Sim Brother » Sim Brother: The Couples » Day 03 Highlights

Day 03 Highlights

Sim Brother 2006 - Couples Special

8:23AM - It's day three in the Sim Brother house. Yesterday the housemates made their first shopping list. For this series the couples are ranked, and each have their own personal shopping budget. Joe, Samantha, Andy and Pete decided to buy items together and eat the same meals. They are eating omelettes prepared by Joe for breakfast.

Kelly and Liam are the lowest ranked couple, and they had the least money to spend on food. Graham and Nicola, and Marge and Greg, both put food on their shopping lists for them, but both have refused to let them put in in their own fridge.
Kelly:
There treating us like little children, but there the one's being so childish. I asked Marge whether we could 'ave anything for breakfast out of her fridge before, and she started 'aving a go at me and telling me to eat our own food first.
Liam:
I think we got off to a bad start with everyone.
Kelly:
Oh, you think!? Your so thick sometimes Liam!
Liam:
I thought you apologised to Marge yesterday?
Kelly:
I did! She probably wants me to grovel at her feet every time we need something to eat. Well guess, what, I won't! I'd rather starve than beg!

Marge: I bet she's taking about me again. If I was a gambler I'd gamble everything we own on it!
Greg:
Don't let her annoy you darling.
Marge:
I can't believe she expects me to give her that food, when she asks me with no respect at all. She's not even grateful that we got it.
Greg:
Maybe we should just give them the food? It will be more peaceful for everyone.
Marge:
Oh, I don't know Greg, she's started a fight now, and I'm not ready to give up!
Greg:
Ok, whatever you want sugar plumb.
Marge:
Oh poor Graham, he must of had such an uncomfortable night.
Greg:
I'm surprised he didn't wake up with our wake up call.
Marge:
Me too, it's a real shock when Sim Brother's voice suddenly booms into the house.
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother.
Marge:
There he goes again. I practically jump out of my skin every time!
Sim Brother:
Would one housemate please come to the diary room.
Marge:
I'll go.

Marge: Now really, that is just rude!
Kelly:
You need to be a bit quicker on your feet there Marge!
Marge:
You could see very well I was going.
Kelly:
Well I wanted to go too... and I won the race.

8:31AM
Sim Brother:
Hello Kelly.
Kelly:
'iya Sim Brother. 'ow are you?
Sim Brother:
Sim Brother can't answer that question, but how are you?
Kelly:
I'm ok thanks. There's just a few people getting right on my tits. What did you want me for?
Sim Brother:
Kelly, in the house there is a fish tank.
Kelly:
Yeah, and?
Sim Brother:
It has no fish in at the moment. Opposite you, on the table, is a bag of fish. Please take them to the tank and put them inside.
Kelly:
Right.
Sim Brother:
Fish food has been provided next to the tank, and cleaning equipment can be found in the cupboard under the kitchen sink.
Kelly:
Right.
Sim Brother:
There's also instructions for caring the fish next to the tank.
Kelly:
'ow 'ard can it be!? Stick in a pack a food and they'll be 'appy for a few days!
Sim Brother:
Kelly the fish must not be overfed. If Sim Brother feels the fish are being mistreated they'll be removed from the house.
Kelly:
Mistreating fish!? There just fish!

Sim Brother: Kelly, if you were left in a tank to die I'm sure you'd feel mistreated.
Kelly:
Aren't you forgetting something? I'm stuck in a 'ouse, without enough food! I can relate to these fish, and I will look after them, so stop worrying!
Sim Brother:
Kelly, your being put in charge of the fish management. It's up to you who cares for the fish, and if the other housemates don't obey your orders Sim Brother will enforce this rule.
Kelly:
What, so I can boos people around, over these fish?
Sim Brother:
Yes Kelly, you can.
Kelly:
Great! I know who's going to be first to clean them out!
Sim Brother:
Good luck Kelly. Sim Brother has every faith in you. The lives of these fish are in your hands!

