Simvivor: Guatemala - Discussion Thread!

Discuss about the shows on the SimTV Reality Channel.

Simvivor: Guatemala - Discussion Thread!

Postby Nathan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:39 am

(Yes, that is Debbie in Sims 3-form)

We're baaaaack!!

More info soon
Nathan
Elder

Re: Simvivor: Guatemala - Discussion Thread!

Postby Anton » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:42 am

Oh my god YES!!!!! :D :D I'm so happy Simvivor's back and Debbie looks so good in her Sims 3 form.
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Nathan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you Anton :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Wahoo! Really looking forward to this, Nathan! :)
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Thanks Sam :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Funky Sam » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Nice to see Simvivor back!! I feel you should try the actual Survivor format, but I doubt you will.
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Darrenv24 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:57 pm

Very excited for this!! It would be awesome if the actual Survivor format were to be used, but even so, I'm looking forward to the show. You're one of the best writers on SimTV, IMO. :)
Forum Sim Brother 2013: 6th place
Darrenv24
Toddler

Postby Nathan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks Funky :) The format will be similar but the game-playing aspect is staying away, except for the manipulative contestants that show up and there will be a few this year.

Thanks Darren that's a really nice thing to say :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Nathan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:49 pm

We're back!

It's time to log into your laptop and get comfortable in your desk chair as Simvivor is returning to SimTV for it's fourth outing. It's been 2 whole years since Simvivor last graced your computer screens with Simvivor: Celebrity & Now the time has come for it to make a return. The fourth season will be set at the Guatemala island, the place that is known for it's hot weather, the forging of the Mayan Empire and the last remaining ruins of the Mayan's cities. This year is going to be different from the previous series' of Simvivor. Gone is the luxury of the contestants being provided with a cozy beach setting for their stay. Gone are the privlidges of being provided with food left, right and centre. Gone is the contact with the producers, Debbie and even the talking camera. Instead, the contestants this year have no seats, no beds, no nothing; all they're provided with is a campfire. They have to catch their own food, they have to make their own comfort. No huts, no nothing. If they want beds, they have to find them themselves. There's no communication with anyone other than themselves, they have no little room with a chair to discuss their feelings, instead they have to do a daily journal that will be recorded by the contestants at the end of each day on the island.

The format is slightly different too, the contest is much more ferocious this year as the battle to be leader of the island returns from the first series in dramatic form. Although this series the leader won't just choose who faces the public vote (yes, the public vote is back), they have the option to control and edit who has been placed up for elimintion by the other contestants. The contestants are provided with an island store again, but this store can only be used by using coins, which can be won at the challenges, to buy essentials like a fishing rod, a knife to cut up the meat, or to purchase rice and even luxury's if they have enough coins. Debbie McClean returns to host the elimination shows.Eliminations themselves are different, instead of being visited by Debbie the contestants are told to gather at a Tribal council where they will await to hear Debbie's voice through a loud speaker from the studio where she will reveal who has been eliminated from the competition. The contestants voting to eliminate two contestants each week will return, however this will also take place at the Tribal Council.

What's more interesting about this series is that there are plenty of twists and turns that will shock and surprise not only the contestants but the audience too, we intend on keeping everyone on their toes to create the 'Did that just happen?' 'I don't trust that person any more' 'I think that person is on some sort of secret challenge'.

The show itself is going to be longer than ever before, lasting a total of 6 weeks. We've searched Sim City to find you the most outrageous and explosive contestants the show has ever seen, so we promise not to disappoint. The premiere will be announced in due course, so stay tuned and get ready for what we hope will be the greatest Season of Simvivor yet!
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Excellent! Looking forward to it, Nathan! :)
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Thanks Sam, glad you're excited for this :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Joel » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:59 pm

I've never followed Simvivor before but I am definitely on board for series 4 :)
SimTV Forum-Member for over 10 years
Joel
Child

Postby Nathan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:33 pm

Thank you Joel :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Ooh, I hadn't noticed this. I'll certainly check it out when it comes around. :)
Rob
Toddler

Postby Nathan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Cheers Rob, it's probably because the reality forum is all tucked out the way down the forum haha :lol:
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Pardon my French, but when is this gonna fucking air, god dammit!? :P
Sam
Elder

Postby Nathan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Soonish. I've started filming already so stay tuned :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Ollie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Soooo is this gonna happen anytime soon...? Xx
Ollie
Child

Postby Nathan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Yes! But I've ditched Sims 3 and I'm bringing this using Sims 4 :) Here's the low down...

Basically Sims 4's interactions and sims in general are fantastic, it will be a crime to not make the most of them right now and seen as my intention was to re-introduce Simvivor as a 'next generation' type series I think going with Sims 3 will be a little off, seen as Sims 4 is now out. The island lots and studios look fantastic and what's more...it's not slow at loading or anything and I no longer have to wait 15 minutes before sims actually act out the interactions. That being said, I'm using some exterior shots from TS3, so pictures of the ocean and the island itself will be done with Sims 3, but the actual campsite and the beach etc will be done with TS4, all will become clear but you'll have to wait and see :)

Some of the challenges will be limited, but other than that it's coming along fine :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Sam » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Glad to hear you're still around, Nathan! :) You vanished on us, but then again, pretty much everybody has! :lol:

Looking forward to this!
Sam
Elder

Postby jayf2k11 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Glad this is back, looking forward to it nathan
jayf2k11
Baby

Postby Nathan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks guys :)

Don't worry, if I'm innactive it's not because I've dramatically left haha. I'm probably too busy to get round to coming on haha :)
Nathan
Elder

Postby Ollie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:13 pm

YAYS I'm dead excited :D I've been soooo looking forward to this :D xx
Ollie
Child

Return to SimTV Reality