Sim Brother » Sim Brother: The Couples » Day 02 Highlights

Day 02 Highlights

Sim Brother 2006 - Couples Special

7:58AM - Last night, five couples entered the Sim Brother house for a special series of Sim Brother. The couples were ranked one to five. The bottom four couples sleep in the main bedroom, and the top couple sleeps in a private bedroom. The top couple are allowed to sleep longer than the other housemates.
Sim Brother: This is Sim Brother. Good morning housemates, on your first full day in the Sim Brother house.

Kelly: Jesus! 'e nearly gave me a 'eart attack! What you doing Liam?
Liam:
We've got to get up!
Kelly:
'e didn't say that!
Greg:
Good morning everyone.
Sim Brother:
It's time to get up. Breakfast is ready.
Marge:
Breakfast? That's nice of them.
Sim Brother:
Please gather around the dining table.

Joe: Did you have a nice sleep darling?
Samantha:
I could do with a bit more.
Pete:
Andy, leave that! We've got breakfast!
Andy:
We've got to keep the place tidy.
Pete:
(Laughs) You never make the bed at home.
Andy:
I don't want to come across as a slob.
Pete:
Your hardly likely too against Kelly, are you?
(Joe, Samantha, Andy and Pete Laugh)

8:02AM - Sim Brother has put four bowls of cereal, two toaster pastry and two plates of pancakes around the dining table for the housemates breakfast.
Sim Brother:
Because it's the first day in the house, and you haven't done any shopping yet, Sim Brother has provided breakfast for you. However, you can see that there is a variation in breakfast.
Kelly:
I want those pancakes everyone! I've claimed them!
Sim Brother:
Marge and Greg, as the second ranked couple, you get first choice of breakfast. Please sit down, next to your individual choice.
Marge:
Ok. Would you all be ok in saying grace with us, as we'll be eating together?
Pete:
Of course we will Marge.
Kelly:
Geez!

8:03AM - Marge and Greg choose to have pancakes for breakfast.
Kelly:
They've done that on purpose!
Marge:
Actually, we just both love pancakes.
Kelly:
You only did it because I said I wanted them!
Pete:
Kelly, shut up! They've chose the pancakes.. get over it!
Sim Brother:
Andy and Pete, as the the third ranked couple, you get the next choice of breakfast. Please sit down by your choice.

8:06AM - Pete chose a toaster pastry and Andy chose cereal. Joe and Samantha had the next choice as the fourth ranked couple. Samantha chose a toaster pastry and Joe chose cereal. As the last ranked couple Liam and Kelly were left with cereal. Every housemate waited to eat when Marge said grace.
Kelly:
This is disgusting! It's all soggy. It's probably been festering on the table for ages.
Liam:
Mines fine. Really crisp.
Kelly:
You idiot.
Liam:
What have I done?
Kelly:
Forget it.
Pete:
It looks like Greg's enjoying the pancakes Marge.
Marge:
(Laughs) He enjoys his food. There a little sweet for my liking.
Kelly:
(Mutters) She doesn't even like them now.
Marge:
If you insist on muttering you could at least do it a little quieter!
Kelly:
Maybe I want you to 'ear!
Marge:
I'd rather not hear the voice of silly little girl like you, whatever your saying.
Kelly:
You've certainly come out of your shell since last night love!
Marge:
I told you I'm not interested in what you say. Let me enjoy my breakfast in peace.
Kelly:
(Mutters) Posh cow.

10:02AM - As the top couple, Graham and Nicola were allowed to spend an extra two hours in bed. They have been called to the diary room for their breakfast., a buffet of omelettes, pancakes, toaster pastry's and cereal.
Graham:
Those omelettes smell great!
Nicola:
The pancakes smell even better.
Sim Brother:
Tuck in. You can eat as much as you like.
Nicola:
Excellent. Let's eat!

10:09AM
Graham:
Where do think those doors go?
Nicola:
Secret rooms probably.
Graham:
What do you think's inside them?
Nicola:
How am I supposed to know!?
Graham:
I was just asking you to take a guess, calm down.
Nicola:
Right, ok. How's the omelette?
Graham:
Great, here try some...

Nicola: Mmm.. that's a good omelette! Here, try some pancake..
Graham:
Mmm, that's good too.
Nicola:
This brings back memories. You used to be such a flirt.
Graham:
I still am.
Nicola:
Hardly, your too obsessed with money and work.
Graham:
(Sighs) I only work so hard so you can have what you want.
Nicola:
I know! I don't want to argue about it. It would just be nice to see more of you.
Graham:
Maybe if you cut back on the shopping...
Nicola:
I'm not addicted to shopping!
Graham:
Stop denying it. You go out and spend hundreds of pounds at a time. I'm worried you'll go out one day and spend thousands. I think you've got a real shopping addiction.
Nicola:
What!?
Graham:
You need help!
Nicola:
Oh my god Graham! I can't believe you just said that!

Pete: Are you ok daring?
Nicola:
I'm fine!
Pete:
Are you?
Nicola:
Yes! Just leave me alone!

Marge: What was in the diary room? ... What's wrong?
Nicola:
Me and Graham are getting no where!
Marge:
Oh sweetheart, everyone has rough patches in their marriage, even me and Greg. You can work it out.
Nicola:
He's always having a go at me. I feel like I'm his daughter sometimes, not his wife!

Marge: Don't worry, things will get better. You both want to sort things out, so there's no reason why you can't.
Nicola:
We've got a big breakfast buffet in the diary room. It felt like old times when we fed each other, then we got into another argument.
Marge:
Go back and talk to him, or at least make the most of your buffet!
Nicola:
(Laughs) Thanks Marge. I'm just being silly.
Marge:
Your not, it's fine your upset. Fixing your marriage isn't going to happen overnight, it'll take time, but I can see there's a happy couple underneath, and I know you sort things out.

10:15AM
Graham:
I was beginning to think you weren't coming back.
Nicola:
Is that why your eating my pancakes?
Graham:
You know I don't like wasting things.
Nicola:
It's ok, I'll get some more. Let's just enjoy this breakfast, without arguing, ok?
Graham:
Of course, maybe we should just sit in silence (Laughs).
Nicola:
(Laughs) That's probably the best idea!

11:32AM - The housemates have been making their first shopping lists for thirty minutes. For this series, each couple has their own shopping budget and buys food for themselves. The couples rank determines the amount of money they have to spend. The first shopping must last the housemates five days. Andy, Pete, Joe and Samantha have decided that they'll cook meals together over this time.
Pete:
If you two put the pasta on your list, we'll get the sauce because we've got more money to spend.
Joe:
Ok. The vegetables are quite cheap too, so we'll put them on our list as well.

Kelly and Liam have £10 to spend for five days of food shopping.
Kelly:
We've only got four meals worth of food on and were already over budget.
Liam:
Why can't we ask someone else to put a few items on there lists?
Kelly:
No of them will.
Liam:
That's because you upset everyone. I doubt Marge and Greg would of let us struggle, if you 'adn't 'ad a go at Marge.
Kelly:
She 'ad a go at me!
Liam:
It was your fault Kelly. Just go and apologise and she'll 'elp us out.
Kelly:
I'm not going to apologise when it wasn't my fault.
Liam:
Even if it wasn't your fault, were the ones that need there 'elp, so swallow your pride and go and ask them!
Kelly:
Fine, I'll ask Marge!

Graham and Nicola have a shopping budget of £70 for five days. Marge and Greg have a total budget of £40.
Nicola:
We've still got over £20 left to spend.
Graham:
I suppose we should help out some of the others. Do you two need anything extra?
Marge:
No thank you, we've got £9 left over actually.

Kelly: Marge?
Marge:
Kelly?
Kelly:
I was just wondering.. would you and Greg be able to help us out with our shopping? I'm really sorry about earlier over breakfast.
Marge:
When my children apologise they stand up straight and look me in the eyes. I'd appreciate the same from you.
Kelly:
Ok... I'm sorry.
Marge:
Ok Kelly, what extra items do you need?
Kelly:
A few meals really. We've only got a couple of meals worth on our list. Oh, and Liam wants some beer.
Marge:
I'm sorry, but we won't be putting alcohol onto our list for you. I suggest you ask someone else. We'll buy some other food for you though.
Kelly:
Ok.. thanks.

Kelly: Nicola and Graham, would you be able to 'elp too? I know you think were scroungers but we 'ave only got £10 to live on 'ere, and if were ever in your position we'll make sure we return the favour.
Graham:
Since you asked so nicely, we'll put a few things on for you.
Kelly:
Would you be able to put some beer on for my Liam? 'e isn't 'appy if 'e doesn't 'ave a drink.
Graham:
(Laughs) Your hard to please aren't you? But.. ok..
Kelly:
Thanks so much everyone. We appreciate it.

2:15PM - It's been two and a half hours since the couples submitted their first shopping list. The housemates haven't eaten since breakfast. Some of the housemates are in the store room.
Kelly:
'ere, Graham, let us transfer our stuff to our fridge.
Graham:
I'd rather keep it in our fridge.
Kelly:
What, why?
Graham:
Just incase we decide we don't want to give you anything.
Kelly:
You can't do that.
Graham:
Of course we can, it's our money. Just ask me or Nicola whenever you want anything.
Kelly:
(Sighs) Ok. Marge, should I take the stuff out of yours?
Marge:
I agree with Graham. If we just hand over what we've got you, you'll just go back to being your usual insulting self. This way you've got to work for it.
Kelly:
(Sighs) You lot really don't like me and my 'usband do you?
Pete:
No Kelly, we don't like you. Liam's fine.
Kelly:
What did I do wrong!?
Samantha:
Swear, insult, moan and argue!
Kelly:
Well I'm sorry, can I just 'ave something to cook for lunch!?
Marge:
You said you had four meals worth, use that first.

6:02PM - The housemates have been gathered on the sofa's for the first nominations. Each couple will be called to the diary room and will be asked to nominate two other couples. The two or more couples with the most votes will face the public vote and one couple will get evicted on Tuesday. Kelly has been ignoring some of the housemates since the earlier food incident.
Samantha:
Five children? Wow.
Liam:
There a handful though.
Samantha:
I can imagine. I want to have children some day too.
Kelly:
Stop talking to 'er Liam! I told you, she insulted me too.
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother, would Andy and Pete please come to the diary room.

Sim Brother: Please give your first nomination and reasons for this nomination.
Andy:
Let's do the obvious one first.
Pete:
Liam and Kelly?
Andy:
Yeah, of course.
Pete:
We want to nominate Liam and Kelly. We haven't really got to know Liam, but Kelly is a really foul woman. Some of the things she says are outrageous, and then she expects everyone to help them out with their shopping.
Sim Brother:
Please give your second nomination and reasons for this nomination.
Andy:
Who do you think? I like Joe and Samantha a lot and the others seem fairly nice too.
Pete:
I think we should go with Graham and Nicola.
Andy:
Yeah, because of the arguments.
Pete:
Graham and Nicola, because I think being in here is making things worse for them. They do argue alot, and there both quite upset about it.
Sim Brother:
Thank you Andy and Pete, you may now leave the diary room.

6:08PM
Pete:
That was really difficult.
Andy:
I never thought it would be quite so bad, when watching the show.
Sim Brother:
Would Greg and Marge please come to the diary room to make their nominations.
Greg:
This is going to be tough.
Joe:
Don't worry about it mate. It's just a game.

Greg: I'm afraid were going to have to nominate Andy and Pete.
Marge:
Were really sorry, but we don't agree with homosexuality, and it's hard for us being in this house with them.
Greg:
It was difficult when we got up this morning and saw them getting out of bed.. together, half naked. I know some people may think were being old fashioned, but we've been taught it's wrong all our lives and now we can't change. They do seem like nice guys though.
Marge:
Our second nomination is for Kelly and Liam. Kelly's the problem really. She uses foul language and she treats food far too importantly. There's people starving in other countries. She should be grateful that she get's something at all.
Sim Brother:
Thank you Marge. Thank you Greg.

