Sim Brother 2014

Post your fansite advertisments here. Please read the rules first.

Sim Brother 2014

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:59 am

I'm running my own series of Sim Brother. I know I've failed in the past but I'm 100% committed to this, I've even bought the domain name http://www.simbrother.co.uk.

The series launches 5th September. It's shaking it up a bit because it also incorporates the Secret Story franchise. I don't expect glowing feedback from this corner of the world but I've had quite a bit of positive feedback on other sites so I'm going ahead with it.

Feel free to gloat if it fails, but I'd love for you guys to watch it and give me any feedback, positive or negative. :P
Last edited by Tom on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Teenager

Re: You're not gonna like this but...

Postby Sam » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Why wouldn't we like it? You're entitled to do whatever you wanna do! :lol:

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the house. It looks a little unattractive in places, but that's just me. It doesn't matter anyway, the housemates are the most important thing.

Good luck with it, Tom. I'll check it out and let you know what I think.
Sam
Elder

Postby MelKaya » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Omg Tom noo how could you sob sob you traitor aaaaaahhh

hehe good luck with the series :D
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks guys! I'm hoping it'll be a little bit more grown up these days. :lol:
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:27 am

Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:20 pm

Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Sim Brother 2014 has kicked off! Catch the launch night with Davina at http://www.simbrother.co.uk!
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Great launch, Tom! I was really impressed. Sorry, but I wasn't expecting much! :P No offence! I'm still not a lover of the house but it doesn't matter, the housemates are a great selection. I really like the secrets twist as well, it makes things interesting right away.

Normally with a lot of Sim Brother's the housemates are very boring and one-dimensional, but I actually think you've done a brilliant job! They seem like a fantastic bunch.

My secret guesses/rankings (based on first impressions):

CHIKE (Had a heart transplant)
SORCHA (One of the top ten cheerleaders in the world)
SOPHIE (Child of a murderer)
GARETH (Survived a plane crash)
HUGO (Voted most attractive person in their country)
LINDA (Former page 3 model)

ALEX / ADAM (two separate people)
AMY (In a coma for two months)
CALLUM (Member of MENSA)

I've probably done awful!

Chike's my favourite. She looks like a right laugh. I like pretty much everybody else. I'm worried it might be hard to tell the difference between Alex and Adam when the task is over. They're gonna need two very distinct personalities to stand out. Amy and Callum look like they might be annoying, but it's early days.

I was very impressed by the production/videos and the effort that clearly went into this as well. I'l definitely be tuning in.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Sam wrote:Great launch, Tom! I was really impressed. Sorry, but I wasn't expecting much! :P No offence! I'm still not a lover of the house but it doesn't matter, the housemates are a great selection. I really like the secrets twist as well, it makes things interesting right away.

Normally with a lot of Sim Brother's the housemates are very boring and one-dimensional, but I actually think you've done a brilliant job! They seem like a fantastic bunch.

My secret guesses/rankings (based on first impressions):

CHIKE (Had a heart transplant)
SORCHA (One of the top ten cheerleaders in the world)
SOPHIE (Child of a murderer)
GARETH (Survived a plane crash)
HUGO (Voted most attractive person in their country)
LINDA (Former page 3 model)

ALEX / ADAM (two separate people)
AMY (In a coma for two months)
CALLUM (Member of MENSA)

I've probably done awful!

Chike's my favourite. She looks like a right laugh. I like pretty much everybody else. I'm worried it might be hard to tell the difference between Alex and Adam when the task is over. They're gonna need two very distinct personalities to stand out. Amy and Callum look like they might be annoying, but it's early days.

I was very impressed by the production/videos and the effort that clearly went into this as well. I'l definitely be tuning in.

Thank you so much! I'm so flattered that someone so talented as you has been so complimentary!

I'll let you in on a secret, it won't be that hard to tell the difference between Adam and Alex by next Friday, if you catch my drift. :P

Chike is one of my favourites too, but thus far, from a writer's point of view, Amy is a lot of fun. I can see Callum either being genuinely amusing or the "bubbly (boring)" in the way Vanessa BB6 kind of was. I only know so far so the rest is quite literally still unwritten!

