SIMBROTHER.NET

Post your fansite advertisments here. Please read the rules first.

Re: 1 House, 8 Contestants, 1 Winner...

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:47 am

The first bit of the weekend round-up show is now uploaded! Catch it here!

http://www.simbrother.net/episode6

The rest will follow and don't forget to PM me your evictee of choice by tomorrow evening!
'"Stop dreaming", people who say that are blaspheming' - Mike Skinner.

Lance
Teenager

Re: 1 House, 8 Contestants, 1 Winner...

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:28 am

Right guys, the second part of the weekend round-up is on! http://www.simbrother.net/episode7 << you can watch it here! It's the eviction tonight :) And I know people have a bit of catching up to do so here's a summary of the latest episodes released to make it a little easier for anyone catching up:

Wednesday 5th Sept - Live Show and Day 6: Someone gets evicted, is it one of the moles or one of the non-moles, find out here! Also have they passed the first shopping task? http://www.simbrother.net/episode4

Thursday 6th Sept - Day 7: Tensions keep on rising after the live show and the task conclusion, how far will things go? http://www.simbrother.net/episode5

Sunday 9th Sept - Day 8: Part one of the weekend round-up... http://www.simbrother.net/episode6

Sunday 9th Sept - Day 9 & 10: Part two of the weekend round-up... http://www.simbrother.net/episode7

Hope that helps! Now I'm off to bed :P

Lance
Teenager

Re: SIMBROTHER.NET

Postby Lance » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Left the eviction until tonight to make more time for voting, as it was all a bit hit and rush. So that's two episodes!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Not sure if anyone's still watching haha but I've going to be uploading Monday's eviction and the Tuesday highlights tonight. Then tonight's highlights tomorrow lunch and then the final will be live at around 8pm tomorrow night!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Okay, you have spoken and evicted your first housemate - see that here! http://www.simbrother.net/episode8 I've re-thought the schedule over the next few days as follows:

- I will upload yesterday's highlights tomorrow lunchtime
- I will then upload tonight's highlights (which includes a live stream of a big twist) tomorrow night
- I will then upload the finale on Friday night, I'm not adding another day into the series, just delaying the final a day so it has its own day and makes it more of an event as I want some build-up to it and it also gives more time for winners votes.

The odd one or two delays here and there have impacted the series somewhat for me and probably you guys, it's made it hard to generate exciting buildup for the bigger shows. But I've learnt a lot writing this series, i hope people haven't become bored by the series. At least stick with it until the final, there's just a couple of days left. At the end of the series I'll ask everyone for feedback on what they liked and disliked and if I ever make a series in future (I have this domain name for a year), then I will take a lot of lessons and constructive criticism forward.

Thank you!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:49 am

Day 4:

Pretty good episode. Again, there's not really much that interested me and pulled me in but it was still a good episode. I'm liking Sue as she has a few funny one-liners and Kirsty may be annoying with her dislike with Professor Greem, but she IS right, he is a mole? I was a bit shocked that he and Daesung told one another. Bit of a risky thing to do!

Day 5:

Another good episode although I don't think you can call that disagreement between Sue and Kirsty a major row. :P But I'm liking them both as they're keeping things interesting in the house.

Day 6:

I'm loving Kirsty because she's being entertaining. It would be really boring without her. I don't know why Paula gave her a hard time over evicting Professor Green? She did what she had to do and in the process she saved herself, so well done to her. I have a feeling she's the next evictee though which would suck.

Day 7:

Paula and Sue are seriously cringey trying to get to see Stephen naked. He's Stephen Fry, for crying out loud. Respect him! :P I loved Kirsty celebrating at the end.

Day 8:

Sue and Paula's dislike of Kirsty is getting very boring. Going off them.

Kirsty: Are you kidding me? I will do that one thing, purely because I’m rather not sit in a room with a freak who sits in her pyjamas all day and a snotty-faced cow like you!

LOL.

Day 9 & 10:

Sue's argument with Kirsty just made her look like the bad one. I hope she goes but I just know Kirsty will which will suck. I'd like Kirsty and Stephen for the top two.

The task is really good and it's more interesting than the last one. :)

Day 11:

Eurgh, what a crap result. What idiots voted for Kirsty!? Seriously, she was the only housemate making things interesting. I suppose it doesn't matter as there's only three days left to go.

