Lorraine & Laverne

Discuss about the shows on the SimTV Comedy Channel.

Re: Lorraine & Laverne

Postby Sam » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Right, how do I put this without blowing smoke up your arse? I think you have put together the greatest episode of any SimTV show ever. It's absolutely brilliant from start to finish. It's hysterically funny and I think it's the best quality of writing on the site which is no mean feat of course as there's a lot of great stuff up there! Comedy is hard yet you've pulled it off, especially with this episode.

I still crack up at this installment even though I've read it a fair few times. It's just great. This series is just brilliant.
Sam
Elder

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Wow, high praise indeed! Thanks very much, Sam! :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Loved it, the images flow so well and the episode itself was so funny! The building spelling out FUCKOFF was also great. :lol:
Tom
Teenager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks very much, Tom! :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 pm

No new episode this week, but episodes will resume next Sunday. In the meantime, feel free to catch up with the first four episodes before the final two air. :)
Rob
Toddler

Postby Stewart » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:04 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I can really imagine this series translating well to actual TV. Like, I could easily picture this being an actual sitcom on C4 or something.

The imagery is just fantastic, especially the shots of Lorraine and Laverne reacting to things. Their expressions are fantastic! The building spelling 'FUCK OFF' was a definite highlight, as were the rest of Lorraine's attempts at getting Laverne's attention. Lorraine dancing to Sir Mix-a-Lot, the jokes about Dumbledore and Shaft were great. Great writing overall. Comedy is so hard to get right, but you've really just nailed it here. The episodes do just flow really well.
Stewart
Adult

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Wow, thanks Stew! I really appreciate it. I'm glad you've enjoyed it so much. :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Rob
Toddler

Postby Sam » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:29 pm

You know what I think of this episode, Rob. Like the others, it's just brilliant. Lorraine gets funnier and funnier. There's never a joke that falls flat when she's involved.

My highlights of this episode have to be her blatant disregard to people's feelings, particularly towards Laverne and the girls at the fat club. Steve is also brilliant.

Sad there's just one episode left. And it's a sham this series isn't getting more comments. It's one of the best shows to ever grace SimTV. It's a pity people don't realise that by not leaving feedback, they're effectively killing the site. Nobody's gonna bother to make shows.

Oh well! This is just brilliant. You've done an exemplary job.
Sam
Elder

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. I admit that I've been disappointed by the lack of feedback for this series and I won't be doing any other shows after the sixth and final instalment of this one. At least, even if this series went a bit unnoticed, it proves that I'm capable now of far better than Sim Sketch, which I wrote when I was only young and tend to look back upon less fondly now.

Thank you once again for your lovely comment though, and for your support throughout this series. I genuinely really appreciate it. :)
Rob
Toddler

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 pm

I've really enjoyed this series and the lack of comments is a crying shame. I'd love to see another series, perhaps giving a bit more prominence to Laverne - she barely appeared in the fat club episode.
Tom
Teenager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm really glad you're enjoying the series. I have to admit, I always thought the pair had about as much screen time as each other. I tend to think Lorraine provides the bulk of the laughs, anyway, whereas Laverne is more of a foil. Still, I feel like Laverne has a fairly big part in the next episode, so see what you think!

Thanks very much for your comment and enthusiasm. :)
Rob
Toddler

Postby jayf2k11 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:58 pm

I havent really been into the forums much lately but i have been watching Lorraine and Laverne and i saying because it really is like a tv show, the comedy and the screen shots go together well and Bob newbie best move out the way because Lorraine is in the house, or church if you will :lol: , i do need to get involved in the forums agian more, its because my internet was down at the start of the summer so i didnt read the episodes properly, especially with Sim brother as i only started reading it when Ajax left. :).
jayf2k11
Baby

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Thanks very much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:54 pm

The final episode of the series will be up next Sunday. Hope you tune in! :)
Rob
Toddler

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:39 am

Rob
Toddler

Postby Sam » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Sorry I didn't comment sooner!

The episode, like the others, was just fantastic. It was interesting to see Lorraine finally face the consequences of her actions and who could blame Laverne for leaving? :lol: I'm glad they worked stuff out and continued living together though. Wouldn't feel right if they didn't.

My highlights of the episode was the reveal about Larissa's true intentions and Lorraine somehow setting fire to the kitchen whilst washing up. :P Oh, I'm going to miss her. It's a travesty this masterpiece of a show hasn't seen more comments/attention, but hey, SimTV's dying a death. :|

Anyway, I cannot praise the series enough. It's one of the best I've ever seen in sim form, that's for sure. It was hysterical fun from start to finish. 10/10.
Sam
Elder

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:58 pm

This completely passed me by!

I absolutely loved this episode. It was heartbreaking seeing Lorraine having to face up to her actions, however deserved, but the end was really lovely. The bit when she just goes and watches TV whilst her house was on fire was the bit that got me.

Well done!
Tom
Teenager

Postby Rob » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Comments are like buses; you wait ages for one and then several come along at once. :P

Thanks very much and I'm glad you both enjoyed the episode and the show. I've appreciated your comments throughout the series. :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby themrrk » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 am

So I just finished reading the last few episodes of this yesterday, I love this series to bits! Hopefully there will be more! Love it.
themrrk
Baby

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks very much. I'm glad you liked it. :D
Rob
Toddler

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Update
For anyone who still cares ( :P ), I've been off work for the summer so I've been writing. The upshot is that a second series of Lorraine & Laverne is coming later this year. Expect the usual chaos over the coming six episodes as Lorraine and Laverne become involved in charity work, have brushes with lesbianism, fight over a man, experience viral stardom, take a much-needed holiday and get too close for comfort with the criminal underworld.

Please feel free to catch up on the first series before the second arrives. It's only six episodes, so it won't take up too much of your time.
Rob
Toddler

Postby Sam » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:56 pm

I've read the episodes and they're absolutely fantastic! It tops the first series easily, which was no mean feat. Absolutely hilarious.
Sam
Elder

Previous

Return to SimTV Comedy