8:40AM - Kelly returned from the diary room and put the fish in the tank five minutes ago. She has just told Marge that she can't look at the fish.
Marge:
Why not?
Kelly:
I'm in charge of these fish, and if they see your ugly face they might die.
Marge:
That's a stupid thing to say! Why are you in charge of these fish!?
Kelly:
Sim Brother said.
Marge:
I don't believe you.
Sim Brother:
This is Sim Brother. Kelly has been put in charge of the six tropical fish that have just arrived in the house. All the other housemates must follow her orders concerning the fish.
Kelly:
See?
Marge:
Well, may I please look at them?
Kelly:
No.
Marge:
Fair enough, but those fish aren't going to help you get food on your plate!
Liam:
Kelly, let 'er.
Kelly:
No Liam! Oh Andy, sorry, but you can't look at them either. I want these fish making lots of little fish and you might give them other ideas.
Marge:
You do realise it's one way glass don't you? Fish don't have the brains to know someone's gay or if someone's ugly. Your just being childish.
Kelly:
I take after you then.

9:08AM - Nicola has just got up. Last night she had an argument with Graham.
Graham:
I'm sorry.. again. We seem to be saying sorry a lot lately.
Nicola:
At least were saying it. I guess I'm sorry too. Maybe giving me a budget could work out.
Graham:
Oh good.
Nicola:
It's just a bit of a big change. I can usually spend as much as I want on the credit card.
Graham:
We'll sort it all out on the outside, but we've both got to want to sort it out.
Nicola:
I do want to sort it out.
Graham:
Good. Anyway, we've got some fish in that fish tank, so come and look.
Nicola:
Really? Wow.
Graham:
Yeah, but they've put Kelly in charge. She's banned me from going anywhere near them, but she's not said anything about you yet. Go and have a look, but make sure she isn't looking!

10:36AM - Greg and Liam are in the pool.
Greg:
Its a surprisingly nice day for February.
Liam:
(Laughs) Yeah, it's pretty nice... still freezing though.
Greg:
Yeah. The pool just looked so inviting though.
Liam:
I just needed to get some exercise. I'm starting to feel fat in 'ere.
Greg:
(Laughs) That's a shock, because your not exactly eating very much.
Liam:
Good point. I was meaning to ask actually, would me and Kelly be able to have some of the food you got for us, for lunch? We've only really got cereal left.
Greg:
Yeah, I'll get you something later.
Liam:
Thanks mate. I guess it's just our women with the problem.
Greg:
(Laughs) Yeah.

11:02AM - Sim Brother has called Liam and Kelly to diary room.
Kelly:
The fish are coming along great Sim Brother! I've give them their breakfast and they can 'ave some more food at around five.
Sim Brother:
That's great Kelly.
Kelly:
What do you want us for?
Sim Brother:
As the bottom couple, you must be finding it quite difficult with food.
Kelly:
You can say that again!
Sim Brother: As the bottom couple, you must be finding it quite difficult with food.
Kelly:
You didn't actually 'ave to!
Sim Brother: Sim Brother has decided to cook a roast dinner for you today.
Kelly:
Oh wow! That's nice of you.
Sim Brother: If..
Kelly:
There always 'as to be a catch, doesn't there?
Sim Brother: If you can both pass a mini task, Sim Brother will call you to the diary room at 1PM for the meal. If not, you will fail the task.
Liam:
What do we 'ave to do?
Sim Brother:
You need to get each individual housemate to thank you.
Kelly:
What!? 'ow?
Sim Brother:
You may not tell them about the task. Good luck!
Kelly:
Come on Liam!

Kelly: 'iya Sam, are you alright love?
Samantha:
Yes thank you, are you?
Kelly:
I'm smashing thanks! Where's your Joe?
Samantha:
He's having a shower.
Kelly:
Ok.

Kelly: Is anybody in there?
Joe:
Yeah, I'm just having a shower.
Kelly:
Oh, ok love. I want come in then.
Joe:
Thank you!

Pete: Are you waiting for the bathroom?
Kelly:
Erm.. yeah. Why, are you?
Pete:
Yeah.
Kelly:
Ok, you go first then mate.
Pete:
Oh thanks Kelly!
Kelly:
Believe me, It's fine!