If I could give any advice for future series', it would be to make the length a bit longer, have more housemates and not have the housemates be real life celebrities as it just puts me off slightly.
Sam
Elder

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 am

Thanks, Sam, I appreciate the breakdowns! Kirsty was evicted with a considerably large percentage haha, which is unfortunate, from an entertainment perspective.

Re: your recommendations. All three are things I will be doing if a future series makes an appearance. It will be a longer series, there will be more housemates for sure and I would use civilian housemates - I pretty much decided that halfway through for a few reasons. But I'm happy with what I chose for this mini-fun series, I just know it's not viable for a serious, lengthier series.

Thanks again!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Anton » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Alleluia the devil is gone! :D Daesung for the win now. Also I'd love a future series of this, it's been a pretty good season for someone who just started! :)
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks Anton! Polls for the winner will open later too! :)

I've had a bit of thought regarding the future of this but I'm not going to say anything yet, there's still this series to complete.
Last edited by Lance on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Okay, I've got the polls working. You can now vote for your WINNER here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WBX3PHM ahead of tomorrow's final!

Lance
Teenager

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Are they not nominating at all, Lance? Are there no more evictions?

I've voted for Stephen. I don't really like Paula or Sue, Dave's a bit dull and I haven't warmed to Daesung for some reason.
Sam
Elder

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Sam wrote:Are they not nominating at all, Lance? Are there no more evictions?

I've voted for Stephen. I don't really like Paula or Sue, Dave's a bit dull and I haven't warmed to Daesung for some reason.

I had something planned but purely because of the way it's ended up being scheduled it's impossible, I'd extend the series but I move to University on Sunday so I won't have the time (that's the only reason why I chose a short length in the first place). So that's a no to both unfortunately but the things I had planned that haven't ended up in the series can always be implemented in a longer series further down the line. And they'll probably work better with a longer series with more housemates. :)

Thanks for your vote.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Well guys, terrible news. Last week my Blackberry died and to add to my woes, my PC died over the weekend. I had a virus that crashed it and I could keep putting it off by system restoring. Anyhow, it happened again, I managed to get the virus this time, and delete it (or so I thought), but it crashed once more. I restarted the PC to find that the virus had wiped my drivers for the wireless internet receiver and the keyboard. I managed to reinstalled for the internet receiver but not the keyboard and before I could sort the keyboard... it crashed again, this time when the PC started it kept trying to do a disk check, which always crashes halfway through and the only way to skip it is by using the keyboard, well of course the keyboard wouldn't work. It wouldn't boot to safe mode, last known or anything so I was basically snookered to the BIOS which also eventually crashed. Tried the HDD in other PC's, done everything but it still won't work. So I'm in the process of re-formatting whilst typing this from a PC running Windows XP -.- slow as hell.

This means I've lost everything unfortunately. My music, films, books, magazines and of course - Sim Brother. Needless to say I'm devastated and moving to Uni tomorrow, this isn't helping. Therefore with huge regret I cannot produce a final, I will announce who the winner is later when I can access the results.

I did have some announcements to make regarding the future of the series but I will postpone them for now. I sincerely apologise and I'm thankful for all the viewing you guys have done and your continued comments, it's been appreciated.

I'll get back to you.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:17 pm

That's a bit shame, Lance. Disappointed it couldn't get wrapped up properly but it obviously can't be helped.
Sam
Elder

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:12 pm

It can't be helped, no, unfortunately. I could technically rebuild the house etc but I'm moving to University, it's freshers and I'll be getting to know my flatmates etc so I simply won't have time to do everything. I'm pretty gutted about it all because I put a lot of effort into the series, often staying up until 4am to shoot and prepare episodes and plan stuff.

Again, I'm sorry.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Okay, if anyone wants to know, the winner was...

DAESUNG!

Again, massive apologies. I'm thankful for everyone's response to the show, pre-series and during. So, so annoyed that it couldn't be wrapped up properly. I had a wrap party episode planned, as well as some kind of press conference shot in TS3 with further news going forward for the series - however, I need to reinstall the game again etc and it's freshers, so it's not ideal.

How would everyone like more series of Sim Brother from me? I was going to put out a mini survey to the regular viewers to get feedback and constructive critisisms, would you be interested in doing one?

Depending on the response I get back to these q's depends whether I'll release the news, that I had planned, about going forward with my SB.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Anton » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 am

Yay I'm so glad Daesung won! :) He was absolutely awesome. You should definitely do another series but it could be a bit longer than this one!
Anton
Young Adult

Previous

Return to Fansite Showcase