Big Brother UK - General Chat - No Spoilers

For discussion of Big Brother series around the globe.

Big Brother UK - General Chat - No Spoilers

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:34 pm

Big Brother UK returns in May - anytime between 16th May and 31st May is my guess. Nobody really has any idea.

Facts so far:
- Russell Brand has quit BBBM.
- Dermot is presenting The X Factor 4 but will still host BBLB "from June"
- Davina is not pregnant and hosting evictions shows as usual
- The show will last less than 13 weeks

Rumours:
- Voting this year will be free
- A series swap with Australia (swapping housemates and host)

The rumours so far have been very poor. Not only are there hardly any but they've been poor in terms of content too.
Last edited by Stewart on Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Funky Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 pm

BB8 Spolier! Dought its real but here you go.

So, on various forums such as Digital Spy, This is Big Brother and the Official Channel 4 forums, bits of news have been circulating. Here’s a roundup of it all.

BB8 will start on Friday 18th May 2007 but is “still subject to change”. It will last 12 weeks and the prize fund will still stand at £100k.
14 housemates will enter on launch night, but there is talk of 15 and producers “are still undecided”.
The eye is vibrant pink and purple with “mellow blue background tones” again designed by Daniel Eatock. Oh, but what about the Target eye we all believed completely?
The theme is kaleidoscopic, something heavily seen in the opening titles.
The house is currently being updated and redesigned. It has a more “classy” feel, with a more glamorous edge and more muted tones in some areas.
It is different from the BB6/BB7 format of having bedroom to the left, kitchen to the back etc. Despite the classiness, it is still contemporary in design, and quite open plan as in previous years. And the diary room chair is “bright pink”.
Make of that what you will.

Meanwhile, the usual housemate list of names has appeared, and this is it:

Natasha - 24
Madge - 56
Joe - 33
Amelia - 20
Libby - 18
Dominic - 19
Justin - 26
Calvin - 46 Kevin - 30
Jasmine - 22
Sarah - 34
Donald - 67
Priya - 23
Avtar - 26
Emily - 19
Christian - 18

Make of that what you will. There are 16 names in that list, and that contradicts with the other “inside news”, but perhaps that is only an initial shortlist that still needs to be shortened to 14.

So what do you think of these rumours? Absolute tosh? More credible but still rubbish? Dare we say it, true?

http://bbuksite.net/article/bb534.html

There is alor of eyes flying around that could bthe BB8 eye such as a target eye, a mosaic eye. And colours that have been romoured to be in the eye are purple and blue, pink and blue, red or green.
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Voting this year will be free? Right thats not gonna happen, they'll lose alot of money and BT and other networks wont host it without paid will they? So I dought that will happen. A BBUS swap? Should be cool the one from BB4 was good (which was Africa) although Cameron was a boring housemate, it would be good to see again though! Whos gonna take over BBLB in May then? Maybe Kate Thorton? :) I'm gutted to see Russel Brand leave BBBM he made that show and made me laugh every show he done, its gonna be hard to replace him.
Sam
Elder

Postby Funky Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:45 pm

Not a BBUS swap a BBAUS Swap
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Funky Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:46 pm

And Apprently in the swap all of the housemates and Davina would be moving and the whole of the housemates in Aus and there presenter would be coming here!

I mean come on like thats gonna happen

And Sam "Maybe Kate Thorton?" No fifng way! How boring would that be, apprently Alan Carr is taking over BBBM
Last edited by Funky Sam on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:47 pm

Ah, Big Brother. Another distraction for my Summer exams. :|

Well, those rumours sound very interesting, and dare I say that I quite like them. I pray to God that this series is going to be different to the previous 3, and maybe - just maybe - could bring BB into a new era. I think it's a risk for producers not to!

(And I think Stew should be our official BB News Correspondent. :P)
Jason
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Funky Sam wrote:Not a BBUS swap a BBAUS Swap

Oh yeah thats what I meant I missed out the A lol. I shall edit it. Be the way I dought that rumour you said will happen!

The housemates are kept private and very private! Remember the rumours for the celebs going in CBB5? From the huge list only about two of them were mentioned!
Sam
Elder

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Funky Sam wrote:And Apprently in the swap all of the housemates and Davina would be moving and the whole of the housemates in Aus and there presenter would be coming here!

I mean come on like thats gonna happen

And Sam "Maybe Kate Thorton?" No fifng way! How boring would that be, apprently Alan Carr is taking over BBBM

Presenter swap would be good although noone can beat Davina! I said Kate Thorton as a joke Dermot takes her job and she takes his lol.
Sam
Elder

Postby Funky Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:51 pm

No not really, as on a bb fan site last year they gave a list of 12 housemates and those 12 were 12 of the bb7 ones. Theres always leaks.

And i don't belieive the thing i posted i just thought it was intresting
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:56 pm

It almost certainly won't start on a Friday due to low ratings. Probably won't start on a Wednesday because the 9pm-11pm schedule is full with Grand Designs and Desperate Housewives on until Wednesday 23rd May. My bet is either Thursday 24th May or Thursday 31st May.

Rumour has it evictions will be changed from Fridays due to low ratings but I wouldn't count on it. Friday night is BB night in the summer. It would be like taking the commentator away from football matches etc etc etc.

