The Last Ones

Discuss about the shows on the SimTV Drama Channel.

Re: The Last Ones

Postby Sam » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Finally, a comment! :lol: Thanks, Rob! :D

Rob wrote:The Sean storyline was good. I felt for the guy. I didn't agree with him when he gatecrashed Annette's funeral, but I did agree with him (over Georgie) that it wasn't fair to him for Annette not to tell him she was dying. I didn't much like Henry in that last scene because he didn't bother to listen to Sean to find out he was apologising. It did feel a bit like everybody could have been more understanding about how Sean felt, and banishing him so quickly is maybe a bit much. The scenes with Jai were good. It was unexpected to see him hitting Sean and I liked his no-nonsense talk. It's a different side to Jai that we haven't seen before.

To be fair, gatecrashing a funeral is a terrible thing to do and it had really angered Henry and Shiloh, who were close to Annette. I don't think it's fair to say Henry was wrong as he said to Peter he'd be willing to give Sean another chance but I see why you think that. It just so happened Sean couldn't have picked a worst time to show his face and apologise. And Henry didn't realise he was there to apologise until after he and Shiloh said what they said. And after Sean's comment about Karen, well, he was never going to be welcome after that, was he?

Not that you're wrong! You're right that poor Sean definitely has a right to be angry. Annette should have told him. I think she might have done eventually, as I don't think she realised she was going to die in her sleep as she did. As with the case with most people who die from cancer, you tend to weaken dramatically and then go in and out of consciousness. That never happened for Annette, so she probably assumed she had more time than she had. As for Georgie, I think it's natural that she would side with Annette, as she feels people treat her differently because of her illness and so she could understand why Annette would want to avoid that.

Rob wrote:Zahra is vaguely fascinating, if not entirely likeable yet given her habit of wandering around scowling at people without speaking. I'm interested to know more about her. She looks pretty cool and I like that she uses her cane as a weapon. The opening scene was great and I was initially unsure if she was really there or not.

Ooh, I liked that you wondered if she was there or not. She was definitely like a ghost at the start, with the group not paying her much interest. Her saving Catelyn, and her baby, has given her a purpose she didn't have. Zahra's one of my favourite characters I've conjured up.

Rob wrote:Things at Victoria continue to be interesting. The potential future Alexis-Bernadette power struggle is an enticing thought. I can't help but think that if Bernadette did overthrow Alexis, she wouldn't be much better.

She'd probably be worse LOL.

Rob wrote:The storyline with Bobby and Charlotte being sentenced to death also has good potential. I found it a bit odd that Catelyn formed her opinion of Alexis as "power hungry" after less than a day and one conversation with her. Her remark after Alexis' committee announcement that maybe she'd been wrong about her felt a bit forced too, like a very literal example of what Alexis wanted people to think. Alexis being impressed at Lydia-Jean's vague semi-information was amusing. Also, was Alexis insinuating (in the Drew arrival scene) that she'd killed Vicky in front of other Victoria residents? That seems a bit reckless.

I think you're right. Power-hungry was probably the wrong term for Catelyn to use. I should have had her say that she felt the town was ran by her and her alone and she seemed to have a tight grip on the place but her creating a committee made her double-take and think otherwise.

I don't think Alexis was too impressed by Lydia-Jean's information, or lack thereof. In fact, I think she was disappointed and could tell Lydia-Jean might have been holding back, but she wants to keep her sweet.

And I see where you're coming from, but Alexis didn't confirm she killed Vicky to the entire town. She said it in front of her trusted guards, and she also said it in a way which didn't 100% confirm what happened. It's always been rumoured that Alexis had more to do with her death than what she said, Alexis's people could've just assumed Drew had heard those same rumours. Plus, I think Jenson and co, who were there on the night Vicky died, probably know the truth deep down anyway. They just don't care much.

Rob wrote:Georgie and Calvin's kissing scene was quite sweet, as was Angie and Shiro's scene. Shiro makes a good, non-stereotypical gay character. It seems like Shiro was rather getting to like Drew.

