Big Brother UK - General Chat - No Spoilers

For discussion of Big Brother series around the globe.

Re: Big Brother UK - General Chat - No Spoilers

Postby Stewart » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:47 pm

I can't believe this is only the 2nd normal C5 BB series I've watched through to the end, and I've managed to watch every show too. I made it to the end of BB14 but I only watched most, not all of it. I've actually really adored this series and it's reminded me of how much I love this show. I actually feel really sad about it ending.

I know there was the wobble a couple of weeks ago with Isabella's eviction and the positive nominations, but even the best series on C4 were absolutely rife with producer manipulation. BB7 in particular. Overall, this series has been head and shoulders above any other series on C5. The tasks alone were fantastic. The outcome tomorrow won't change much of my opinion of the series, even if Zoe or Cameron win. I'm not sure where it stands but I think there's a good chance its in my top 5 or at least very close to it.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Very good series and easily C5's best in terms of production and less interference... but if I'm honest. I think I enjoyed BB14 more. In a few years I'll look back and see how this series stands. It's been brilliant regardless.

Happy for Cameron. I was ASTONISHED that Cian only managed fourth. I suppose Ireland can't vote so that held him back, but I honestly thought he would have been the runner-up at the very least.

I've looked at Lewis F's Twitter and wow. He hasn't said a thing about Cameron winning. Nothing. Yet he's retweeting idiots who are up his arse and saying he's the best housemate of all time and the "true winner." Completely sums him up. And the moronic idiots who are besotted with him look pathetic. What an awful human being. So glad he was thrown out. Him winning would've ruined tonight for me.
Sam
Elder

Postby Sam » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:06 am

And my favourite ever Channel 5 moment's are...

Also, there's no avaliable gif or pic, but Hardeep walking in during the whole Roxanne debacle and asking if everyone was up for shepherd's pie for dinner had me in hysterics. :lol:
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 pm

The one thing that BB19 was lacking for me was a stronger female cast. It was a very likeable cast overall, but the males definitely dominated this year. I don't think it's very often you can say the male characters dominated, there's normally always a few deadwood male characters that float to the finale. Not this year. I don't think there's a single male housemate you could have removed this year without there being a noticeable effect. The females were likeable and a good bunch but it was definitely missing that 1 or 2 bigger characters, an iconic female that could stand up against the likes of Nadia/Aisleyne/Gina/Deana/Makosi/Grace/Hazel etc.

It's sad to see the series ending, a shame to see it go out on a whimper too. Channel 5 just gave the show zero support this year. The finale should have been 2 hours long minimum and there should have been a couple of retrospective shows on too this week. It was definitely a bit emotional seeing how upset Emma and Rylan were on finale night. I have a weird feeling about it ending. It's 100% the right time given how terrible the ratings are and how little coverage/press/publicity there is for the show. CBB still rated well and was talked about but the normal show has just bombed the last couple of years. It'll be strange not having BB/CBB on throughout the year. As much as I'd given up on the C5 series (I'd make a complete guess and say I probably watched about 20-30% of C5's CBB/BB output), it was still nice knowing that it was there, and that a good series could be churned out now and then. But also, I can look at a picture or video from any past series and pinpoint exactly where I was in my life at that time. This show has been a regular part of my life since 2000. It's crazy. There's no other show on TV I've spent nearly as much time obsessing over or watching. No show on TV could ever get me as excited as the launch of a new summer series (more so the C4 series than C5). Even just seeing pictures of a new BB house were exciting. There was something about BB that was just that bit special, and I can't quite put it into words. The way it sort of connected with its audience in a manner that no other TV show did.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Stewart » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Sad to see the old Elstree house begin to get taken down, but I'm also glad as well. I hope the old house gets totally flattened, because if/when the show comes back I'd be happy to see a brand new house in a brand new location.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... cancelled/
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:01 am

It's sad, but I think it's all for the best. Big Brother will return in some capacity but in order for it to do well when it does, it needs a break. I'd go as far as to say it might be beneficial for it to stay off-air for at least four or five years. It's been on TV since 2000 and milked for every penny it could possibly make those arses at C5 since 2011 so it needs to take a step back for a while. And like you said, Stew, a brand new house in a brand new location would be excellent for when that time comes.

Imagine, for example, if Ultimate Big Brother had been it and it was recently just announced the show would be coming back. The hype would be big, for sure.
Sam
Elder

Previous

Return to Big Brother