Thanks again!
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Talented? Oh, thanks, Tom! That's kind! I'll definitely be tuning in now. :P
Sam
Elder

Re: Sim Brother 2014

Postby Tom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:30 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/highlights-show-1.html

Housemates rumble their first secret of the series.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Great first highlights show! Being forced to guess a secret so early on has definitely showed a lot of true colours. Everybody but Amy/Sophie seem nice. Those two are gonna be right bitches, aren't they? :lol: Callum looks annoying too.

I've got one secret right so far! Yippee!

Looking forward to more, Tom! :)
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Sam wrote:Great first highlights show! Being forced to guess a secret so early on has definitely showed a lot of true colours. Everybody but Amy/Sophie seem nice. Those two are gonna be right bitches, aren't they? :lol: Callum looks annoying too.

I've got one secret right so far! Yippee!

Looking forward to more, Tom! :)

Thank you! Wait and see with Amy and Sophie, particularly Sophie...

Anyway, I've just checked the stats and Highlights Show 1 has beaten Launch Night in the ratings! :lol:
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:10 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/highlights-show-2.html

The housemates are tasked to create minute long documentaries about themselves. Meanwhile, Gareth breaks a rule.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/highlights-show-3.html

The housemates take part in a quiz to win Chinese takeaway, and we witness our first kiss of the series, diving the house...
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:32 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/highlights-show-4.html

The housemates are split into teams and play penalty shootouts. Gossip about Linda is spread.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:36 am

Been enjoying the series, Tom, but there's an awful lot of drama already haha! :lol: I don't like how Sim Brother gave Gareth a task to sabotage Linda, that seemed very unfair on a biased level. It just seemed random that she was automatically picked. If that was real BB they'd be complaints! :P

The house looks really dark most of the time. Do the lights not turn on? Lol.

Rankings:

SORCHA
CHIKE
ALEX
LINDA

HUGO
GARETH
AMY

CALLUM
SOPHIE
ADAM

Sorcha seems like a really nice girl. She's my favourite so far but I also like Chike, Alex and Linda too. Hugo was one of my favourites until the truth or dare thing. Game or not, it's disrespectful to his fictional girlfriend! :P Gareth seems like an OK guy. Need to see him give an opinion a bit more. Amy's a bitch, but she seems to be funny with it sometimes. Callum's annoying, as is Sophie who is just unlikeable. Adam's an idiot. He's trying to 'spice' things up but it's really spiteful in some ways. I hope the housemates have to choose between him and Alex, and I hope they evict him.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks Sam! First things first, I get what you mean about the lights, this was all filmed a few weeks ago and I've realised they were off looking back!

We have the exact same favourites, with one exception - Sophie! I try not to be biased but I really like Sophie, and I think at some point she'll probably realise the error of her ways in regards to how she acts when she's around Amy.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Gareth, when I was writing him before the series aired I envisioned him as really popular and friendly - maybe not enough to win, but to go far. Having heard the viewers' feedback, though, a lot of people find him really unlikeable, sharing Amy and Sophie's view that he's a "crybaby" and I'm interested to see how the game plays out if he's voted out early - whether you find him significant or not, he has links to lots of the other housemates and it'll be interesting to see how the whole dynamic may be affected.

As for Adam v Alex, there's a live show tonight, and, spoiler alert, housemates will be told they'll be choosing between Adam and Alex on Friday.

Thanks for your feedback! :)
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/live-show-1.html

We go live to the house as the "Stuart" task draws to a conclusion, plus highlights from the last 24 hours.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:15 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/highlights-show-5.html

The Olympic task draws to a close as the housemates make a splash. Adam and Alex's secret is rumbled.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 pm

http://www.simbrother.co.uk/eviction-show-1.html

We head over live to the house as Alex and Adam's fate is decided by their fellow housemates. Plus yesterday's highlights.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:28 pm

SIGH. That's all I can say about that result.

Rankings:

CHIKE
SORCHA
HUGO

LINDA
ADAM
GARETH

CALLUM
AMY
SOPHIE

So disappointed with Linda and Gareth! What sheep! I expected it from Callum, who is such a bore.

Really looking forward to seeing the new housemate!
Sam
Elder

Next

Return to Fansite Showcase