Thank you! :D

You've known all along that Shiro was gay as I told you very early on during season one but part of me wishes I didn't! I would've liked to have seen if you were surprised by it! :lol:

Rob wrote:Other things I liked: "Oh, Danny boy, Danny boy... the pipes, the pipes are calling..." "Well, that answers that"; the shot of Sean lying on the bar; the pub set generally (I know it featured before, but still); Sean's "Love you, too" to Jai; the zombie's head rolling into the shot after Drew decapitates it; "I have a bad feeling about this" "Pipe down, Yoda"; Drew greeting Bobby and Charlotte by asking who the fuck they are - always the charmer

Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much, Rob! :D
Sam
Elder

Postby Sam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:56 pm

MID-SEASON FINALE! :mrgreen:
Sam
Elder

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:27 pm

Great episode. Just what you want in a midseason finale; all the shit hitting the fan. :P

Sean will be missed. His death was well done and managed to be both sad and funny, which is exactly the kind of death you might imagine for him. The scenes leading up to his death were also well done, particularly Jai and Peter's conversation in which Jai put into perspective what Sean had undergone for Peter. I'm glad that they were able to reconcile before he died. I also liked Sean calling Jai the best friend he'd ever had and thought it was fitting that Jai was the one to kill him. I also enjoyed Sean burning down the pub in a callback to The Acorn, and Sean's joke that he's making a habit of doing this.

I liked that the show's various separated characters ended up converging on each other in this episode. Michael's speech was a highlight and it almost seemed like it was going to work before Lorna showed up and threw a massive zombie-horde spanner in the works. It'll be interesting to see whether or not the experience of fighting together bonds the two safe towns or the whole thing just makes them more suspicious of each other. I must admit part of me sides with Alexis because Henry technically started all this by ordering spies to watch Victoria. I've struggled a bit with Henry lately, both because of this and because of his dismissal of Sean in a moment of anger.

Other things I liked: the opening with Blaine's monologue over a series of shots of characters and places, seeming to foreshadow events to come; the overhead shot of Jai and Alexis walking away from each other either side of the wall; Alexis telling Jenson to kill Peter if necessary and then the next shot is Peter holding his daughter; Lorna and Luke's "What's the problem, ginger?" "My problem, baldy..."; Donna's "I could take out a small army on my own, let's be honest"; Sean calling Donna "grumpy"; Shiro reacting to Lorna by saying "Did you do something with your hair?"; Sean's entrance at Victoria, shooting dead Alvin and saying "I ain't got time for this shit"; Shiloh using the kids climbing frame as a safety/vantage point; how you did the blood in the water when Steph dies and falls in the pond; that even Donna was sad at Sean's death; Sean's "It's safe to say you owe me a pint".

Random observations: Sean sings a lot when drunk.

Question: Why did Donna, Georgie and Calvin raise their guns at Sean? Donna I'd expect, but the other two?
Rob
Toddler

Postby Sam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Rob wrote:Great episode. Just what you want in a midseason finale; all the shit hitting the fan. :P

Sean will be missed. His death was well done and managed to be both sad and funny, which is exactly the kind of death you might imagine for him. The scenes leading up to his death were also well done, particularly Jai and Peter's conversation in which Jai put into perspective what Sean had undergone for Peter. I'm glad that they were able to reconcile before he died. I also liked Sean calling Jai the best friend he'd ever had and thought it was fitting that Jai was the one to kill him. I also enjoyed Sean burning down the pub in a callback to The Acorn, and Sean's joke that he's making a habit of doing this.

Aw, thank you, Rob! I'm quite proud of how it all came together. I admit when writing/filming I was worried the death wasn't good enough, but when the text and images were both together and I read it through, I realised it worked.

Rob wrote:I liked that the show's various separated characters ended up converging on each other in this episode. Michael's speech was a highlight and it almost seemed like it was going to work before Lorna showed up and threw a massive zombie-horde spanner in the works. It'll be interesting to see whether or not the experience of fighting together bonds the two safe towns or the whole thing just makes them more suspicious of each other. I must admit part of me sides with Alexis because Henry technically started all this by ordering spies to watch Victoria. I've struggled a bit with Henry lately, both because of this and because of his dismissal of Sean in a moment of anger.

Interesting. It definitely does seem that Henry is more at fault for the tension between Victoria and Midway. You'll have to see how the rest of the zombie/Lorna invasion goes. It may seem to have calmed down once the gate was closed, but the drama is far from over.

I'm satisfied you're not 100% keen on Henry at the moment. You might have noticed by how he reacted at Sean's death that it's all starting to get on top of him a little bit. More of that will definitely be seen. Peter, Alexis, and Henry will all faces dilemmas about their leadership roles.

Rob wrote:Other things I liked: the opening with Blaine's monologue over a series of shots of characters and places, seeming to foreshadow events to come; the overhead shot of Jai and Alexis walking away from each other either side of the wall; Alexis telling Jenson to kill Peter if necessary and then the next shot is Peter holding his daughter; Lorna and Luke's "What's the problem, ginger?" "My problem, baldy..."; Donna's "I could take out a small army on my own, let's be honest"; Sean calling Donna "grumpy"; Shiro reacting to Lorna by saying "Did you do something with your hair?"; Sean's entrance at Victoria, shooting dead Alvin and saying "I ain't got time for this shit"; Shiloh using the kids climbing frame as a safety/vantage point; how you did the blood in the water when Steph dies and falls in the pond; that even Donna was sad at Sean's death; Sean's "It's safe to say you owe me a pint".

Haha! Thanks! I like how you notice smaller details and the amusin bits!

Rob wrote:Random observations: Sean sings a lot when drunk.

He did, you mean? :P Too soon?

Rob wrote:Question: Why did Donna, Georgie and Calvin raise their guns at Sean? Donna I'd expect, but the other two?

They didn't have their guns raised at Sean. They kept them raised in fear of a trap that Sean unwillingly could have been forced to have been a part of, which is why they asked him if he was alone and then lowered their weapons when they found out he was alone and that he set the fire.

As ever, thanks so much, Rob! Your comments, along with my love for the story and the characters, have been the only thing keeping my working away at this. Means a lot.
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:24 am

I haven't forgotten about this series Sam! I'm going to catch up starting tomorrow as I have some free time from work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Aw, thank you, Nathan! :D Hope you've not seen any spoilers!
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Finally caught up with Episode 7! Here are my thoughts…

I loved this episode, it wasn’t as action packed as the previous episodes we’ve seen so far, but it was fascinating all the same. Let’s start with the Javier’s backstory! Loved it so much; it was so tragic, but in a subtle way, it made me admire him as a character so much more. I’ve always liked him, but I’ve never had him on my radar as being that interesting. He’s instantly recognisable, obviously, but he wasn’t a favourite. He still isn’t, but the backstory fleshed him out so much more. I particularly loved the progress of his story at the present time, which coincided with what was revealed about his backstory. I’m looking forward to seeing more of him in the future.

Onto the stuff I ADORED! Lorna…her storyline is fantastic! I’m loving seeing this progress and seeing her mental capability right now. The scenes with Lydia-Jean was amazing and the perfect build-up to a storyline connected with TWO of the greatest characters to come out of this show. Lorna and Alexis! I’m so excited to see this develop now, if we get a Lorna VS Alexis showdown, I’ll die a happy man! It’s interesting with Lorna because she’s kinda playing the voice of temptation with Lydia-Jean. I can see Lydia becoming a full-blown badass thanks to Lorna; it’s not necessarily for the best, but we’ll see.

Also…WTF are Alexis and Michael up to?! The plot thickens.

I'm getting through these episodes daily at the moment and writing the comments out, so bare with me Sam :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:24 pm

Nathan wrote:Finally caught up with Episode 7! Here are my thoughts…

I loved this episode, it wasn’t as action packed as the previous episodes we’ve seen so far, but it was fascinating all the same. Let’s start with the Javier’s backstory! Loved it so much; it was so tragic, but in a subtle way, it made me admire him as a character so much more. I’ve always liked him, but I’ve never had him on my radar as being that interesting. He’s instantly recognisable, obviously, but he wasn’t a favourite. He still isn’t, but the backstory fleshed him out so much more. I particularly loved the progress of his story at the present time, which coincided with what was revealed about his backstory. I’m looking forward to seeing more of him in the future.

