Big Brother UK - General Chat - No Spoilers

For discussion of Big Brother series around the globe.

Re: Big Brother UK - General Chat - No Spoilers

Postby Sam » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:41 pm

She didn't exactly come across amazing, but I'm happy for Sarah. I would've preferred Amelia by the end, but Sarah was the most entertaining at the end of the day. I certainly don't understand why so many people are furious. She's not exactly Helen or Bear territory, is she!? In fact, she's no where near it. She definitely has a lot of issues she needs to confront and deal with, but hopefully this gives her a morale boost and more confidence. She's not been nasty to anyone, the boyfriend thing aside, but her fragility and insecurity is obviously a major issue for her so hopefully this helps and she doesn't spiral out of control.

Also, this may be my favourite year winners wise. Coleen, Isabelle, and Sarah were all great and all deserving. All females, too! Pretty cool!
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:08 pm

I've liked Sarah since 2002. The last 2-3 weeks haven't been the best for her, but she hasn't behaved anywhere near badly enough to turn me against her. Similarly for Amelia. I really liked her on X Factor, liked her afterwards. So in that regard, I really love that Amelia and Sarah were the final 2 with Sarah winning.

The amount of people claiming fix is ridiculous, and stupid. She clearly won it off the back of the Girls Aloud fanbase. She went in there as one of the most famous and successful celebrities with a big pre-existing fanbase. It's the same reason celebrities like Katie Price, Ulrika Jonsson and Coleen Nolan have won their respective series.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Jack » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:19 am

Trisha put up an "exposé" video basically saying it was rigged. Apparently she gloated a lot to other housemates that she had contractual things like access to her team via the diary room on a daily basis and she got picking her bed, and apparently she was contracted to the final. Perez Hilton said too after his series they typically contract the bigger names into the finale to keep the series going, apparently it was the same with Katie Price which is how he knows, but I don't know.

I don't believe it was rigged. As said above, she won based off a huge fan following she's gathered up in the past 15 years she's been famous. She was arguably the biggest name in there the whole time. I do think a certain aspect of what Trisha says is true though. I imagine C5 producers are a lot less strict on them maybe getting a call from their manager every few days or whatever. Especially the bigger celebrities. It's really nothing anyone can suss them out for, we'll never truly know.
Jack
Adult

Postby Sam » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:23 am

Why would anybody bother fixing it for her to win!? Makes no sense whatsoever. They were probably just relieved she didn't walk halfway through.

And I wouldn't call Trisha and Perez reliable sources. In fact, I wouldn't trust them to make me a cup of tea let alone tell me insider info about the show. I do believe the producers are very lenient on outside contact and stuff now, which is a massive farce, but it's not new for C5. They let Rylan attend rehearsals for The X-Factor tour, ffs.

What does "contracted to the final" even mean!? That's not how it works. Perez was easily the biggest name in his series, aside from maybe Katie Price (as it's a UK show), and he didn't even make the bloody final? Evander Holyfield was the first one out in his series!? Jenna Jameson and Janice Dickinson were evicted over Bobby Davro and Austin Armacost, the latter of whom most people had never even heard of before the series started! And Heidi & Spencer lost to Bianca Gascoigne earlier this year and she only seemed to say about four sentences the entire time she was in there! If the viewers don't vote for people, they go. It's as simple as that. And you damn well know the producers were probably annoyed at all of those results. I call BS on that one, unless I've misunderstood what contracted to the final means? If it means they contract it so they don't get a penny if they walk, that didn't work out for the likes of Ray J, did it?
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Perez Hilton and Trisha Paytas are from the Donald Trump School of Dramatics though.

One of the bosses at ITV2 said they've turned down the idea of a winter themed Love Island because they don't want to "over egg the pudding". It's a shame C5 didn't take that approach to BB. If - and it's a big if - the contract is renewed then they really need to ditch summer CBB. A 4 week January CBB and 10 week summer BB works best.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Stewart wrote:Perez Hilton and Trisha Paytas are from the Donald Trump School of Dramatics though.

One of the bosses at ITV2 said they've turned down the idea of a winter themed Love Island because they don't want to "over egg the pudding". It's a shame C5 didn't take that approach to BB. If - and it's a big if - the contract is renewed then they really need to ditch summer CBB. A 4 week January CBB and 10 week summer BB works best.

Is that an alternative fact? :D

And yeah. Heard about that. Nice to see the producers of Love Island have sense. C5 should scrap the celebrity summer series and with the money they save they could have a celeb series in January that would perhaps last a week or two longer, with a much stronger line-up. After the regular series I always have a massive sense of Big Brother fatigue by the time the summer celebrity edition rolls around.
Sam
Elder

Postby Joel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Celebrity Big Brother proved that it isn't rocket science... if you get a good selection of housemates, drama and relationships will naturally unfold. A good mixture of ages, backgrounds and opinions is all you need for a good series. Sure, the most recent series wasn't a classic or one of my favourites, but I made it from start to finish, which is more than canbe said for the carcrash that was BB18.

In an ideal world, 2018 would be a 4 week Celebrity series in January followed by a 10 week civilian series. 12-14 housemates, and late arrivals only if someone walks or is ejected. 22 housemates for an 8 week series was just ridiculous this year. No backdoor evictions!! I'd much rather they had a couple of "Evicted on the Side" episodes, where the housemate is evicted Live on Bit on the Side rather than being evicted via the Task Room/ Diary Room.

Tell us what the rules are ahead of the game. I don't care if you only need one nomination to face eviction or if you need 200 nominations - just tell us ahead of the series so that it is fair game, and then stick to it unless there is a pre-announced twist. Make it fair game.

When I'm watching Civilian Big Brother, I don't need Gemma Collins or Nikki Graeme or anyone else for that matter turning up and taking the focus away. We get such limited footage of the housemates as it is, why do we need other people making it even harder for us to get to know the housemates by getting their air time?

Also, somebody please take the microphone away from Marcus Bentley. I absolutely die when I hear his voice. Stick to the narration, but "ROCK THE HOUSE" "SHOCK THE HOUSE" ROCK THE HOUSE TO IT'S CORE" "SHOCK THE HOUSEMATES LIKE NEVER BEFORE" and "YOU ARE THE WINNERRRRRRRR" make me cringe so bad... remember when Big Brother used to be subtle?

Fix the above and you might have a show I'd be interested in watching, but if not, I'll just be sticking to the Celeb version (if there are housemates that I want to watch) from here on in.
SimTV Forum-Member for over 10 years
Joel
Child

Postby Stewart » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Agree with everything Joel said above!

I'd love to see a return to this type of Marcus voiceover, with the awful musical montages ditched as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUdC-0ww6sY

Love this: http://virtualhouse.bigbrother.com

Wish they had one for each house design. I laughed at Rylan posing in the garden. :lol:
Stewart
Adult

Postby Jack » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:08 am

CBS are finally doing an American Celebrity Big Brother. I know we're not all BBUS fans here, but celebrities taking part in Big Brother under the competitive US style could be very interesting.
Jack
Adult

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 pm

I'll probably check it out.
Sam
Elder

Postby Jack » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 pm

CBS also generally can get a decent cast for Dancing With the Stars and it's on it's 25th season. So they have access to good stars, and since this is their first season I imagine they'll go all out with a great cast.
Jack
Adult

Previous

Return to Big Brother