The Games Discussion Thread

Talk about the latest GTA, Pokemon and other games.

Re: The Games Discussion Thread

Postby Jason » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 pm

See if you can get a special edition disk that has Ocarina of Time (plus other Zelda classics) on it. It was made for the Gamecube, but can obv be played on the Wii too.

I hear they're quite expensive to buy though...

For example:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Coll ... _500wt_983
Jason
Adult

Postby MelKaya » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:26 pm

That's not too bad :o Another idea is to find a ROM and a Gamecube emulator for my computer, mwahahah. It helped me through my TV/PS2-less first year XD
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Jason » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Tut tut. :P

Ocarina of Time was made over 12 years ago, so the graphics might make the game seem a little underwhelming considering its status as one of the best classics. Much of its greatness might be due to nostalgia, but the storyline and gameplay are still awesome if you take a genuine interest in the game.
Jason
Adult

Postby MelKaya » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Shhhh :P

yeah I really do want to play it D: I'll see if I can get hold of it, if not then I can wait until I afford a 3DS :) or the 2nd version of the 3DS whenever it inevitably comes out lol!
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Magenta » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Did anyone play any good psychological horror games recently? I've just finished Alice: Madness Returns and The Path and I'm looking for something new. Although Alice wasn't really a horror game, more of a psychological adventure and The Path was just pure mindf*ck... But both games were amazing. Especially Alice.
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

It's probably worth the download. You have to play the game in the dark and use headphones to get the real effect. Maybe watch a trailer first to get the idea of what it's about.
Jason
Adult

Postby Magenta » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:55 pm

I've heard of it but I haven't played it yet. I'll check it out. Thanks Jason! :)

EDIT - Just watched the trailer. It certainly looks interesting!
Magenta
Elder

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Anyone play computer games other than The Sims still? I've just bought the Guild Wars trilogy today in town after playing the free trial, dying to get into it. Also still can't get enough of Skyrim!
Lance
Teenager

Postby Magenta » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Of course! :mrgreen: I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with Skyrim. It's an excellent game with a great story, but after playing Oblivion for about five years I got bored of it pretty quickly. There's not a lot of difference if you ignore the killing dragons part. At least that's my opinion. :lol:
Magenta
Elder

Postby Sam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:40 pm

I don't play any computer games at all. The last one I played was probably Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, it's dated but I was so hooked when I started playing it a year or two ago. Haven't played it in about a year so I may have to give it another go soon. :lol: I still play console games. I love a bit of GTA and Red Dead Redemption.
Sam
Elder

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Magenta wrote:Of course! :mrgreen: I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with Skyrim. It's an excellent game with a great story, but after playing Oblivion for about five years I got bored of it pretty quickly. There's not a lot of difference if you ignore the killing dragons part. At least that's my opinion. :lol:

:o I don't think I'm as much of a dedicated Elder Scrolls fan as you seem though, I did play Oblivion but not to the extent of Skyrim. It's a fantastic series anyway! Do you play MMO's, Magenta?
Lance
Teenager

Postby Magenta » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Not really. I prefer single player RPG's like Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights. :mrgreen:
Magenta
Elder

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Magenta wrote:Not really. I prefer single player RPG's like Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights. :mrgreen:

Oh! I like Dragon Age games, really enjoyed them whenever I've played them. Kinda wish I'd bought Total War: Shogun today too.
Lance
Teenager

Postby Magenta » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Woo! Another DA fan on the forums! :D I have to ask you, what was your opinion about DA2? :lol: If you played it of course.

And I love strategy games like Total War! I've recently discovered a game called Crusader Kings 2 which is quite similar to the Total War series and it's amazing! If you like strategy games you should definitely check it out.
Magenta
Elder

Postby Lance » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Magenta wrote:Woo! Another DA fan on the forums! :D I have to ask you, what was your opinion about DA2? :lol: If you played it of course.

And I love strategy games like Total War! I've recently discovered a game called Crusader Kings 2 which is quite similar to the Total War series and it's amazing! If you like strategy games you should definitely check it out.

I preferred the first Dragon Age if I'm honest, what about you? They're both enjoyable though! I know Rome: Total War is one of my favourite ever games. Ooh I'll check it out, I saw that in the games shops I was in earlier today. Let me just look how much they're retailing at...

Oh, £20, not too bad. Will check out some trailers/let's plays now. This is proving a great distraction to my night of Guild Wars :P
Lance
Teenager

Postby Jason » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Yeah, played Zelda: Skyward Sword over Christmas and managed to complete it in February. It's the best Zelda game after Ocarina of Time, in my opinion.

I'm seriously looking forward to Bioshock Infinite when it comes out later this year. I'm a massive fan.

I bought Deus Ex 3 last year, but can't play it on my laptop because it runs too slowly. Shame. I'll have to wait until I buy a desktop with high specs.
Jason
Adult

Postby Jack » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:36 am

Not too excited for many 2012 releases. But when Tomb Raider comes out, I'll be locked in my room for days. :mrgreen:
Jack
Adult

Postby Lance » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 am

Jack wrote:Not too excited for many 2012 releases. But when Tomb Raider comes out, I'll be locked in my room for days. :mrgreen:

Didn't realise there was a new Tomb Raider coming! Nice one. GTA V should be out this year :P
Lance
Teenager

Postby Sam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 am

OMG. I so can't wait for GTA V. I'm gonna be pre-ordering that like a bitch when the time comes. :lol: :P
Sam
Elder

Postby Magenta » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:48 am

Lance wrote:I preferred the first Dragon Age if I'm honest, what about you? They're both enjoyable though! I know Rome: Total War is one of my favourite ever games. Ooh I'll check it out, I saw that in the games shops I was in earlier today. Let me just look how much they're retailing at...

Oh, £20, not too bad. Will check out some trailers/let's plays now. This is proving a great distraction to my night of Guild Wars :P

Same. Dragon Age 2 is a great game but it kinda felt rushed, unlike Dragon Age which was just perfect. And I hated how every fing cave looked the same! :x

The thing I love about Crusader Kings 2 is that's it's a dynasty simulator, so you're actually more focused on keeping your dynasty on the throne, avoiding assassination attempts and so on, than expanding your country or something like that. It's also a lot easier than most Paradox games which is great. :lol:
Magenta
Elder

Postby Magenta » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 am

Did anyone here play Mass Effect? I've watched the trailer for ME3 a few days ago and it looks amazing so I decided to give it a shot. Everyone's saying it's one of the best RPG games ever so I hope I won't be disappointed.
Magenta
Elder

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Magenta wrote:Did anyone here play Mass Effect? I've watched the trailer for ME3 a few days ago and it looks amazing so I decided to give it a shot. Everyone's saying it's one of the best RPG games ever so I hope I won't be disappointed.

What's it about, Mags? I need a new game to play.
Sam
Elder

Postby Magenta » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:06 pm

It's a sci-fi RPG. There are three parts and I've just started playing the first one and it's really good so far. Can't say much more without spoiling anything. :lol: Here's the trailer for the first part:

Magenta
Elder

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:07 pm

I'll definitely watch it in a bit. I'm catching up with The Voice, I missed it last night.
Sam
Elder

Postby Lance » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:28 pm

I played the ME3 demo and wasn't overly impressed but I've not played the first two either so that probably didn't help.
Lance
Teenager

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming