Sim Brother » Sim Brother: The Couples » Live Launch Show

Live Launch Show

Sim Brother 2006 - Couples Special

Davina McCall: Welcome to Sim Brother: The Couples, the Sim Brother special for 2006. In the past we've sent celebrities and teenagers into the house. This year we've decided to send in couples. Five couples will shortly be entering the brand new house through the doors behind me, and one of them will last the full three weeks to and win £500,000! Before we meet the couples, let's tour the new house. To help me out with that I'm handing over to my new co-host for the series: Presenter of Sim Date, Mr Love!

Mr Love: Thank you Davina. Welcome to the entrance to this years house. There's a red and pink theme in here, which is beginning to give me a headache! The housemates must go up steps to enter the house. What goes up, must come down, so lets go downstairs now and have a ganders.

Mr Love: The housemates will come out here, in the open plan living area.

Mr Love: This is the sofa area. The design team have gone for dark, cold colours. Maybe there trying to make the housemates cold towards each other?

Mr Love: There's also more seating and access to the store room and diary room in the seating area.

Mr Love: Next to the seating area is the kitchen. For this special, each couple will have their own personal food budget, based on the outcome of tasks where the couples will battle against each other. They will be allowed to share their food, but whether they'll want to is another question.

Mr Love: What better place for the bathroom, than next to the kitchen? The mirrored wall allows the housemates at this end of the room to see what's going on in the showers at the other end. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Mr Love: The final section of this main area is the dining area and bar. The dining table will only allow eight housemates to sit down, and with ten coming in tonight two people may be left out. I now hand back to Davina, who's in the diary room!

Davina: Hi again. Welcome to the very yellow diary room! As you can see there's a double seat. Our couples will be called here together to nominate and talk to Sim Brother, but thrtr will also be times when only one member of the couple will be called.

Mr Love: This is the main bedroom. There's four double beds in here at the moment. Your probably wondering where the fifth couple will sleep? Well...

Davina: ..they'll be sleeping in here, the luxury bedroom! The task which determines the couples food budget also determines who gets this room.

Davina: The room has it's own en suite bathroom, and a lockable door! The couple with this room can control their own lights, and won't be woken up at the crack of dawn like the other housemates. There'll also be other privileges for them at certain times. All that on top of their luxury food budget. Every couple is going to want to be the best.

Mr Love: Here in the garden, there's a huge pool area! The pool is heated, but as it's the middle of February, we don't expect the couples to use this much. The pool will be left here for the summer series.

Mr Love: Now, with only four beds in the main bedroom, the first privileged couple must be chosen tonight. To do this, Sim Brother has come up with a quick and simple method... five podiums. The couples will simply have to choose a podium, and one member of the couple will have to stand on it. What they wont know is that they are ranking themselves. The podiums are simply numbered one to five from left to right. Before they can be ranked, we need to meet them. Here's our first couple: Liam and Kelly.

Kelly: 'iya, I'm Kelly and this is me 'usband Liam.
Liam:
'iya.
Kelly:
We wanna go on Sim Brother, because we've got no cash, 'ave we love?
Liam:
No love.
Kelly:
We live in this crappy council 'ouse, and we've got five f**king kids to feed! You know what... they took away our benefits the other day, just 'cause they saw my Liam doing a bit building work round the corner. F**king B*****ds! Innit love?
Liam:
Aye, and then there's that woman next door, int there love?
Kelly:
Oh aye, 'er. She thinks she's little miss perfect. I mean, look at this...

Kelly: Just look at that f**king garden! We live in a council estate for god's sake! Not a palace!
Liam:
Aye.
Kelly:
It would really show her if we won that money and moved into an 'ouse with a much better garden, eh love?
Liam:
Aye.

Kelly: So that's why we want to go in really. We'd 'opefully meet a few nice people along the way, 'ave a few good parties and walk out of it with a load of money.
Liam:
The kids will be alright on there own though, won't they love?
Kelly:
Yeah, they'll be fine! Andy can look after the rest of 'em.
Liam:
How old's 'e now?
Kelly:
12 I think.
Liam:
Oh aye. They'll be alright then.
Kelly:
Well, 'opefully we'll be seeing you again in that 'ouse. Come on love, let's go put the kettle on.

Davina: Well, there defiantly... different! They've made an effort tonight, but I've got a feeling the other housemates could find Kelly's mouth quite offensive! Liam on the other hand seems pretty quiet but maybe Kelly never lets him get a word in!

Kelly: F**king 'ell! This is minging, init love?
Liam:
Aye.
Kelly:
It better be better inside, or I'm leaving! It's a F**king dump!
Liam:
Love I think...
Kelly:
What Liam? Let's just get in shall we!

Kelly: This is nice, init?
Liam:
Yeah, it's looks good.
Kelly:
It was just the entrance that was a f**king..
Liam:
Stop swearing Kelly!
Kelly:
What!? Why?
Liam:
I don't mind it at 'ome, but in 'ere we don't want people to get a bad impression of us.
Kelly:
Liam, I'm going to be myself! I've told you that already.
Liam:
Just tone it down a bit Kelly.
Kelly:
Alright! You should of said summat sooner! Come on, let's look around.

Liam: Look at the size of this kitchen!
Kelly:
I won't be doing no cooking in it.
Liam:
We've all got to contribute love. We don't wanna get nominated in the first week, do we?
Kelly:
No love, I guess your right.

Davina: It sounds like there developing their tactics. I'm glad Liam told her to stop swearing, it was getting annoying! This is the new indoor interview area at the new studio. You'll see some of the other areas throughout the night. Let's meet our next couple, Marge and Greg!

Greg: Hello. I'm Greg and this is my wonderful wife Marge.
Marge:
Hello.
Greg:
We've got two fantastic children and a beautiful home.
Marge:
Our lives are based around our religion. Were committed Roman Catholics.
Greg:
We go to church every day and pray every morning and night, and at meal times.
Marge:
Were very thankful to have been put on this earth, and we do our bit for it.
Greg:
We buy all our clothes in charity shops and donate 10% of our income to charity.
Marge:
However, we've been labelled as boring, even by our own children.
Greg:
It seems that were the last generation to live by all the rules left by god. We want to show that you can still have fun and hold down a religion, by going in the Sim Brother house.

Greg: It's going to be tough for us, going in there, but were doing it for the youngsters out there.
Marge:
I think they'll soon see were not boring!
Greg:
They'll be things in the house we might not agree with, especially when we'll probably go in with couples with no belief in god at all.
Marge:
But were doing it for ourselves and others. If we do happen to win, we'll donate all the prize money to charity.
Greg:
Absolutely.
Marge:
So, please give us a chance!

Davina: It's Marge and Greg! They seem quite old fashioned and that'll defiantly cause a few arguments! What will they think of Liam and Kelly?

Marge: I'm so excited!
Greg:
I haven't been this excited in a long time!
Marge:
Do you think were first in?
Greg:
Let's go and find out.

Kelly: 'ello love. I'm Kelly and this is my 'usband Liam.
Marge:
Nice to meet you both. I'm Marge and this is Greg, my husband.
Greg:
How are you both?
Kelly:
Wicked mate! This is great, innit?
Greg:
Yeah, it's great to be here!
Kelly:
Oh, I like your dress Mary.
Marge
: Thank you. It's Marge though.
Kelly:
Oh yeah, sorry love.
Marge:
No problem. Your dress is lovely too.
Kelly:
Thanks love. We've poured you some champagne.
Marge:
Oh.. we don't normally drink.
Kelly:
Oh come on! 'ave a laugh! It's a cause for celebration!

Kelly: To us. May the best couple win.
Marge:
Cheers. Is that the only toilet?
Kelly:
It's the only one we've seen.
Greg:
It's not very private is it?
Liam:
Haven't you watched the show before?
Greg:
A little bit. Were not really fans though.
Kelly:
Why you in 'ere then?
Marge:
Just to have a good time really.
Kelly:
Good on yer! Same 'ere. The money would be good though, eh?
Marge:
(Laughs) Yeah, we'd donate it to charity though.
Kelly:
Well you two really know how to have a good time!
Marge: (Laughs)

Mr Love: It's so obvious that they hate each other! Kelly was defiantly lieing about Marge's dress, and Marge laughed at her own expense. The Sim Brother psychologist, Jenna, may be able to tell us what they really think of each other. She'll be back for this series, from this area of the studio. Her articles will appear during regular episodes again. Our next couple is the first and only gay couple entering tonight. Let's meet Andy and Pete.

Pete: Hiya, I'm Pete this is my partner Andy.
Andy:
Hello.
Pete:
When we heard about the couples series we just had to audition! We've both wanted to go on the show before, but we didn't like leaving each other, so we were thrilled about this idea!
Andy:
We've been going out for five years and were going to get joined soon.
Pete:
We could do with some extra money though, so if we won that would be great!
Andy:
Oh yeah, defiantly.

Pete: Were a really great team and we'll both be good at working together with the other couples as well. We think we'll have a great time!
Andy:
Our parents know were gay, so we've got nothing to hide by going in the house.
Pete:
Were proud of being gay! We love each other just as much as any straight couple... if not more!
Andy:
We just want to go in and have a really great time, together, and with the other couples.

Davina: Here they are! Pete leading the way and Andy coming up the rear... woops, that was probably the wrong thing to say! I don't think Marge and Greg are going to be too happy about having a gay couple in the house. Let's find out..

