon, don't worry! The second part of tonight's episode sees their first task being set, so yep. :)

Lance
Teenager

Postby Funky Sam » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 pm

I can't believe I didn't realise this was here, mind you I only got back yesterday haha!

If i'm honest, I feel a bit Sim Brother-ed out after Sam's gargantuan series but I've decided to give yours a read aswell!

I'll comment more in detail when each episode is posted, but overall this looks very promising. I like the housemate selection and the house looks quite classic & chic, rather than tacky & over the top. I'd imagine it must be quite difficult to write realistic dialogue in the celebrities' idiolects but I think you've done a great job!

Look forward to reading more Lance!! I'm just glad I looked in this forum haha.
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks, Sam! Glad you like the housemates and the house. It is really hard to get the dialogue right, I edit each "complete" episode a couple of times before I upload/release it because I like to read it back and see if it sounds right.

:)

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:05 am

The second part of the weekend round-up has been published! Daily episodes will begin tomorrow and there's a new little feature of the series that will begin tomorrow too, so keep tuned for that!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 am

Really enjoying this series so far. I want Kirsty to go though.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Anton » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:59 am

I'm really liking this series Lance. It's amazing to know that this is your first Sim Brother show. I still don't really on who I want to be evicted yet.
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Thank you! It's my first full attempt, yep haha. Been a long time coming. Tonight's episode will be on later!

Lance
Teenager

PreviousNext

Return to Fansite Showcase