The Games Discussion Thread

Talk about the latest GTA, Pokemon and other games.

The Games Discussion Thread

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:41 pm

Got any consoles? Played any new games recently? Talk about it here.

I have a Wii - have done for about 9 months now. I've only had 2 games for it though: Zelda and Red Steel.

I'm so waiting for Metroid 3: Corruption to come out.

But the biggest game I'm waiting for is Super Smash Bro. Brawl. :mrgreen: :D
Jason
Adult

Postby Joelston » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:57 pm

I seriously don't play any games any more. The Sims now and again, but I cna't be arsed to be honest.
Joelston
Baby

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 pm

Yeah, the last time I would have played on the Wii would be July/August, just before I got stuck on Red Steel because I couldn't beat this guy in a sword fight (it's really hard and you get really tired when the fight drags on!).

I'm keeping my Wii just for Smash Bros and Metroid though - I might buy an Xbox 360 for over the summer holidays next year. My brother has one, but he doesn't let me play on it.
Jason
Adult

Postby Danny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:41 pm

I play on the wrestling games now and again for PlayStation 2. Waiting for the new one to come out. The consoles I have are:

PlayStation 2
GameBoy Advance
Nintendo DS
GameCube

I'm not interested in X-Box 360 really. But for games, I have lots of memories. Anyone remember the purple dragon named Spyro? :P
Danny
Teenager

Postby Andrew » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:34 am

I've got plenty of games. Mostly for PC cause i'm a PC gamer.

My favorite 2 games are the sims 2 (which i'm slowly getting more and more bored of) and half life 2 (which is just brilliant and everyone should at least give it a try. Its SO unique and well made).

And i'm wanting some games for christmas aswell.

Although its not completely relevant, i have a tshirt that says " - i pwn n00bs - " and another one which just arrived has a sheep on it with the sheep saying "LOL?!". I might post a picture of me in the first tshirt on here actually, its awesome.
Andrew
Baby

Postby paul » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:39 am

I play the Tomb Raider games now and again :D.
paul
Baby

Postby Jason » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 pm

A lot of my friends play on their Xbox 360's way too much - they're always talking about gaming, which I'm content with until the extent that they're talking in-depth about a load of games I've never played. It amazes me how they find time to work on getting decent grades at the end of the day...

Guitar Hero seems to be one of their favourites atm. I tried it at a mate's party a few weeks ago and I sucked at it. I was drunk when I was playing it though (but in the process of sobering up).
Jason
Adult

Postby Stacey145 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:29 pm

i got a nintendo ds for christmas played it all the time for a couple of weeks and then left it for a while and when it came to my BD i played it , then i hardly play it anymore, my bro got a game for it tho, Pokemon pearl, its atually a good game but he dont let me play it so i dont let him use my ds so no one wins, im stubborn looool
Stacey145
Toddler

Postby Danny » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:38 pm

Yeah it is a good game, I got one of those Pokemon games (dunno if it was pearl of diamond). It is a good game, I've got quite far (lol, I feel babyish because I play on Pokemon but it does keep you busy for a few hours :oops: :lol: .)
Danny
Teenager

Postby Jason » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:55 pm

I'll admit, I used to love playing on Pokemon games as a kid. The last one I bought was 4 years ago though, which I bought in Florida.

I went into GAME at lunch today, went over to the Wii games stand and noticed Metroid Prime 3: Corruption already out! Damn, lol - I thought it wasn't out 'til next month! :x I'll probably buy it at Christmas, or after my January exams.

I could order it off Play.com actually... That's an idea.
Jason
Adult

Re: The Gaming Thread

Postby Jason » Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Super Smash Bros. has been delayed AGAIN! :x That annoys me. It was originally meant to be released last September!

Has anyone tried the new Wii Fit? I'm really not sure what to think about it.
Jason
Adult

Postby MelKaya » Sat May 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Ah, video games! hehehe
I has a Playstation 2, a Playstation (never played since PS2 came into acquirement), Gameboy Advance (given by friend who got SP :P), and ye old Gameboy Colour.

I'm asking for the DS for my birthday, then I can get Pokemon Pearl/Diamond. I'm quite a fan of Pokemon xD but not too bad. I have the Blue, Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Fire Red, and Emerald versions.

As for Playstation, I have a few Final Fantasy games, I have 6, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12. 9 being my favouritest ^^
I also have all Playstation Spyro games in existence apart from the latest one (simply because I hate the new Spyro storyline)
I also have all Tomb Raider games, with Anniversary on PC (never played yet though, I got it free with the PC o.O)
aaaaaaaand the first three Harry Potter games, Crash Bandicoot 1, a few sports games my bro plays, and that's more or less it.

Oh yes. I also have Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Castaway on Playstation 2. :lol:
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Conor » Sat May 17, 2008 2:28 pm

I have a Playstation 2 (which surprisingly still works), an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I am getting a PS3 for my birthday as well lol. I like lots of different games and don't have a particular favourite. Don't really play my PS2 anymore and I am bored of the Nintendo Wii. I play my 360 most.
Conor
Toddler

Postby Jason » Sat May 17, 2008 2:32 pm

I played Wii Sports boxing on the Wii last night - it was so tiring after 4 matches! My skill level is around 500 points, and I managed to beat the first three Mii characters. But by the time the fourth came around, which was a girl ironically ( :roll: ), I was pretty knackered.

It's more tiring than it looks. Half of your punches don't even hit the opponent, so you're stood there just repeatedly punching the air to try and get a punch in.

Good fun though!

I might play Super Mario Galaxy later. I haven't played that in a while, and I haven't collected all of the gold stars. I've completed the game though, as beating Bowser on the final level. But I can still go back and collect the stars that I missed.
Jason
Adult

Postby Conor » Sat May 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Jason wrote:I played Wii Sports boxing on the Wii last night - it was so tiring after 4 matches! My skill level is around 500 points, and I managed to beat the first three Mii characters. But by the time the fourth came around, which was a girl ironically ( :roll: ), I was pretty knackered.

Totally agree Jason. The boxing is really tiresome.
Conor
Toddler

Postby Will » Sat May 17, 2008 7:22 pm

I feel like getting a cheap 360 for GTAIV, but over viewing my financial situation renders that difficult.

The only games I play are football and F1 related.
Will
Child

Postby MelKaya » Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 am

Jason wrote:I played Wii Sports boxing on the Wii last night - it was so tiring after 4 matches! My skill level is around 500 points, and I managed to beat the first three Mii characters. But by the time the fourth came around, which was a girl ironically ( :roll: ), I was pretty knackered.

Mufufu :lol:

I saw an advert for Wii fit, which might actually be better than going to the gym all the time xD but then I don't have a Wii...darn.
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Conor » Tue May 20, 2008 11:24 am

MelKaya wrote:

I saw an advert for Wii fit, which might actually be better than going to the gym all the time xD but then I don't have a Wii...darn.

Wii Fit is incredibly expensive. If you get a Wii, which is around £200 now, Wii Fit costs an extra £200 plus all the extras etc. which may build up to around £50. It's much cheaper going to the gym... :lol:
Conor
Toddler

Postby MelKaya » Tue May 20, 2008 8:03 pm

Conor wrote:
MelKaya wrote:

Wii Fit is incredibly expensive. If you get a Wii, which is around £200 now, Wii Fit costs an extra £200 plus all the extras etc. which may build up to around £50. It's much cheaper going to the gym... :lol:

Whooah, ok then, definately gym for me :mrgreen:
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Jason » Tue May 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Wii Fit is only £70 in most stores. I've seen it for £100 in a few places, namely Play.com.

A Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports is £180.
Jason
Adult

Postby Conor » Tue May 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Jason wrote:Wii Fit is only £70 in most stores. I've seen it for £100 in a few places, namely Play.com.

A Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports is £180.

Yeah it is, but now it is difficult to get a Wii (with Wii Sports) by itself. Nintendo are now deliberately selling them in bundles for £200 etc. But still, much cheaper to go the gym. :lol:
Conor
Toddler

Postby Jason » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:28 pm

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is out on Friday! I'll be going out to GAME or HMV to get my copy, that is if it isn't sold out before I get there!

Any fans of Command and Conquer? Looks like EA are bringing out a Red Alert 3. Here's a screenshot. Personally, I don't like the graphics.

I bought a game called Supreme Commander for £6 today. I only bought it because my friends said that it's developed from an old game called Total Annihilation, which I used to absolutely love!
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Brawl is fantastic. I love it. I probably have already exhausted it during the three days I have had it, but I'm yet to play it online and I'm not bored of the battles yet.

There's something overly satisfying about kicking a giant Pikachu in the head.

I've had a weird urge to play a Pokemon game on my Gameboy SP... But then I realised that I gave all my Gameboy games away, so I have nothing to play on it. :roll:
Jason
Adult

Postby Conor » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 am

My brother has a Nintendo Wii and has 'Pokemon Battle Revolution' on it.

It's really boring. All that happens is someone attacks you and you attack back until someone dies. But then again, isn't that what Pokemon is about? :lol:

Nevertheless, there was no need to make a game like that. It's ridiculously boring.
Conor
Toddler

Postby Thomas » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Conor wrote:My brother has a Nintendo Wii and has 'Pokemon Battle Revolution' on it.

It's really boring. All that happens is someone attacks you and you attack back until someone dies. But then again, isn't that what Pokemon is about? :lol:

Nevertheless, there was no need to make a game like that. It's ridiculously boring.

I used to be a Pokemon fan. I've just grown out of it now. That's why alot of us think things are boring and stupid now, then we realise we loved it years back.
Thomas
Young Adult

Next

Return to Gaming