The Games Discussion Thread

Talk about the latest GTA, Pokemon and other games.

Re: The Games Discussion Thread

Postby Magenta » Sat May 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah. And I agree, the part until I had to make the decision was OK, but the rest... :| And I did get that part at the end and I liked it, but I want to know who are they, where are they, is that the same planet Joker crashed on? I need more answers! :lol: BioWare said they are making a DLC with a bigger epilogue so I hope it will clear some things up.

And I liked Cortez! I thought he was sweet! :mrgreen: Didn't romance him though.
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Sat May 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah but they aren't "rectifying" the ending unfortunately. Still, anyway, great game! One of my favourites.

For the most part I was entirely Paragon. I just can't not be good in games where you're presented with moral choices.. Same for Deus Ex and Fall Out 3/New Vegas. I only do the Renegade option when characters really piss me off. :lol:

EDIT: Just found out that Freddie Prinze, Jr. was the voice artist for James Vega! Ha, would never have known.
Jason
Adult

Postby Magenta » Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 am

I'm always good in RPG games. I know I'll regret it later if I'm not. And I knew James' voice sounded familiar! I had no idea it was Freddie Prinze though. :lol:

I always feel so empty after finishing such a long game like ME. I think I'll have to fill this emptiness by playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the hundredth time... :lol:
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Sun May 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Maybe Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? It's a bit samey after a while, but it's fairly good. It took me a few plays to get into it though, as you start out with no upgrades, only basic weapons and in need of racking up experience to level up and get better powers. You get credits after completing missions and can spend them in the "Store" to get medigel, equipment, weapons, characters, etc. but it's organised in a way that you have to buy a "pack" and it's completely random what you get in it. A bit like when you buy packs of Pokemon cards - you get a load of common cards and then sometimes a really good rare. But if you spend more credits to get a bigger pack, you get some of the rarer weapons (like when you buy those bumper packs of 60 Pokemon cards and get some good shit).

I got up to level 19 with a Drell from the Adept class. It was pretty good after a while. I only ever played on Bronze though. Anything else is just too hard.
Jason
Adult

Postby Magenta » Mon May 14, 2012 7:20 am

I might give it a shot then... And you can play as Drell?! :o
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Mon May 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah, but it took me a while to unlock it. I had to save credits to get the most expensive bonus pack at the store (Spectre pack?) and even then it was only by chance that I got a Drell character unlocked in the Adept class.

You can also play as Turian, Asari, Krogan, Salarian, Batarian, or Quarian, but of course you have to have the character unlocked to play. The interesting thing is that they each have different powers, so you get a different experience playing with each character.

You do have to play with each Class in order for that class to gain experience, but the good thing is that all characters in a particular Class gain experience points, so you can power-up each character in the same Class when you gain XP.

It might just be easier if you play it instead of my trying to explain it. :lol:
Jason
Adult

Postby Jason » Tue May 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Absolutely love these Machina videos on Mass Effect 3:

I cried with laughter watching that. The second and third videos are better too:
http://youtu.be/crgEIhI3y_o
http://youtu.be/pSawGT5bgdM
Jason
Adult

Postby Lance » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:31 pm

E3 is on at the moment. This has literally blown me away:

http://bcove.me/7kj4kah0

I don't think I've been more blown away by a game trailer since like when GTA 3 got announced. FUCK ME.
'"Stop dreaming", people who say that are blaspheming' - Mike Skinner.

Lance
Teenager

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 pm

The link isn't working for me atm. Which game is it?
Jason
Adult

Postby Lance » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Jason wrote:The link isn't working for me atm. Which game is it?

Oh, it does seem to be broken, sorry. It's called 'Watch Dogs'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Lance
Teenager

Postby Magenta » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Looks very interesting!

Currently I'm waiting for the new Civilization 5 expansion pack. It looks really good from the trailers. I was also thinking about playing BioShock but I don't have enough free time at the moment.
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Watch Dogs looks pretty amazing! I hope it comes out for PC.

Which Bioshock, Mags? The first one? I loved both of them. I'm excited for Bioshock Infinite to come out next year.
Jason
Adult

Postby Lance » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Jason wrote:Watch Dogs looks pretty amazing! I hope it comes out for PC.

Which Bioshock, Mags? The first one? I loved both of them. I'm excited for Bioshock Infinite to come out next year.

They were the PC graphics! :)

Lance
Teenager

Postby Sam » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:15 pm

I downloaded the legendary Crash Bandicoot 3 game for my PS3. I played it constantly as a kid and I'm just as hooked now. It's so much fun and the harder levels are as much as a challenge than any other modern game. It's a shame they tried to make the Crash series into something it wasn't. The first three games and the Crash Team Racing are amazing!
Sam
Elder

Postby Magenta » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Awww! Crash Team Racing is my childhood! :mrgreen:
Magenta
Elder

Postby Conor » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 am

Jason wrote:Watch Dogs looks pretty amazing! I hope it comes out for PC.

I too, was blown away with Watch Dogs, definitely stole the show at E3.
Conor
Toddler

Postby Magenta » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Anyone got any good RPG games? For PC of course. I'm tired of constantly playing Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Neverwinter Nights. :lol:
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Anyone played Borderlands 2 or Assassin's Creed 3? I've got free download vouchers to get the game from nVidia (comes with my graphics card), and just wondered which would be worth diving into first.

Also, anyone a fan of Skyrim by any chance?
Jason
Adult

Postby Magenta » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am

Assassin's Creed 3 is great but it might be a bit confusing if you haven't played AC 1 and 2. Never played Borderlands though but I've heard it's great too.

Jason wrote:Also, anyone a fan of Skyrim by any chance?

And of course. :P
Magenta
Elder

Postby Jason » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Would you recommend Skyrim to me, considering I haven't played previous Elder Scrolls games.

I haven't played AC1 or 2, so I might struggle a bit. I might buy them if they go on sale on Steam over Xmas.
Jason
Adult

Postby Magenta » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Definitely. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Skyrim I'd definitely recommend it, especially since you've never played an Elder Scrolls game. And don't get me wrong, Skyrim is amazing but it's quite similar to all the other ES games so I kinda got bored after a while. But like I said, since you've never played an ES game before you should like it.
Magenta
Elder

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:07 pm

F*cking Rockstar have delayed GTA V AGAIN. FFS.
Sam
Elder

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:57 pm

But it will only be a good thing in the long run.

That's what I keep telling myself about Bioshock Infinite. SO EXCITED FOR IT! :D

Also, Sim City 5 is coming out in March (delayed by a month). I think I might buy it, but perhaps after my exams. I really got into SC4, although I was terrible (TERRIBLE!) at it.
Jason
Adult

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 pm

They've delayed it so many times, though. It's bloody irritating.
Sam
Elder

Postby Conor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am

I'm so disappointed GTA V was delayed, but it was inevitable really, Rockstar are renowned for it with pretty much all of their games. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, but it's just annoying.

And yeah, Jason, I was looking at getting the new SimCity as well, looks good from what I've seen!
Conor
Toddler

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming