Rank The...

For discussion of Big Brother series around the globe.

Re: Rank The...

Postby Sam » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:21 am

CHANELLE
RAPH
ELLIE
LOTAN
DEBORAH
HANNAH
IMRAN

JOE
REBECCA
KIERAN

KAYLEIGH
TOM

ARTHUR
SUKHVINDER

Well, my preconceived opinions on launch have turned on their head. Chanelle my favourite and Sukhvinder my least favourite!? The fuck!?
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:28 am

Ranking the CBBs.

CBB13 - A classic.
CBB4 - A classic.
CBB9 - A classic.
CBB3 - A classic.
CBB17 - Tiffany and Gemma are iconic housemates.
CBB10
CBB19 - Kim Woodburn single handedly saved this series.
CBB15
CBB16
CBB14
CBB12
CBB7
CBB6
CBB1
CBB5
CBB11
CBB2 - Mindnumbingly boring.
CBB8 - Mindnumbingly boring.
CBB18 - Stephen Bear was to CBB what Helen Wood was to BB15. Made for an unbearable series (no pun intended).

With the exception of CBB3 and CBB4, a lot of the C4 series of CBB were so dull, especially CBB2. And when the show returned after the race row, the celebs were so scared to do anything. They all just sat around waiting to be evicted. A lot of the summer series of CBB have been enjoyable enough but not quite amazing (CBB12, 14 and 16), whereas the January series are almost always fantastic.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:04 pm

I'd pretty much agree with that ranking, Stew! My top three are identical to yours.

I disagree about Kim Woodburn "saving" CBB19 though. She certainly made it more interesting, but I was very much enjoying it even before she went in. If anything, it became too much about her by the end.

And Gemma and Tiffany really are amazing. I've lost count of the amount of times I've watched their best bit videos on YouTube.

"YOU DON'T GET IT, I'M CASTROPHOBIC!"

They need to put the two of them into another series again in the future, with the likes of Kim and Renee and Luisa and Michelle Visage joining them. OH, IMAGINE IT. A house full of some of the best CBB divas. Don't even put any guys in. Just a house with 12 or so tough, no-nonsense, hysterical women who are off their nut. :P
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Amanda
Rachel
Maggie
Courtney
Malika
Shayne

Jess
Ashley
John
Andrew
Ginuwine
Jonny
Wayne

Ann
Daniel

India

I need to see more of the guys before I make up my mind properly about them. India needs to go ASAP. She'll start to suck the life out of the house, and I'm fed up of her playing the victim.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:04 pm

AMANDA
MALIKA
RACHEL
MAGGIE
SHANE
COURTNEY
ASHLEY
JOHN

ANN
JESS
WAYNE
GINUWINE
ANDREW
JONNY

DANIEL
INDIA

Pretty much the same as yours, Stew! I could not disagree with Ann more when it comes to politics but she's gonna be a great housemate.

Amanda's amazing and India's attempt to try and vilify her was pathetic. I really wanted to like India but she's being insufferable and I don't think she's going to change. The whole thing about asking the guys if they'd sleep with a trans woman and her reaction after was absurd. If someone had turned to her and said "I wouldn't sleep with you because your trans!" I could understand her being hurt, but SHE ASKED THE FUCKING QUESTION. And I don't think there was anything wrong with the responses from people either. If I'm honest, I wouldn't want to date a guy who used to be a woman. Could I get to know someone in that situation and develop feelings and fall in love? Sure. But probably not. And that's just a preference. Doesn't make anyone transphobic and it's totally wrong for India to make out that she's being victimised. Her cries of "I - AM - A - WOMAN!" had me cringing so bad. She's been treated with nothing but respect from everyone. Yes, she was called a "he" numerous times, and I get why that would piss her off, but it was by the older housemates and it wasn't intentional. It can be quite a difficult thing for the older generation to try and get their heads around and there was no malice in it.
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 am

I don't like Ann's politics and I'm not overly keen on her as a person, but I do love her as a housemate and I'd be quite happy for her to stay until the final and even come top 3. I was conflicted as to where to put her in my rankings. I ranked her based on my opinion of her as a person, but she should probably be higher if I based it on my opinion of her as a BB housemate. I do get the feeling she could walk though, but I hope not.