Yay! Thanks so much, Nathan!

I'm glad you liked it and I'm happy it made Javier stand out more for you as a character. He hadn't had much to do in season two so far, unlike the second half of the first season where he was quite prominent, so this episode was definitely needed. For Angie's character as well, who I felt needed some development, too.

I'm very pleased you liked his backstory! I was worried his reasons for wanting to leave camp and go off alone didn't make sense, and I think Rob was a bit confused by it, but it's good that you put his story via flashbacks and the present story together and it made sense for you! :)

Nathan wrote:Onto the stuff I ADORED! Lorna…her storyline is fantastic! I’m loving seeing this progress and seeing her mental capability right now. The scenes with Lydia-Jean was amazing and the perfect build-up to a storyline connected with TWO of the greatest characters to come out of this show. Lorna and Alexis! I’m so excited to see this develop now, if we get a Lorna VS Alexis showdown, I’ll die a happy man! It’s interesting with Lorna because she’s kinda playing the voice of temptation with Lydia-Jean. I can see Lydia becoming a full-blown badass thanks to Lorna; it’s not necessarily for the best, but we’ll see.

Thank you! :D The Lorna/Lydia-Jean scenes were some of my favourite to write in this episode! I'm very happy you liked it!

And a Lorna/Alexis show-down you want, hm? Keep reading. :P

Nathan wrote:Also…WTF are Alexis and Michael up to?! The plot thickens.

:wink:

Nathan wrote:I'm getting through these episodes daily at the moment and writing the comments out, so bare with me Sam :)

Thanks so much, Nathan! :mrgreen: Can't wait to hear what you think of episodes eight to ten as it really steps up a gear! :)
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 am

Episode 8:

Can this show get any better? Seriously, that episode was amazing as well! It's tough to say which is my favourite now. Anyway, let me start with:

I CAN'T believe Annette died! That was such a shock, when she made the cake at the start of the episode and we saw that last shot of her going into her tent, only to learn she passed later; that was heartbreaking! When I saw the scene when Sean collapsed to the floor I went back and watched her last moment and it's so tragic. Just when I thought we were going to get a legit genuine romance! Fantastically well played though, the timing and how you did it was perfect and made for a great set of scenes for this episode.

Now the main focus of this and one of the reasons why I loved it was because it was Alexis central! She's by far the best character on this show by a long mile! Seriously fantastic! She's got this massive power at Victoria and how she's building up with this devious plan that hasn't been revealed, you can see that her downfall is probably on the horizon. I really hope that her comeuppance is gripping and epic because I've been built up for this from Season 1 LOL! It's amazing when you get a good villain, you end up wanting to see how they'll get beat and that's how I feel about Alexis. Although I don't trust Michael in the slightest, but knowing Alexis, she'll be onto him. I'm enjoying the addition of Lydia-Jean too! As I said before; I really want to see these two go at it; it'll be fantastic!!

The storyline with Drew is great too! I couldn't stand him before, but when he stopped and asked Shiro if his sister suffered, it touched me a bit. He may be difficult, but that was a moment I really sympathised with him as a character, so I'm warming to him. I can't wait for the next one to see Drew arriving at Victoria!

Really enjoying this Sam! I'm sorry it's taking me so long to read it; it's been hectic, but I fucking love this show tbh!! I'll comment on Episode 9 ASAP :D :D
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Nathan wrote:Episode 8:

Can this show get any better? Seriously, that episode was amazing as well! It's tough to say which is my favourite now. Anyway, let me start with:

Wow! Thanks, Nathan! :)

Nathan wrote:I CAN'T believe Annette died! That was such a shock, when she made the cake at the start of the episode and we saw that last shot of her going into her tent, only to learn she passed later; that was heartbreaking! When I saw the scene when Sean collapsed to the floor I went back and watched her last moment and it's so tragic. Just when I thought we were going to get a legit genuine romance! Fantastically well played though, the timing and how you did it was perfect and made for a great set of scenes for this episode.

I'm glad you were surprised! If you was to go back and look, there are many hints that she was terminally ill from things not only she said, but her friends Rachel and Penny, too.

Nathan wrote:Now the main focus of this and one of the reasons why I loved it was because it was Alexis central! She's by far the best character on this show by a long mile! Seriously fantastic! She's got this massive power at Victoria and how she's building up with this devious plan that hasn't been revealed, you can see that her downfall is probably on the horizon. I really hope that her comeuppance is gripping and epic because I've been built up for this from Season 1 LOL! It's amazing when you get a good villain, you end up wanting to see how they'll get beat and that's how I feel about Alexis. Although I don't trust Michael in the slightest, but knowing Alexis, she'll be onto him. I'm enjoying the addition of Lydia-Jean too! As I said before; I really want to see these two go at it; it'll be fantastic!!

Thanks! :D I'm glad you like Alexis so much as a character! She's a lot of fun to write for. And things are most certainly going to come to a head with her and several characters this season.

Nathan wrote:The storyline with Drew is great too! I couldn't stand him before, but when he stopped and asked Shiro if his sister suffered, it touched me a bit. He may be difficult, but that was a moment I really sympathised with him as a character, so I'm warming to him. I can't wait for the next one to see Drew arriving at Victoria!

Really enjoying this Sam! I'm sorry it's taking me so long to read it; it's been hectic, but I fucking love this show tbh!! I'll comment on Episode 9 ASAP :D :D

Yay! I'm glad you're coming around to Drew. He's definitely going to grow and evolve as a character!

Cannot wait to hear what you think of the last two episodes, Nathe! :mrgreen:
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 am

Episode 9:

I enjoyed this episode for completely different reasons to the last episode; obviously Episode 8 was Alexis-central and this one was in some ways too, but I like how the tones of this episode covered quite a but in relation to loss with the Sean scenes. I'll get to that later, firstly...

The Zahra scenes were some of my favourite! She looks seriously amazing Sam, you've done a great job designing her character because I honestly fear her more than the un-dead. It's surprising to say that, but it's her entire presence on screen is fantastic and I feel like she's capable of so much more and that makes her very creepy and unpredictable. I hope she comes forward more from a story point of view. Also I loved the opening scene when we saw her walking along the other survivors, it was genius how you shot that, well done :D

Sean's storyline is tragic and I can totally understand why he's behaving the way he is, but at the same time, it's aggravating that he's accusing Annette of betraying him. I know it's grief and he seems to have it in a big way, but I'm waiting for that moment when it officially hits him and the grief turns completely on it's head. I love how you displayed this kind of grief through your writing as it's so easy to show someone upset with grief, but you'd be surprised at how many people go through this and start hating everything the person represents but at the same time, missing them so much that it hurts. I also feel like he's going to redeem himself for his bad behaviour before it's too late, but I could be wrong. We'll have to see :p

The Victoria storyline is reaching a really bubbling turning point - I can feel the build up to someone kicking off here within the complex, which I hope is where it's going this Season. Alexis' character seems so in control that I genuinely makes me wonder how much control she ACTUALLY HAS! I mean, she's so aware of Bernadette's desire to take over, even though she has shown no interest in directly speaking with her. This woman is beyond clever and I feel that if people are plotting against her, she will know about it and will probably stop it from happening.
I'm looking forward to Lydia letting Lorna in the complex, shit will kick off big time.

Sean: Doesn’t matter how fast you run… or for how long… it gets ya, Peter. Death gets ya.

I hope this isn't a bad omen for the future? I can see a few of them dying at the end of this season, I just have a feeling.

Overall, another great episode Sam! I can't wait to see Episode 10, although I hope you'll get a move on and start doing the next half of this Season soon as I already know you'll have a cliffhanger at the end of Episode 10, you bastard!! :p
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Nathan wrote:Episode 9:

I enjoyed this episode for completely different reasons to the last episode; obviously Episode 8 was Alexis-central and this one was in some ways too, but I like how the tones of this episode covered quite a but in relation to loss with the Sean scenes. I'll get to that later, firstly...