Liam: Are you ok Nicola? I just thought I'd check incase you and Graham 'ad another argument.
Nicola:
Were fine, were getting on ok actually. He's just having a bath.
Liam:
Well if you ever want to talk about marriage problems then I'll listen.
Nicola:
Oh that is so sweet. Thanks so much, and thanks for checking on me.

Liam: Oh sorry Graham, I didn't know the bath was there. I 'avn't been in 'ere before.
Graham:
It's alright. It was nice of you to check on my wife.
Liam:
I was actually looking for you.
Graham:
You were?
Liam:
Erm.. yeah, Kelly told me to tell you that you can look at the fish now, if you want to.
Graham:
You can tell her I don't really care mate.
Liam:
Oh... Ok.

Kelly: Well? Who've you done?
Liam:
Nicola, Greg, Andy and I tried with Graham but didn't 'ave any luck.
Kelly:
Well I've done Samantha, Joe, Pete and I've just told Marge she could look at the fish and she was really made up and said thanks.
Liam:
So just Graham left?
Kelly:
Yeah, I better go and try.
Liam:
I wouldn't go now, 'e's 'aving a bath.
Kelly:
Alright, I'll wait a bit. We got all those done pretty quickly so we've got plenty of time left.
Liam:
Do you reckon they all counted?
Kelly:
I reckon all mine did,. None were sarcastic or anything.
Liam:
Mine neither. I guess we can be nice if we want to be.

12:34PM
Kelly:
Oh Graham, I was just coming to see you.
Graham:
You were? Why?
Kelly:
I think we got off to a rough start. I upset a lot of people, for some reason, and I just want to say I'm sorry.
Graham:
And your not just saying that because you want some food, are you?
Kelly:
No, I really mean it. I'm sorry for being offensive.
Graham:
Well Kelly, I'm shocked, but I'm really thankful.
Kelly:
You are?
Graham:
Yeah, thank you Kelly, and if you want some food for lunch you can come with me to the store room now and choose something.
Kelly:
Thanks Graham, but I'm quite hungry yet. Can I choose something later on?
Graham:
Yeah.. ok.

1:01PM - Kelly and Liam have been called to the diary room.
Kelly:
We passed!
Liam:
I knew we would. We've got a whole turkey!
Kelly:
And a whole cake! Yum!
Sim Brother:
Well done housemates, you passed your mini task and have been rewarded. Enjoy your meal.

1:51PM - Greg and Marge are talking about Kelly and Liam on the sofa's.
Marge:
They both started being nice today, after a rocky start.
Greg:
Yeah, Liam and I had a nice chat in the pool before. He asked if we'd be able to give them food for lunch today.
Marge:
Well, we can't let them starve.
Greg:
Should we just transfer a few things to there fridge?
Marge:
Yeah. When they come back out the diary room, we'll tell them they can have their food. I guess we've all been a bit petty.

Joe: You were in there for ages. Have you got a secret task or something?
Kelly:
No, but we did 'ave! We just 'ad a lovely Sunday dinner with desert and everything, so you can stick the food you won't give us up your jacksie Marge!
Liam:
Kelly! Don't!
Marge:
We were just about to give you the food!
Liam:
Why did you 'ave to open your big mouth Kelly?
Kelly:
Oh of course you were, you would say that now, wouldn't you?
Samantha:
No, they really were Kelly. I just heard them talking about it.
Kelly:
Yeah, right! Your all against us, but guess what, we can fend for ourselves! We don't need anyone else's 'elp. We'll live on dry cereal for the next few days if we have to, because your all too selfish to give us anything else to eat! Come on Liam! Liam?
Liam:
I'm not following you anywhere Kelly! I'm sick of you!
Kelly:
Don't be stupid.
Liam:
I want to make friends Kelly, and your not 'elping! I wish I came in 'ere by myself!
Kelly:
Now me own 'usbands turned against me. Great!

3:03PM - It's been over an hour since Liam and Kelly left the diary room. Kelly is outside in the garden and Liam is talking to Andy and Pete in the sitting area.
Pete:
You did the right thing standing up to her. I've seen how she bosses you around.
Andy:
She makes you follow her everywhere as well.
Liam:
She's upset a lot of people, 'asn't she?
Pete:
I think she's upset everyone in here, mate.
Liam:
What should I do now though? I can't just leave 'er outside.
Andy: She'll come back in when she gets cold. She seems like a tough nut as well... I'm sure she won't be crying about it.
Liam:
I don't think I've ever seen 'er cry actually.
Pete:
If I was you, I'd wait for her to come and apologise for her behaviour over the last couple of days. She really needs to change, or I'm pretty certain that you'll both get booted out when he first eviction comes.
Liam:
Yeah, I suppose I've done nothing wrong really.
Andy:
No, you haven't. It's all down to her!

4:01PM - Kelly has been sitting in the garden for over three hours. Greg has come to join her.
Greg:
You must freezing!
Kelly:
I am, but don't make out you care.
Greg:
I care about everyone. I'm a caring person.
Kelly:
Yeah... I reckon that's true actually.
Greg:
Come on you better come inside. It'll be going dark soon.
Kelly:
I would but I don't think I can move my legs (Laughs).
Greg:
(Laughs) Yeah, they must be pretty numb. I'll help you up.
Kelly:
Thanks.

Greg: Don't worry about Liam. I'm sure he'll come round.
Kelly:
It's my fault. I 'avn't really been that nice to people the last few days. It's the way I am though.
Greg:
I know. You should be yourself in here as well.
Kelly:
I know, but I should still make more of an effort. It's been difficult you know, being the bottom rank. Me and Liam 'ave never 'ad much money, but we've never 'ad to beg anyone else for anything before.
Greg:
Yeah, I know it must be hard. We should all really be helping you, no matter what your like. I guess, but those first impressions you made are lasting a long time.
Kelly:
Yeah, I've got to fix things now, 'avn't I?
Greg:
Yes, you have, but Ill help.
Kelly: Thanks Greg. I appreciate it.

8:52PM - Greg has called a house meeting and gathered all the housemates on the sofa's.
Greg:
Now, I've called this meeting to have a civilised conversation about Kelly and Liam.
Kelly:
Your going to talk about us with us 'ere?
Greg:
Yes, but I reiterate 'civilised', and by that I want people to listen to what I have to say and wait until the end to add any comments or questions.
Joe:
Ok Greg, were listening.
Greg:
Right, well, over the last couple of days Liam and Kelly have been the bottom ranked couple. It's been hard for them, and we've made things worse. Ok, so their behaviour, especially Kelly's may be a bit different to how each of us behave, but everyone on this earth is different. We asked them to change their own personalities just so we would help them. I think that's a big thing to ask, and it's not the sort of thing that happens instantly.
Pete:
Yeah, but she's been horrible to us all!
Greg:
Pete, I said wait until the end.
Pete:
Sorry.
Greg: If we'd just help them, this house would have been a more peaceful place. We should of given them food. They shouldn't of had to ask! There's plenty of food in this house for everyone. We've been greedy. I'm think that each of us should go to the store room and put some food into Kelly's and Liam's fridge. If each of us do that they'll have plenty to last them the next couple of days. Does anyone want to say anything?
Graham: We all tried to get them to change and it wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sorry Kelly. I'm sorry Liam.

Liam: I don't want anyone to apologise! Kelly is the reason we didn't get any food! Greg's made you all feel guilty, when Kelly's the only one that should feel guilty! If Kelly didn't behave so badly we wouldn't be 'aving this conversation! You can all forgive Kelly for all I care, but I know I won't be forgiving 'er for making the first few days in this 'ouse a living 'ell for everyone!

11:46PM - All the housemates are asleep. Every couple did donate food to Kelly and Liam, but Liam hasn't made up with Kelly and has refused to sleep in the same bed. He is asleep on the sofa. On Tuesday either Kelly and Liam, or Graham and Nicola will get evicted. Who goes? You decide! To vote go to the Sim Brother homepage. You may only once vote every three hours.