6:17PM - Graham and Nicola are the next couple to nominate.
Graham:
Ok, can we agree on the first nomination as Kelly and Liam?
Nicola:
Yes, absolutely.
Graham:
Good. Our first nomination is Kelly and Liam, because Kelly is horrible basically! She swears and she scrounges off the rest of us.
Nicola:
They did only have £10 Graham.
Graham:
I know, but they weren't happy with what they got, were they? They want more and more. There greedy!
Sim Brother:
Please give your second nomination and reason for this nomination.
Nicola:
This one's a bit more tricky, isn't it?
Graham:
Is it? I'm pretty made up on Greg and Marge.
Nicola:
What!? There really nice people! Why would you want to nominate them?
Graham:
There boring.
Nicola:
We need a couple like that in her for later on, to keep the peace.
Graham:
Ok.. who do you suggest then?
Nicola:
Joe and Samantha. We haven't really bonded with them. They seem nice, but they only seem to hang out with Andy and Pete.
Graham:
Ok Joe and Samantha then.

6:23PM - With two couples left to nominate, Kelly and Liam have three nominations. Graham and Nicola, Andy and Pete, and Joe and Samantha have one nomination each.
Samantha:
How did it go?
Graham:
Pretty smoothly actually. We agreed on them, so that was great.
Joe:
(Laughs). I think it's us now.
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother, would Joe and Samantha please come to the diary room to make their nominations.
Samantha:
Come on babe. We'll be ok.
Marge:
Good luck!

Samantha: Our first nomination is for Graham and Nicola. I don't know what Graham think's he's playing at, but last night he was trying to persuade us not to marry each other, just because he's having a rough time in his own marriage. Also, today, he and Nicola weren't offering to help most of us out with the shopping at all. We had fend for ourselves, with the help of Andy and Pete.
Sim Brother:
Please give your second nomination and reasons for this nomination.
Joe:
Were nominating Marge and Greg for the same reason. There was so much money around in the two top ranked couples earlier, but neither of them offered to help us when were second to the bottom. Don't get me wrong, there a lovely couple, and they donate a lot of money to charity apparently, but where were there donations today when we needed them?
Sim Brother:
Thank you Joe. Thank you Samantha. You may now leave the diary room.

6:31PM - Kelly and Liam are the last couple to nominate. They have three nominations and will defiantly face the public vote. Graham and Nicola have two nominations. The other couples each have one nomination each.
Kelly:
Right, our first nomination is for those idiots, Graham and Nicola. 'e thinks he's so great, over us, just because we live on benefits.. or at least we did until they took them away. I don't like the way 'e treats us. Nicola's quiet and isn't any trouble, but Graham looks down 'is nose at us. There no better than us!
Sim Brother:
Now please give your second nomination and reasons for this nomination.
Kelly:
Marge and Greg. Greg's a nice bloke, but that Marge is a stroppy cow.. probably on the menopause. She looks down her nose at us as well. What ever 'appened to equality, 'ey Marge? Aren't we all equal in the eyes of god? Well you seem to be forgetting that petal!
Sim Brother:
Liam, would add or change anything regarding these nominations.
Kelly:
'e agrees with me!
Liam:
I agree with Kelly.

6:37PM - Kelly and Liam, and Graham and Nicola got three nominations each. Both couples will face the public vote. One couple will be evicted on Tuesday. Greg and Marge survived these nominations with two nominations. The other couples got one nomination each. The housemates won't be told about the eviction and they won't be told who's facing the public vote.