Thanks! :D

Nathan wrote:The Zahra scenes were some of my favourite! She looks seriously amazing Sam, you've done a great job designing her character because I honestly fear her more than the un-dead. It's surprising to say that, but it's her entire presence on screen is fantastic and I feel like she's capable of so much more and that makes her very creepy and unpredictable. I hope she comes forward more from a story point of view. Also I loved the opening scene when we saw her walking along the other survivors, it was genius how you shot that, well done :D

That's sweet of you to say! I'm glad you like the Zahra character. She's one of the coolest characters appearance-wise. She just popped into my head out of no where as I got round to writing episode nine. Love it when that happens.

Pay attention to her and Catelyn. They're in a way going to be a part of the arc the entire series will eventually take story-wise. :mrgreen: That's all I'll say.

Nathan wrote:Sean's storyline is tragic and I can totally understand why he's behaving the way he is, but at the same time, it's aggravating that he's accusing Annette of betraying him. I know it's grief and he seems to have it in a big way, but I'm waiting for that moment when it officially hits him and the grief turns completely on it's head. I love how you displayed this kind of grief through your writing as it's so easy to show someone upset with grief, but you'd be surprised at how many people go through this and start hating everything the person represents but at the same time, missing them so much that it hurts. I also feel like he's going to redeem himself for his bad behaviour before it's too late, but I could be wrong. We'll have to see :p

I think he has a right to be angry, as Annette should've told him she was ill at the very least, but he doesn't handle it well. You'll see how this ends up unfolding. :D

Nathan wrote:The Victoria storyline is reaching a really bubbling turning point - I can feel the build up to someone kicking off here within the complex, which I hope is where it's going this Season. Alexis' character seems so in control that I genuinely makes me wonder how much control she ACTUALLY HAS! I mean, she's so aware of Bernadette's desire to take over, even though she has shown no interest in directly speaking with her. This woman is beyond clever and I feel that if people are plotting against her, she will know about it and will probably stop it from happening.

Haha. She's certainly going to find her leadership challenged soon. Keep reading. :mrgreen:

Nathan wrote:I'm looking forward to Lydia letting Lorna in the complex, shit will kick off big time.

Lorna enters in episode ten. :D

Nathan wrote:
Sean: Doesn’t matter how fast you run… or for how long… it gets ya, Peter. Death gets ya.

I hope this isn't a bad omen for the future? I can see a few of them dying at the end of this season, I just have a feeling.

Most of the characters on the show will die. That's a fact.

Nathan wrote:Overall, another great episode Sam! I can't wait to see Episode 10, although I hope you'll get a move on and start doing the next half of this Season soon as I already know you'll have a cliffhanger at the end of Episode 10, you bastard!! :p

I've been a bit unmotivated due to lack of feedback and that, but I've been writing, I just haven't filmed much. Although episode eleven is mostly shot. But considering there's another ten episodes to go this season, I do have to get a shift on.

Thanks so much, Nathan! :mrgreen: So can't wait to hear what you think of the mid-season finale!
Sam
Elder

Postby Sam » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:41 am

Gonna get back into production of the second half over the next few days.

Here are the upcoming working titles for the remaining ten episodes of season two. They may change before release.

Episode Eleven - The Stand
Episode Twelve - Seconds Out
Episode Thirteen - Stranger at the Door
Episode Fourteen - The Supply Run
Episode Fifteen - No Democracy
Episode Sixteen - The Break-Out
Episode Seventeen - Four Birds, One Stone
Episode Eighteen - N/A
Episode Nineteen - The Calm Before...
Episode Twenty - ... The Storm

Not revealing the title of episode eighteen until it's released as it could potentially be spoiler-ish. :mrgreen:
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 am

Episode 10:

OMFG What an episode this was! This hands-down is my favourite episode of TLO to date; I know I keep saying this, but this one ranks way up there in my opinion. It was action-packed, emotional, and gripping all at the same time.

I'm absolutely devastated at the deaths in this episodes; particularly Steph and Sean! I had a feeling Sean's time was coming because he'd singled himself out from the group so much that it was only going to go one way for him. I was actually filling up (yeah, over a sims show) when all of the survivors were gathered around him and he was begging them to end it for him - it was so sad, these lot have come so far and to lose someone, even when that person has drove them crazy is like a big thing because they only have each other at the moment. Absolutely fantastic writing with this episode Sam, seriously, you should be really proud.

The whole Alexis saga is reaching a massive point in this episode and I genuinely (worry) feel that her days are numbered! I thought the way you built up the tension with the main survivors and Alexis' crew at Victoria meeting was absolutely fantastic! The debating and the back-biting kicked in and you could just tell that it was going to end in tears! Although I didn't think for one second that Lorna would have let the undead in, the crazy bitch. It's a tipping point for Lorna, because I think she's becoming very unforgivable, regardless of her state of mind, she's risked a lot of people's lives and caused a few deaths here; especially to her "friends" and family - I think it's going to be hard for her to come back now, I genuinely do.

I forgot to mention last time - brilliant twist Shiro being gay, I didn't expect it at all, but the characterisations were there very clear now that I think about it. Have you always had this planned? If so, your writing really is exceeding amazing because it's built up quite nicely and the way he's acted...like he's on some sort of hit-out constantly is perfect for someone who is hiding their sexuality. Not using a stereotype there, but you get what I mean? I'm also sensing that he's falling for Drew badly and I kinda hope Drew responds; but knowing that moody prick, he'll probably brush him off lol!

The photography is seriously amazing Sam; honestly, I had no idea you could do all this with TS3. The filming you've done is WAY beyond anything I've seen on this website. I love doing movies and making stories for sims, but if I'd have come up with these ideas that you have, presenting them on screen would have been a challenge - but you've done it perfectly and you should be really proud, seriously, I take my hat off to you.

Overall; absolutely amazing and the show goes from strength-to-strength. It's not running stale either, which is always a worry with zombie-related TV shows/movies. Once you've seen one, you feel like you've seen them all; but take it from someone who absolutely ADORES zombie movies...you're doing this right :)

Sam wrote:Gonna get back into production of the second half over the next few days.

Here are the upcoming working titles for the remaining ten episodes of season two. They may change before release.

Episode Eleven - The Stand
Episode Twelve - Seconds Out
Episode Thirteen - Stranger at the Door
Episode Fourteen - The Supply Run
Episode Fifteen - No Democracy
Episode Sixteen - The Break-Out
Episode Seventeen - Four Birds, One Stone
Episode Eighteen - N/A
Episode Nineteen - The Calm Before...
Episode Twenty - ... The Storm

Not revealing the title of episode eighteen until it's released as it could potentially be spoiler-ish. :mrgreen:

Can't wait for these! Keep us updated on here if you can with pictures and brief previews if you can Sam, I can't wait for the rest of Season 2 :D
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Nathan wrote:Episode 10:

OMFG What an episode this was! This hands-down is my favourite episode of TLO to date; I know I keep saying this, but this one ranks way up there in my opinion. It was action-packed, emotional, and gripping all at the same time.

Yay! Thanks, Nathan! :mrgreen:

Nathan wrote:I'm absolutely devastated at the deaths in this episodes; particularly Steph and Sean! I had a feeling Sean's time was coming because he'd singled himself out from the group so much that it was only going to go one way for him. I was actually filling up (yeah, over a sims show) when all of the survivors were gathered around him and he was begging them to end it for him - it was so sad, these lot have come so far and to lose someone, even when that person has drove them crazy is like a big thing because they only have each other at the moment. Absolutely fantastic writing with this episode Sam, seriously, you should be really proud.

I'm glad you're sad about the deaths... if that makes sense? It means you care! :D And I'm also happy you cared about Steph! She was a side character I was quite fond of, but I felt it was her time to go. Victoria needed to lose a friendly face in this 'attack' so her death was needed. I knew people wouldn't give much of a shit about Alvin and Monika and why would they? :lol:

Aw, thank you! I'm rather pleased with how his death scene went. Had it in my head for such a long time so trying to get it to work was a challenge but it's pretty much how I envisioned it.