India is just a caricature of a trans person. She's always bringing the topic up and always making it known she's trans. The way she constantly gets her boobs out at any opportunity, the way she was wearing a dress on the male launch night that had "WOMEN" written all over it. Calm the fuck down. I get the feeling she hasn't quite accepted herself yet as a woman, which is why when there are comments she doesn't want to hear about transgenderism she gets so upset and feels victimised. Malika said the other night she wouldn't be upset if a guy said he didn't want to date black women (although she'd have every right to kick up a fuss), and Shane/Courtney was able to have a civil conversation with Anne on gay marriage. He knows Anne is against it but you don't see him running off and causing drama about it. India's an incredibly frustrating housemate, and I don't think the CBB environment is the right one for her.

Rachel has been the biggest surprise for me. I hadn't heard of her before CBB, but when I heard she was the sister of Boris I just expected her to be a female version of him. That she is not. She's intelligent, reasoned, fun and insightful.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Stewart » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Courtney
Malika
Rachel
Amanda
Maggie
Ann
Shayne

John
Andrew
Wayne
Jess
Ginuwine
Ashley
Jonny

Daniel
India
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 am

COURTNEY
AMANDA

RACHEL
ANDREW
MALIKA
MAGGIE
ANN
JOHN
SHAYNE

WAYNE
JESS
ASHLEY
GINUWINE

JONNY
DANIEL
INDIA

Quite a likeable bunch, India aside. I adore Shayne/Courtney. Amanda's amazing too. I loved her passive aggressive dig to India about playing the victim and then her little nervous laugh after LOL. Rachel's surprised me as well, as has Andrew. I'm really liking both of them so far. Ann's clearly struggled with a lot of what's been going on but I think she's handled it great and she's really got stuck in and mingled with everybody whilst still being herself. She deserves credit for that. Daniel's not done anything wrong, but he's far too much of a "lad" for me. And he's about as funny as a puppy being set on fire. Jonny's not done anything either. He's just boring. I don't dislike Ashley or Ginuwine but I really can't be arsed to watch them get close. I do think they probably like one another and everything, but it's boring.

As much as I dislike India, part of me wants her to stay as she's gonna really end up causing massive chaos eventually as people are really struggling to bite their tongues. She's going though. No question. Vote to save might as well be vote to evict when there's only two people up.
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:01 pm

Shane J/Courtney
Malika

Shayne L
Jess

Ashley
Wayne
Amanda

Ann

Courtney winning would be the only good outcome come Friday. Malika is alright. Shane L and Jess are... just there. Background characters. Ashely's showmance with Ginuwine was one of the most tedious things I've ever watched on BB ever. I liked Wayne and Amanda a lot up until tonight. Massive, massive disappointments. Ann is repugnant.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:56 pm

COURTNEY / SHANE J
MALIKA
WAYNE

ASHLEY
JESS

AMANDA
ANN
SHANE L

Agreed. Courtney's my favourite CBB housemate since Tiffany and probably among my all-time favourites.

Ann was tolerable for a while and she's been a good housemate but I've just about had it with her disrespectful, holier-than-thou bullshit attitude. Calling Hillary Clinton a crook a little while back had me enraged. I'm sick to death of people slating her and Ann is in no position to comment on any other politician. Hateful, backward, spiteful old cow.

I was really sad Andrew couldn't make the final. Yes, he took things slightly too far (by his language, not by his argument which was totally valid). He was by far one of the best housemates of the series.

I like Malika. But she's been more reserved than what I thought/hoped she would be. Jess is a total fake. Ashley is nice enough, but boring. Mind you, Shane L is easily one of the dullest housemates of all time. And I'm gonna have to cancel my subscription to the Amanda Barrie fanclub. :cry: So disappointing. I adored her before. I still have a soft spot for Wayne.
Sam
Elder

Previous

Return to Big Brother