Kelly: Oh look Liam, I told you they might put a couple of bum buddies in 'ere.
Pete:
We prefer gay couple if you don't mind.
Kelly:
Sorry flower, I didn't mean to cause offence. I'm Kelly, and this is my 'usband Liam.
Liam:
Hiya guys.
Pete:
I'm Pete, and this is Andy my boy friend.
Andy:
Hello.

Marge: I don't believe it.
Greg:
Come on love, we talked about what we'd do if this happened. We just need to treat them like everyone else.
Marge:
We don't agree with it Greg.
Greg:
I know, but try not to think about it. As long as they don't do.. anything, in front of us it's fine.
Marge:
Quiet, there coming over.

Greg: Hello. I'm Greg and this is my wife Marge.
Andy:
Hiya. I'm Andy and this is my partner Pete.
Greg:
It's nice to meet you both, isn't it Marge?
Marge:
What? Oh yes, of course. Nice to meet you. Glad to be here?
Pete:
Yes thanks. It's great! We've both wanted to come on the show before, so it was great when we heard we could come on together! Yourselves?

Davina: Greg and Marge really aren't happy about the latest couple are they? I think there too nice to say anything though! That could be tricky for them. Let's meet our fourth couple tonight, Graham and Nicola.

Graham: Hi. I'm Graham and this is my wife Nicola.
Nicola:
I could of introduced myself you know!
Graham:
Give it a rest Nicola. The reason we want to go on Sim Brother, is because were on the verge of divorce!
Nicola:
Were always having petty arguments and it's splitting us up.
Graham:
She always starts them, over really stupid things like who's turn it is to feed the cat.
Nicola:
I always start them!? It's you! Your always bossing me around, telling me to do things!
Graham:
I go out to work all day so we can have nice things! The least I can expect is food on the table when I come in!
Nicola:
I'm not your slave Graham! Why should I make your dinner?
Graham:
Because I work all the hours god sends for you!

Graham: You know how hard I work, and you go out and waste it all on clothes and makeup!
Nicola:
Come on Graham, this is supposed to be our audition. Give it a rest now.
Graham:
(Sighs) See what I mean about stupid arguments? Maybe being around some other couples could help.
Nicola:
We do still love each other. We want to start a family too.
Graham:
But a house full of arguments isn't really ideal for a child, so let's get things fixed! Being confined in the Sim Brother house for three weeks could be just what we need to solve our problems.
Nicola: Exactly!

Davina: I never said they'd all be happy couples! They do look fantastic together though.. a real red carpet couple! Lets see how the other couples react to them.

Graham: Let's try and be reasonable with each other, shall we?
Nicola:
Why?
Graham:
We don't want the others to vote us out for arguing all the time.
Nicola:
I thought you didn't want to win?
Graham:
We might as well try now were here. Just think about all the clothes you could get with that money!
Nicola:
I'm not obsessed with clothes Graham! Don't you dare start before we even get in.
Graham:
I'm not starting. I was just saying we should stop arguing!
Nicola: (Sighs) Let's just get inside.

Marge: Hello!
Nicola:
Hi! I'm Nicola.
Graham:
I'm Graham.
Kelly:
Are you married, like?
Graham:
Yeah, yeah.
Nicola:
Unfortunately (Laughs).
Kelly:
I know 'ow you feel sometimes love! I'm Kelly and this is my 'usband Liam.
Andy:
Hi there, I'm Andy and this Pete, my boyfriend.
Graham:
Hi everyone.
Nicola:
Graham, give the other's a chance to speak!
Graham:
Sorry, who are you?
Marge:
I'm Marge and this is Greg.
Nicola:
Are you married?
Marge:
Yes.
Kelly:
Come and sit down then! Think we must all be 'ere by now!

Mr Love: I think we'll be seeing a lot of arguments between the two of them! This is one of the control rooms at the studio. Each control room has twenty two large TV screens which can be set to any of the camera's in the house. This rooms empty at the moment, but when each days events must be edited down to the length of one episode this room will be full of very busy people! It's now time to meet our final couple, Joe and Samantha.

Joe: Hi, my name is Joe and this my girlfriend Samantha.
Samantha:
We met three weeks ago, and were madly in love with each other.
Joe:
We want to get married, but our family and friends think were rushing in to things.
Samantha:
We think that spending some time in the house will be a good test for us, and it'll prove to everyone else that we are in love and that we are ready to get married.

Samantha: If we were to win Sim Brother the money would be used for our wedding and honeymoon, and the rest will go towards starting our life together.
Joe:
We've already talked about having children, and we've both decided that we want to start a family in about ten years time.
Samantha:
You probably think were mad thinking about all this so early, but that's why we need to do this.. to prove were not!

