The House - Discussion Thread

Discuss about the shows on the SimTV Reality Channel.

Re: The House - Discussion Thread

Postby Sam » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:29 pm

What? Why!?

Give us some explanation at least, Abs.
Sam
Elder

Postby Absolute » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 pm

My computer decided to become the biggest asshole in the worst possible time. :evil:
Basically, I had to reinstall my windows and I could've sworn I had the house and the houseguests saved. However, it turned out I only had the houseguests saved but not thew house. And I can't magically make them live in some other house. :( I have it done until episode 9 but uploading those eps would be a waste since the rest of the season isn't done.

I'm not sure if I should delete the season all together now, or just leave it. But I might want to start to work on the House again with the new set of HouseGuests and a new House in a month or two if you guys want. Since I did enjoy the format and I think it got accepted pretty well. And I am so grateful for all the comments and support the show got even though it basically just begun.

If anyone is interested...
I can reveal that Ashton won POV in ep6. Once Ashton said to Noah he'll use it on Kris, Noah realised that they were working together and that Corina wasn't lying so he made a deal with Ashton. If he kept Kris on the block he'd vote to save him (Kris would get Jen's, Ashton's and his vote). However if he decided to save Kris with the veto, he'd nominate Jen and evict her. Jen, Kris and Ashton thought it was risky to trust Noah, but at least they had a chance this way. Kris and Jen made out in the hot tub and the next day Noah evicted Kris and said that he was lied to by people he thought were his friends (Ashton), and that this way he evicts a huge threat from the game. Kris only hugged Ashton and Jen on the way out. Evelyn won the HOH in episode 7 and in episode 8 she nominated Noah and Corina (since Ashton and Jen got in her head and said that Noah and Corina obviously made a deal and that's why Corina stayed even though she was the target from the start). They also told her that it would be safer if they evicted Noah who obviously doesn't care about his word since he went back on it with Kris and that she needs to be safe next week since she can't compete. If they evict Noah it's gonna be Ashton, Jen against Corina and Caleb and that way she has bigger chances (since Jen and Ashton have so far been better in comps than Corina and Caleb have been). Evelyn made a final three deal with them and they promised to be loyal to eachother from now on. Noah won the veto in episode nine and all hell broke loose since everyone started to fight. It was Corina and Noah VS Jen and Evelyn. Ashton fought but didn't get as personal as others did, and Caleb didn't fight at all, he just watched.

Yeah, this is what I have written so far and I can't say how mad I am at myself for having this retard of a computer. TBH I think you guys would have liked the season. :cry:

Why does this stuff keep happening to me?! Honestly, always in the worst possible time! :o :evil:
You can't run, you can't hide from me... I'm a killer. Killing for fun.
She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress, whoa...
Absolute
Child

Postby Sam » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 pm

It's a big shame, Abs! I was enjoying it.

Perhaps you should work on an ENTIRE series before you publish? That way there's no way it can go wrong. So for a new series you could work on it all beforehand and that way it will never be lost. It would work a lot better that way I think!

Evelyn was going to win though, right? :P
Sam
Elder

Postby Absolute » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Sam wrote:It's a big shame, Abs! I was enjoying it.

Perhaps you should work on an ENTIRE series before you publish? That way there's no way it can go wrong. So for a new series you could work on it all beforehand and that way it will never be lost. It would work a lot better that way I think!

Evelyn was going to win though, right? :P

I should've done it with this one too, that's right. There's basically no public vote until the finale anyway but I got so excited and did 5 eps in 5 days, and I mean, I was sure I could handle it. And I was handling it amazingly, I was still ahead and everything. But you can't count out things like this since they do happen. :cry:

EP 09 - Noah wins the veto; Caleb is the substitute nominee
EP 10 - Corina is evicted (votes - 2 (Ashton, Jen) :1 (Noah) to evict her over Caleb); Ashton wins HOH
EP 11 - Ashton nominates Caleb and Noah
EP 12 - Evelyn wins POV, doesn't use it
EP 13 - Noah is evicted (2:0 vote); Caleb wins HOH
EP 14 - Jen and Ashton are nominated
EP 15 - Evelyn wins the veto and is therefore the sole vote to evict, she evicts Ashton
EP 16 - Jen wins the first part of a 3-part HOH competition leaving Evelyn and Caleb to battle it out in the second part, Caleb wins the second part
EP 17 - Jen wins the final part of the HOH comp against Caleb and she takes Evelyn to the finals (therefore evicts Caleb), finalists talk with the Jury (Noah, Corina, Ashton and Caleb) and say why they should win
EP 18 - Noah votes for Evelyn to win ("he just never liked Jen as a person or a player"), Corina votes for Jen to win ("Evelyn betrayed her too much"), Ashton votes for Jen to win ("She was his teammate from the start") and Caleb votes for Jen to win ("She was the one who evicted him and he said he'd give his vote to that person")
JEN wins with EVELYN being the runner-up.

1 - Jen
2 - Evelyn

3 - Caleb
4 - Ashton
5 - Noah
6 - Corina
7 - Kris
8 - Keira

* all competition winners were decided on random
Absolute
Child

Postby Sam » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Boo! I didn't want any of Kris's gang to win. :cry:
Sam
Elder

Postby MelKaya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:49 am

Aww shame it hasn't worked out Abs :(
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby OmgheartSims3 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Badadadada, I'm loving it!
OmgheartSims3
Baby

Postby Sam » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

OmgheartSims3 wrote:Badadadada, I'm loving it!

What? :lol:
Sam
Elder

Postby MelKaya » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Lol do I heard you like McDonald's jingles :P XD
MelKaya
Teenager

Postby Funky Sam » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:21 pm

I hope you bring The House back at some point Abs as I thought what you had done was great! Jen winning was not so great, maybe she got better later into the game? haha
Funky Sam
Adult

Postby Absolute » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Funky Sam wrote:I hope you bring The House back at some point Abs as I thought what you had done was great! Jen winning was not so great, maybe she got better later into the game? haha

Thanks Funky! :mrgreen: I'm installing my sims 3 games now, but once I'm done I hope I have enough inspiration to start working on the House again too :D
Once I did these HouseGuests and finished the House I made almost half a season in one week. :lol:

Besides, I was blown away with all the feedback I got during these 5 eps. :o I can't say how much i appreciate it. :) One more reason for me to re-start the show! :D

The last few eps weren't written but I had few scenarios in my head. And since Sam asked who would win, I randomly chose the winners of the comps and then just gave a short review of how the season would most likely end. Though if I were writing it the winners of comps might have been different and who knows, maybe someone else would've won. Unfortunately, we'll never know. :|
Absolute
Child

Postby Sam » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I think the safest thing to do is shoot the whole thing beforehand as I said, mate.

Maybe a longer competition and more than eight house guests? It would be AWESOME if there was 10-12 people all fighting it out. There are ways to get more than eight sims in a house, ask Magenta! :lol:
Sam
Elder

Postby Absolute » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Sam wrote:I think the safest thing to do is shoot the whole thing beforehand as I said, mate.

Maybe a longer competition and more than eight house guests? It would be AWESOME if there was 10-12 people all fighting it out. There are ways to get more than eight sims in a house, ask Magenta! :lol:

Yeah, I'll definitely do that.

I want to start it out with 10 this time. Then maybe in later seasons add up to 12-13 (but that's the upper limit for me). I started the House before I even knew it was gonna be on SimTV (I actually tried to make it in a video format), but once I started recording the game started lagging (probably 'cause my settings are on highest possible :lol: ). Then I told Nathan I might start a website where I'll upload my BBUS show and he told me I should send him the pilot. Then he told me what things kinda remind of Big Brother in general too much and if I changed them I could upload it on SimTV as a new reality show. That's why no. of HouseGuests was 8 this time. :)

And I know how to add more than 8 :wink: Remember, you've asked me few months ago if there was a way to add more and I told you I've been doing it for a while now :wink: Besides, I had 9 in the House anyway (You forgot Danielle :P ). :D :D
Absolute
Child

Postby Sam » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Ahaha, I forgot about Danielle! :lol:

I'm really looking forward to the revamp! :mrgreen:
Sam
Elder

Postby Anton » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:12 am

Will there be another season of this?? I'm just wondering.
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:48 am

Probably not as Absolute had a strop and left. :lol:
Sam
Elder

Postby Anton » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:17 am

I kinda wanted another season but oh well what can you do.
Anton
Young Adult

Postby Sam » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:31 pm

The first one didn't even finish, mate! :lol:
Sam
Elder

Previous

Return to SimTV Reality