Free voting almost certainly won't happen - the phone operators charge about 10p per call so that will probably be the minumum charge. Believe it or not, Endemol/Channel 4 don't make that much from voting. In total, they made about £1m from BB7 which isn't much compared to how much they can get through adverts (they can charge up to £100,000 for a 30 second advert during a Friday night eviction show).

As for BBBM replacements, my money is going on either Iain Lee or Lauren Laverne. I'd like to see Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr do the show but as far as I'm aware JLC has turned it down, Alan Carr has a new chat show on in the summer and both are tied up with The Friday Night Project.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:58 pm

Funky Sam wrote:No not really, as on a bb fan site last year they gave a list of 12 housemates and those 12 were 12 of the bb7 ones. Theres always leaks.

And i don't belieive the thing i posted i just thought it was intresting

The News of the World have correctly named the housemates for 3 years in a row. They named the BB5, BB6 and BB7 housemates 2 weeks before the launch and even managed to provide pictures of the BB7 housemates.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Andrew » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Ok, so now anything the news of the world says, goes. :D

I dont think these are true. The rumours get worse and worse each year. We need proper rumours.
Andrew
Baby

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:14 pm

The News of the World and The Sun do appear to be the most reliable newspapers for BB news. They do print false rumours sometimes (e.g. the free voting was from the NOTW) but they do get a lot of things right.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:20 pm

I dont trust News Of The World because when I was in Gran Carnaria and BB5 was on it said Shell had been evicted when it was Stuart who had actually been evicted so I returned home to hear the person who i wanted to win was out lol I was a bit annoyed. It said "Shell a few hours before her eviction" I remember that bit maybe cause she was showering. :)
Sam
Elder

Postby Funky Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:22 pm

You remebered the shower bit then didnt you lol. I wish newspapers would stop doing stuff before the launch, giving names away and stuff, it ruins the whole aspect of the launch.
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Andrew » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 pm

If you want to know, you'll read them. If you don't, you don't. I personally think that them giving away the details is a good thing. But theres no guarantee that the rumors will be right.
Andrew
Baby

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Sam wrote:I dont trust News Of The World because when I was in Gran Carnaria and BB5 was on it said Shell had been evicted when it was Stuart who had actually been evicted so I returned home to hear the person who i wanted to win was out lol I was a bit annoyed. It said "Shell a few hours before her eviction" I remember that bit maybe cause she was showering. :)

It was the Daily Star that did that - there's a picture of the newspaper headline somewhere on the internet. I saw it a few days ago.

In fact, here it is.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Andrew » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Perhaps they just guessed that she would be evicted? I mean they cant wait up and write a story cause then the papers wouldn't make it to the shops in the morning on time.
Andrew
Baby

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:02 pm

Stewart wrote:
Sam wrote:I dont trust News Of The World because when I was in Gran Carnaria and BB5 was on it said Shell had been evicted when it was Stuart who had actually been evicted so I returned home to hear the person who i wanted to win was out lol I was a bit annoyed. It said "Shell a few hours before her eviction" I remember that bit maybe cause she was showering. :)

It was the Daily Star that did that - there's a picture of the newspaper headline somewhere on the internet. I saw it a few days ago.

In fact, here it is.

That doesent look the front page which did that. I swear it was News Of The World. :?
Sam
Elder

Postby Andrew » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:09 pm

Am i the only one who noticed the guy who wrote thats name? Peter Dyke lol. And i didn't know about that but i remember when someone posted a fictional bb eye they made on photoshop on digital spy forums and then the next day it was on the front page of the Daily Star.
Andrew
Baby

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:16 pm

Sam wrote:
Stewart wrote:

In fact, here it is.

That doesent look the front page which did that. I swear it was News Of The World. :?

It's the front page - they have a part saying "BB special: pages 4, 5, 6 and 7". That only appears on the front page of a newspaper. Here's the inside article about Shell. The text can't be read but you can make out stuff about a shower.

And Peter Dyke (the name on the newspaper) is a news reporter for the Daily Star. See here:

The Daily Star's long-serving Big Brother reporter, Peter Dyke, agrees.

The press discovered Imogen Thomas would be a contestant
"I've covered the show since it was first launched and I know when we've splashed on Big Brother exclusives it's been very good for sales," he says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4774433.stm
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:30 pm

Oh yep right it was the Daiy Star my fault! lol.
Sam
Elder

Postby Stewart » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Narinder (Big Brother 2 housemate) has written a book about Big Brother and it's being released on 24th May by Virgin (the company sponsoring Big Brother 8).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Brother-Ins ... 190526402X
Stewart
Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Wow a housemate from BB2 is still making money lol, Brian does as he has the game show "The Mint" on ITV Play apprantly the two are best of friends...
Sam
Elder

Postby David » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:01 am

Sam wrote:Wow a housemate from BB2 is still making money lol, Brian does as he has the game show "The Mint" on ITV Play apprantly the two are best of friends...

Those two are probably the only two (Jade Goodey was for a bit but after the whole racism thing I dont think she is anymore.) CBB was meant to be a publicity stunt for her ... backfired a bit
David

Next

Return to Big Brother