Davina: I actually think it's kind of cute how there so in love! I just hope they really are and nothing goes wrong for them in the house!

Nicola: Hello!
Kelly:
We thought there wasn't going to be any more! Who are you both?
Joe:
I'm Joe, and this is my girlfriend Samantha.
Marge:
Nice to meet you. I'm Marge and this is Greg, my husband.
Samantha:
This house is beautiful.
Kelly:
Do you think so? I thought the entrance was disgusting!
Samantha:
I suppose it was a tad bright actually.

Davina: Did you notice that every couple has set next to their partner apart from Graham and Nicola!? I just thought I should point that out. They really have fallen out at the moment. All of the couples are now inside the house and they must now be ranked for the first time! If you look out of the windows behind me you can just about see the yellow podiums in the garden next door where a member of each couple will shortly be standing. I now hand over to Sim Brother.

Joe: This is so exciting isn't it?
Pete:
It's fantastic. By the way, there's some drinks over there mate.
Joe:
Oh excellent.
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother. Welcome to the house. Would all housemates please go to the garden immediately, and stand by the yellow podiums.
Nicola:
It's freezing out there!
Kelly:
The first excitement already! Great!
Joe:
I guess we'll have a drink when we come back inside then.
Pete:
Yellow podiums?

Marge: What's this all about?
Greg:
I haven't got a clue love.
Kelly:
Awesome!
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother. Would one housemate, from each couple, please stand on one of the podiums. Each podium may only be occupied once.
Pete:
Why?
Joe:
I don't get it. Which one of us?
Marge:
Do we do it now?
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother. Would any member of each couple please stand on any of the five yellow podiums immediately.
Nicola:
You do it Graham.
Graham:
I always have to do everything.
Joe:
Go on love, you choose one.
Kelly:
I'll do it Liam!
Greg:
You choose Marge.
Pete:
Which one of us is going to do it Andy?
Andy:
I don't mind if you want to.
Pete:
I don't mind if you do.
Kelly:
Just one of you do it, will you? This might be a task!

Andy: What does this mean?
Samantha:
I don't know.
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother. Throughout this series you will be constantly competing against each other. Every few days you will get ranked with a task. The couple in position one get access to private bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Kelly:
Oh my god!
Marge:
Constantly competing? I wanted to make friends in here!
Pete:
Me too Marge. I'm sure we can all still be friends.
Marge:
Erm.. yeah, of course.
Sim Brother:
The top couples will also get special privileges, like being allowed to stay in bed later than the other housemates.
Kelly:
This must be something to do with ranking ourselves for the first time!
Greg:
This makes sense now, because there's only four beds in the bedroom!
Nicola:
I noticed that too actually!
Sim Brother:
This ranking, also determines each couples personal shopping budget.
Kelly:
What!?

Sim Brother: The couple in position one will get a shopping budget of £14 a day. The couple in position two get £8 a day. The couple in position three get £6 a day. The couple in position four get £4 a day. The couple in position five get £2 a day.
Marge:
This is awful!
Sim Brother: Each couple has there own personal fridge in the store room. Sharing between couples is allowed but stealing food will not be tolerated. By choosing a podium, you have just ranked yourselves for the first time.
Kelly:
Told you!
Sim Brother:
Liam and Kelly, you are in position five.
Liam:
Oh no!
Kelly:
Crap! We'll share right guys? ... Guys?
Sim Brother: Joe and Samantha, you are in position four.
Joe:
(Sighs). We'll manage, wont we babe?
Samantha:
Yeah.
Sim Brother:
Andy and Pete, you are in position three.
Pete:
That's ok, in the middle.
Andy:
That's fine.
Sim Brother:
Marge and Greg, you are in position two.
Marge:
(Laughs) Lovely.
Sim Brother: Graham and Nicola, you are in position one.
Nicola:
Yes!
Graham:
Cool.
Kelly: We'll share right, everyone?
Greg: Position two is great!
Sim Brother: Thank you housemates. You may now return to the house. The private bedroom will open shortly.
Kelly: Anyone?

Davina: I'm sort of glad Kelly and Liam got ranked last! Kelly is really starting to get on my nerves.
Mr Love:
Oh mine too! Graham and Nicola in position one is also exciting. Will they take advantage of the privacy from the other housemates in their own room?
Davina: I doubt it!
Mr Love:
(Laughs) Me too.
Davina: That concludes tonight's show. Anything could happen over the next few days and I know you'll be tuning in to find out what!
Mr Love: What we can tell you is that the housemates will be nominating for the first time tomorrow!
Davina: And the first couple will be leaving on Tuesday, Valentines day!
Mr Love:
Until then, goodnight and thanks for watching.