Pleasantview Town

Discuss about the shows on the SimTV Drama Channel.

Re: Upcoming Project

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Nathan wrote:I also did a zombie movie where they all died...but that's irrelevant haha :mrgreen:

Lmao. And Bob, Betty and Brandi are used in my show yet that's not seen as a problem. I'll be advertising this as a separate show and will let viewers know it's simply another version of the countless stories that could come from the already existing characters and storylines in the game.
Sam
Elder

Re: Upcoming Project

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 am

I'm gonna work on this over the weekend along with the third season of Bob&Betty once this SB's done and dusted, I'm very excited.

I spoke to Jon about this and at first he was hesitant but when I told him it's a completely different show and I'm going to use only my own storylines and the characters already in the game and then he was fine about it and said he was happy for me to do it!

Rich wrote:
Sam wrote:For instance characters like Peter and Sam Dreamer that Jon created won't exist.

So no incest cousin storyline? :(

I wouldn't mind the Pleasantview neighborhood getting another shot at a drama, as Jon's went sour after a few series. But please please keep it to the original characters in the game, Jon's lost the novelty once he introduced non-EA characters.

LOL. Sam Dreamer NEVER exists.

Thanks for your comment Rich! Every single one of the main characters are original characters in Pleasantview in the Sims 2 aside from Danielle Bachelor who's going to be the daughter of the late Michael Bachelor and niece of the missing Bella. She's gonna heat things up for the Goth's.
Sam
Elder

Re: Pleasantview Town

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:31 pm

That's just disturbing! :|
Nathan
Elder

Postby Luke » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah, quite disturbing it is. But these things leave us clueless but demanding for months... it may be the sign of something extraordinary :D
Luke
Toddler

Postby Sam » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:02 am

I have a very special announcement to make regarding this show as this will be the second show on SimTV where more than one person will be involved, the first being Bob&Betty which was originally written by Rob and myself. I was going to wait until I next speak to the person before deciding whether to announce this but I haven't spoken to them in like a week and I'm sure they won't mind!

I can announce that this show will also be written by Nathan! :mrgreen: I've always wanted to work with Nathan and we spoke in secret about doing an X-Factor/Idol type show but it just wouldn't have worked due to issues with music and we could get into trouble for using stuff in our shows without permission and all stuff like that so I thought he'd be PERFECT to work on this with me! :D

It also makes sense for us both to work on this as we both wanted a new drama to work on as Nathan decided to end Richer Than Rich and I called it a day on Crystal Town.

We will be working on this in January after we've finished off all the stuff we're currently doing so this will launch early in 2012! The series will be completely different to Jon's original Pleasantview show and different to say Sim Street and Crystal Town as this series will be focused on the male characters just as much as the females.

The main characters of the series that Nathan and I agreed upon are Mortimer, Cassandra, Don, Dina, Nina, Mary-Sue, Daniel, Skip, Brandi, Dustin, Jennifer, John, Lucy and an original character called Danielle Bachelor who will be Michael's teenage daughter and Cassandra's cousin. The other residents of Pleasantview being the supporting characters.

Anyway, I thought I'd announce this as it's exciting and I couldn't hold it in for much longer! :P I hope everybody will enjoy this when it arrives next year. That goes for you too, Magenta! I know you don't really get into dramas but I will be forcing you to watch! :P
Sam
Elder

Postby Magenta » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:22 pm

LOL! OK, I'll read it...bitch. :P
Magenta
Elder

Postby Nathan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:01 am

I'm excited about working with you on this Sam :D We both LOVE dramas & soaps and shit :D
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:45 am

It's going to be awesome! :D I can't wait to hear what the other five members of the forum think too! :P :lol:
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 pm

I think we should have some videos added to it too Sam; that way I can upload them to youtube and get some promotion :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:24 pm

By the way, this is still going ahead and I'm going to be working on this and Bob&Betty more when SB5 is finally out of the way. I'm definitely going a few months without doing ANYTHING regarding Sim Brother when I'm finished.

Me and Nathan have mapped out the basics of what's going to happen in the first two seasons and I'm so excited about it. I really think everyone is gonna take to it! It's going to be like Desperate Housewives in the sense of narration as it helps to open and close the story better but the females are not the leads. The male characters are just as central as the female ones.
Sam
Elder

Postby Anton » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 pm

This sounds so exciting! I'm really going to watch this! :D
Anton
Young Adult

Previous

Return to SimTV Drama