Nathan wrote:The whole Alexis saga is reaching a massive point in this episode and I genuinely (worry) feel that her days are numbered! I thought the way you built up the tension with the main survivors and Alexis' crew at Victoria meeting was absolutely fantastic! The debating and the back-biting kicked in and you could just tell that it was going to end in tears! Although I didn't think for one second that Lorna would have let the undead in, the crazy bitch. It's a tipping point for Lorna, because I think she's becoming very unforgivable, regardless of her state of mind, she's risked a lot of people's lives and caused a few deaths here; especially to her "friends" and family - I think it's going to be hard for her to come back now, I genuinely do.

You should be worried for Alexis. Lorna's not done with her yet. :mrgreen:

As for Lorna, she is indeed entering dangerous territory and perhaps becoming nonredeemable. But here's the thing; she doesn't care. I can't write her a certain why and worry it might make people hate her. I've got to go with what I think she would do in this situation. Her thirst for blood and revenge is so strong. It could be her downfall possibly and she might never come back from it. You'll have to see.

Nathan wrote:I forgot to mention last time - brilliant twist Shiro being gay, I didn't expect it at all, but the characterisations were there very clear now that I think about it. Have you always had this planned? If so, your writing really is exceeding amazing because it's built up quite nicely and the way he's acted...like he's on some sort of hit-out constantly is perfect for someone who is hiding their sexuality. Not using a stereotype there, but you get what I mean? I'm also sensing that he's falling for Drew badly and I kinda hope Drew responds; but knowing that moody prick, he'll probably brush him off lol!

Whoo! :D Glad you liked it! And yes, I've known about Shiro's sexuality since the beginning. Rob will attest to this as I told him early in season one. :lol: And the odd thing is, it wasn't a decision I made. He's gay because he is. Not long after creating him I knew instantly he was gay. And thanks for that compliment! That's very kind!

He does seem to be falling for Drew, doesn't he? :P

Nathan wrote:The photography is seriously amazing Sam; honestly, I had no idea you could do all this with TS3. The filming you've done is WAY beyond anything I've seen on this website. I love doing movies and making stories for sims, but if I'd have come up with these ideas that you have, presenting them on screen would have been a challenge - but you've done it perfectly and you should be really proud, seriously, I take my hat off to you.

Again: thank you!

Nathan wrote:Overall; absolutely amazing and the show goes from strength-to-strength. It's not running stale either, which is always a worry with zombie-related TV shows/movies. Once you've seen one, you feel like you've seen them all; but take it from someone who absolutely ADORES zombie movies...you're doing this right :)

You babe!

Thanks SO much, Nathan! Means so much to me you're enjoying the series! I'm gonna get to work on the second half just for you. :D
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Any updates on future episodes Sam? :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Still working away on it. Like I told you on Twitter, my laptop packed in and I ended up losing the scripts for episodes twelve to fifteen, so that set me back massively and made me feel totally defeated and unmotivated for a while. I had the images to guide me for twelve and thirteen, but fourteen and fifteen were trickier as I had to try and write it all from memory, but I managed it. In fact, episode fifteen has probably benefited from it as I came up with an idea for an entirely new opening that helped pace the episode better. It's a shame overall though as I was moving full steam ahead on TLO. So, yeah, massively frustrating but only have myself to blame as I hadn't backed them up!

I am back to it now though and have been the past week or so. Episodes eleven to thirteen are completely done and I'm about one third through filming for fourteen and then I'll start on fifteen. I'm also juggling the picture taking with writing episode sixteen at the same time, so it's a bit of a challenge! :P

I'm hoping to get this done by mid-to-late July. Can't see it being done any sooner as technically I've only completed three out of the ten episodes to the second half of the season and I can't rush. But I'm getting there!
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 am

Keep going, man! I can't wait to see the rest of the season :D
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:36 pm

The Last Ones has returned! VIEW HERE!

If you want to leave a comment do so on that site. I haven't uploaded it on SimTV, because, well, there's just not much point anymore, is there? :(
Sam
Elder

Previous

Return to SimTV Drama