8:37PM - Some of the housemates are eating dinner.
Kelly:
I wish we were 'aving pork chops.
Joe:
Macaroni and cheese can be quite nice.
Liam:
Not if it's made by Kelly (Laughs).
Kelly:
Liam!
Liam:
Sorry love.
Samantha:
If you'd asked you could of joined us and the boys when we made the lists. All six of us could of eaten together.
Kelly:
Really? You'd of let us shop with you?
Samantha:
Of course, you had hardly any money to spend. You can be a bit of a cow sometimes, but part of Sim Brother is working together, and we should all help each other out.
Kelly:
Aww... Thanks love, I'll know for the future, and if want to talk to my Liam about kids, it's alright with me.
Samantha:
Thanks Kelly. We both want to be friends with everyone in here really.

8:43PM
Pete:
I should be doing that. You cooked them. They were great pork chops too.
Andy:
It's fine. I like cooking.
Pete:
Since when? You've changed a lot. Cleaning, cooking... your not usually like that.
Andy:
I just want to stay here for as long as possible, and maybe win. I want to avoid getting nominated.
Pete:
I didn't realise you wanted to win so much.
Andy:
That money would be helpful with our lives, and It could be a great help in getting me started in a singing career.
Pete:
If you want to win so much, I'll help you all the way.
Andy:
I know you will.

9:27PM - Greg, Marge, Graham and Nicola are talking in the seating area.
Marge:
How long have you been... divided?
Nicola:
It just sort of happened one day, around a year ago. We hardly saw each other and we just started arguing all the time.
Greg:
I'm sure you can work it out.
Graham:
How would you know? You don't know what it's like.
Greg:
I can see that your in love though.
Graham:
It's difficult for us. I'm not even sure if I love Nicola any more.
Nicola:
Oh Graham, please don't say that. We should just discuss our problems.
Marge:
Maybe you could start by making a list of everything that's wrong, and work at one thing at a time.
Nicola:
I don't see enough of Graham, he works too much.
Graham:
And when I am around at the weekend Nicola just wants to go shopping.
Greg:
Well, why doesn't Nicola go shopping in the week, and then you can spend time together at the weekend?
Graham:
It's not as simple as that. I think Nicola's got a problem. I think she's addicted to shopping.

Nicola: I'm not. Every woman likes to pamper themselves every now and then, right Marge?
Marge:
Well.. it's nice to pamper myself sometimes, but there are cheap ways to do it.
Nicola:
I'm not the sort of girl that's easily pleased. I like quality things.
Graham:
No, you like expensive things.
Nicola:
I shop because I'm unhappy about us! It's a vicious cycle.
Graham:
If only you'd get help.
Nicola:
I don't need help from anyone, except you!
Graham:
I'll help you. I'll do whatever you want.
Nicola:
(Crying) You don't know how happy I am to hear you say that.
Graham:
Oh babe, come here.

Graham: Nicola I love you, and were going to do whatever it takes to get back to the way we used to be. Were going to start a family and were going to live happily ever after.
Nicola:
It's all my fault. I spend so much money. I'm sorry.
Graham:
It's my fault as well. I'm sorry too.

10:38PM - It's been over an hour since Graham and Nicola apologised to each other. They are in the private bedroom.

Greg and Mary pray every morning, night and meal time. They have just said a prayer for Graham and Nicola.
Marge:
I really hope they do work things out.
Greg:
Me too.
Nicola:
(Shouting) GRAHAM!
Marge:
Oh dear.

Nicola: You can't make me live on a budget! I'm not a child for gods sake!
Graham:
I think it would help you. I think £100 a week would be plenty.
Nicola:
There would be hardly anything left after food shopping.
Graham:
Exactly!
Nicola:
You can't do that.
Graham:
It's either that, or you get a job! You can't have nice things if I have to pay for them.
Nicola:
Your my husband!
Graham:
So? I don't remember making a wedding vow about paying for your shopping addiction. Anyway, I might not be your husband for much longer if you carry on the way you are!
Nicola:
Well if you not going to be my husband for much longer, you can sleep on the sofa!
Graham:
Fine! I'd rather not be anywhere near you anyway, or I might do something I'll regret!

1:03AM - All the housemates are asleep. On Tuesday either Liam and Kelly, or Graham and Nicola will get evicted. Who goes? You decide! To vote go to the Sim Brother home page. You may only vote every three hours. Multiple votes within three hours won't be counted.