Sim Brother » Sim Brother: The Couples » Day 10 Highlights

Day 10 Highlights

Sim Brother 2006 - Couples Special

6:48AM - It's the tenth day in the Sim Brother couples house. Yesterday new couple, Mary and Anne entered the house. They have been awake for 27 minutes because Mary woke up with a hangover.
Anne:
Should we go back to bed?
Mary:
No, I might need to sick again.
Anne:
Oh deary me. You had too much to drink my love.

7:36AM - Kelly and Liam have been up for 12 minutes.
Kelly:
Did you have a nice sleep on your first night then?
Anne:
Yes thank you. It was fine until Mary woke up feeling ill anyway.
Kelly:
Oh no, what's wrong with her?
Anne:
Oh nothing serious.. just a hangover.
Kelly:
Sorry, that's kind of my fault. I encouraged her last night.
Anne:
It's fine, I'm used to it. She loves having a good drink.
Liam:
Where is she now?
Anne:
Puking I believe.

10:29AM - The housemates have been called to the diary room and have entered a secret room for the first half of a two day task to re-rank the housemates.
Kelly:
Oh my god, it's like some sort of game show!
Samantha:
Cool.
Mary:
My word.
Sim Brother:
Welcome to the set of 'How well do you know your partner?" We'll be testing your knowledge of your partner, to determine your new ranks. However...
Kelly:
There's always an 'owever!
Sim Brother:
You won't actually work with your real partner! Would Andy and Anne please take up the yellow podium!
Anne:
Ok.
Sim Brother:
Would Pete and Mary please take up the blue podium.
Mary:
Fine by me.
Sim Brother:
Would Kelly and Joe please take up the green podium!
Kelly:
Oh great!
Sim Brother:
Finally, would Liam and Samantha please take up the red podium.

10:32AM - The housemates have been given half an hour to find out as many simple facts as they can, about their new partner, for the first round.
Kelly:
Have you got any pets?
Joe:
No. You?
Kelly:
Five kids! There just like animals! (Laughs) Only joking, we've got a rabbit called snuff.
Joe:
What a nice name for a rabbit!
Kelly:
(Laughs) One of the kids named it. I think they meant snuffles, but it ended up as snuff. We've got a gold fish too called Goldie.
Joe:
(Laughs) That's easy enough to remember then.

Pete: When did you find out you were a lesbian?
Mary:
I'm not a lesbian.
Pete:
What!?
Mary:
I'm bisexual.
Pete:
Oh right! How long have you been with Anne?
Mary:
About 60 years my love.
Pete:
Wow, that's so much better than Marge and Greg!
Mary:
Who?
Pete:
They were here just before you. They had their 30th wedding anniversary on valentines day.

11:02AM - The first round of the task has begun. Each member of each team will be asked up to five questions. As soon as they get a question wrong, they cannot answer any more. They can earn a maximum of 10 points for this round.
Sim Brother:
Andy, what is Anne's favourite colour?
Andy:
Pink.
Sim Brother: Correct. What is Mary's shoe size?
Andy:
Five.
Sim Brother: Correct. What is the name of Mary's younger brother?
Andy:
Clifford.
Sim Brother: Correct. At what age did Anne discover she was a lesbian?
Andy:
Erm.. 15?
Sim Brother: The correct answer is 19. Questions will now go to Anne. Anne, what is Andy's shoe size?
Anne:
Sim Brother: Correct. What is Andy's father called?
Anne:
Michael.
Sim Brother:
Correct. What is Andy's favourite soft drink?
Anne:
(Laughs) I haven't got a clue. Lemonade?
Sim Brother: The correct answer was orangeade. Yellow team, you scored a total of five points. Blue team, your next!

11:06AM - The blue team scored a total of 6 points. Each member scored three points each.
Mary:
How was I supposed to know he prefers briefs to boxers? It never crossed my mind to ask!
Pete:
(Laughs) It's fine. We still did better than the yellow team.
Sim Brother:
Green team, it's now your turn.

Sim Brother: Kelly, what is Joe's favourite colour?
Kelly:
Blue.
Sim Brother:
Correct. What is Joe's underwear preference?
Kelly:
Boxers.
Sim Brother: Correct. What is Joes middle name?
Kelly:
Nick.
Sim Brother: Correct. What is Joe's dog called?
Kelly:
Butch.
Sim Brother: Correct. What is Joes mum and dad called?
Kelly:
Sarah and Paul.
Sim Brother:
That is correct. You got all five questions correct, so it is now Joe's turn. Joe, what is Kelly's bra size?
Kelly:
(Laughs) I never remember telling you that!
Joe:
I don't know. I don't understand the sizes!
Sim Brother:
Green team, you have scored 4 points.

11:13AM - The red team scored 4 points. Three were scored by Liam and one was scored by Samantha.
Sim Brother:
The blue team wins this round with 6 points. Red team, you were last. However, one real couple must now be eliminated. Samantha you scored the least points in the losing team, so you and Joe are now out of the game. Please return to the house. You will be the bottom ranked couple from tomorrow evening.
Samantha:
Oh no!
Joe:
Damn it! You asked me the hardest question!

Joe: I can't believe were last! It's unfair.
Samantha:
We've had our turn as the top couple.
Joe:
Let's just make sure we enjoy our hours in the private bedroom.
Samantha:
What do you have in mind?
Joe:
What do you think? (Laughs).

11:45AM - The housemates have been back in the main house for half an hour. Liam and Kelly and preparing Chile con carne for all the housemates.
Mary:
I still don't understand what happened. Why did Joe and Samantha get eliminated?
Andy:
We played together in the teams, but the person who did the worse in the loosing team get's their actual couple eliminated.
Mary:
Oh, I get it now! So basically, you've got to hope that your own team, and your partners team isn't last.
Pete:
Yeah.
Kelly:
What do you reckon we'll 'ave to do next?
Andy:
Another round of questions I guess.
Liam:
Are Joe and Samantha 'aving any of this?
Kelly:
I'll go and ask them.

11:48AM
Kelly:
Crikey!
Joe:
Crap.
Samantha:
I told you to lock the door.
Joe:
I forgot. What is it Kelly?
Kelly:
Erm.. it doesn't matter! Bye!

11:50AM
Kelly:
There going at it in there!
Liam:
Really!?
Kelly:
Yeah, they obviously thought we'd be staying in that room for a bit longer, because they didn't even lock the door.
Liam:
(Laughs) I hope we get that room next.
Kelly:
Well make sure you work 'ard in this task and we might!

4:01PM - Over the last two hours, each of the housemates still involved in the re-ranking task were called to the diary room and asked their opinions on a number of different topics. They were then called back to the secret room and put into new teams.

Each person will have to predict there team mates opinion. They will earn a mark out of five based on how correct they are. The green team are first.
Sim Brother:
When discussing legalising certain illegal drugs, what was Mary's view?
Liam:
Erm.. I reckon she must of been against it, because she erm.. doesn't want to see an increase in drug related crime.
Sim Brother:
Mary's answer was: I'm undecided, because I feel that legalising it will make less people want to try it. I think a lot of people just take drugs, because they are illegal. However, more people could get addicted and there could be more drug related crime. For your answer, Sim Brother will award you 2 points.
Liam:
I suppose that's ok.
Sim Brother:
Mary, when discussing legalising brothels with Liam, what was his opinion?
Mary:
I think he'd be undecided too, because I think it'll be safer for the prostitutes if they can work together and look after each other. But those sort of places could attract the wrong sorts of people and lead to crime.
Sim Brother: That answer is worthy of 4 points. Liam's additional point was: If I ever leave Kelly I can still get laid easily.
Liam: (Laughs) I didn't mean it. I wish I never said it. It was a joke!
Mary: Don't be embarrassed my love, I'm wouldn't be!

4:07PM - Kelly has just been asked to predict Andy's opinion on banning smoking in public places.
Kelly:
I think 'e would think it was a good idea, because 'e doesn't smoke and most people who don't are for it! I think that 'e would say it's unfair on the people who don't smoke, due to passive smoking and it also stinks!
Sim Brother:
That answer is worthy of the full five marks.
Kelly:
Really!? Great!
Andy:
Well done.
Sim Brother:
Andy, predict Kelly's opinion on introducing capital punishment in the UK.
Andy:
Well she wouldn't be totally for or against it. I think she'd be for it because it would stop people re-committing after serving a prison sentence, but against it because innocent people could be killed.
Sim Brother:
Kelly's answer was I'm totally for it because it would get rid of all the losuy scumbags in this country who literally get away with murder or more. Life sentences don't even mean life here. Introduce it and I'll back it all the way. For your answer Sim Brother will award 2 points.

4:12PM - The blue team are last. Anne is predicting Pete's response to legalising Euthanasia.
Anne:
Well, when you reach my age I like to think that when I'm in pain someone will put me out of my misery. I think Pete's a sensitive guy and I think he'd be for it, as long as it was controlled well. I think he wouldn't want people to suffer when they don't have to.
Sim Brother:
That answer is worth of the full five points.
Pete:
(Laughs) Well done!
Sim Brother:
Pete, when Anne was asked about Asylum seekers, what was her view?
Pete:
Erm.. I don't think Anne would have any reason to not want them here. They have come from horrible countries and they fear for their lives. I think Anne won't mind them being here at all.
Sim Brother:
Sim Brother will award you 3 points for your answer. Anne was unsure and thinks they get more money than she does with her pension.
Pete:
Oh yeah. I never thought about having to pay for them to live here.
Sim Brother:
The blue team win! Green team loose. Liam, you got the least points so you and Kelly are out of the game. You will be the third ranked couple from tomorrow evening. The game will continue tomorrow, when Andy and Pete you will go head to head with Anne and Mary.
Mary: Bring it on!

4:30PM - The housemates have been out of the private room for 15 minutes. They are in the living area. Samantha and Joe are in the private bedroom.
Kelly:
At least were not the bottom ranked couple again Liam.
Liam:
Yeah, that's good.
Andy:
And were either going to be first or second.
Pete:
Yeah, we should get the luxury shopping list.
Mary:
What's that?
Andy:
You can rent items off it. That's where we got the dart board and poker table from.
Mary:
Oh, I see.
Kelly
Are those two in their bedroom again?
Andy:
I guess so.
Kelly:
I really wanted that room this time. Maybe next time... unless were evicted.

10:40PM - Anne and Mary are at the bar.
Anne:
Take it easy tonight.
Mary:
I can handle it.
Anne:
You can't though! I'm the one who had to wake up with you this morning.
Mary
: You didn't have to.
Anne:
I did, because I care about you.
Mary:
If you care about me so much, let me do what I want to.

11:39PM - All the housemates are in bed and the tenth day in the house has come to an end. Tomorrow the re-ranking task will continue to determine new ranks for another five days.